USB Recovery EN-US RT 8.0

Search This thread
Last edited:

lerameur

Jan 2, 2008
Bayonne
Its available as a download, I think someone in trig0rs thread mentioned having a french recovery image though, you could send them a private message asking for it.

I downloaded an EN-US recovery.
There is English, Spanish and French.

But it's Canadian French (with $, time, qwerty, etc.), but all settings can be modified after the installation.. :good:

docfreed

Jun 6, 2009
Here's an 8.1 EN-US Version (Full/Clean 8.1) Unzip, then Use Same tool as OP to make USB

SurfaceRT8_1RecoveryEN-US.zip 3.53 GB

https://mega.co.nz/#!WAo2HZyT!RiKB1jVVd_LRMHf9ynpkbmYheQp5ZcG8oaPvm7Vt5d4
Thanks for the image. Now a few questions please:

D I assume that we "write" the image to a USB stick and not simply just copy it (I am using a Linux box) and the image also appears as 8.4 Gb as reported by Linux. Can the tool from the OP write this image to an 8Gb USB drive or do we need a larger flash drive? And does make the USB drive bootable?

Thanks in advance

Deuces

Jun 4, 2009
Houston

D I assume that we "write" the image to a USB stick and not simply just copy it (I am using a Linux box) and the image also appears as 8.4 Gb as reported by Linux. Can the tool from the OP write this image to an 8Gb USB drive or do we need a larger flash drive? And does make the USB drive bootable?

Thanks in advance

Your assumptions are correct. And yes, it does get made bootable.
To clarify for others:
Write this image to a USB stick using the imaging Software listed in the OP.
You can write this to an 8gb USB drive. It appears you may be able to shrink this down to ~2gb, but I have tons of 8gb drives so, somebody else can fight that battle. :p

docfreed

Jun 6, 2009
Your assumptions are correct. And yes, it does get made bootable.
To clarify for others:
Write this image to a USB stick using the imaging Software listed in the OP.
You can write this to an 8gb USB drive. It appears you may be able to shrink this down to ~2gb, but I have tons of 8gb drives so, somebody else can fight that battle. :p
Thanks - do you suppose that I can write the image to a USB stick from within Windows RT - I tried to right click on the img file but I see no way to do this.

Deuces

Jun 4, 2009
Houston

Thanks in advance

Thanks - do you suppose that I can write the image to a USB stick from within Windows RT - I tried to right click on the img file but I see no way to do this.

no sir, RT won't let you use the imaging software. gotta use a windows 7 or windows 8 pro computer to make the USB. Could probably find ways to make it happen from any os EXCEPT rt. lol.

docfreed

Jun 6, 2009
no sir, RT won't let you use the imaging software. gotta use a windows 7 or windows 8 pro computer to make the USB. Could probably find ways to make it happen from any os EXCEPT rt. lol.
Yeah kinda thought so! Tried Linux too - no go. Really love the Surface but I think MS screwed up by locking it so tight.

GoodDayToDie

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
No. The OS is the same (aside from some OEM tweaks, like the boot logo) but the firmware and drivers are not. Using a Surface image on a Lumia will result in a device that either can't boot at all or that is unsuable because stuff like the touchscreen or network or something else important doesn't work.

alex 7

Aug 26, 2014
Thanks for your answer...

Do you know where I can find the recovery image for Lumia 2520???

Thanks again ?

Top Liked Posts