Should I buy a Nexus 5?

Search This thread

GianniDPC

Mar 26, 2012
Hello, I'm considering buying the Nexus 5, But I read that there are some common problems with the device Link, So is the device worth buying?, If so are there things I need to keep an eye on?, Like the box code or something? To be sure I have a fully functional model. Any advice is appreciated!!

Greetings,
GianniDPC

jbdan

Aug 30, 2010
Atlanta
You'll need to decide that for yourself. You may have none of those issues in that link you provided. Or you may have some of them, or all of them, or more than them. See where I'm going with this? :)

Get the phone and if it doesn't work out for you return it. I think it's a fantastic device, by far the best Android phone made to date. imo

Reactions: GianniDPC

Rarscaryfrosty

Jul 30, 2011
About half of the issues listed in OP's link are common on all smartphones these days. Any phone can come with dead pixels, there's always a bad apple in a batch of good ones. Tons of smart phones, even iPhones all have rattling buttons. All of the others issues are primarily fixed in software updates, and I haven't had any of the issues listed.

Reactions: GianniDPC
Hello, I'm considering buying the Nexus 5, But I read that there are some common problems with the device Link, So is the device worth buying?, If so are there things I need to keep an eye on?, Like the box code or something? To be sure I have a fully functional model. Any advice is appreciated!!

Greetings,
GianniDPC

I haven't experienced any of those problems, had mine for about a month now and I'm loving it, for what it's worth.

Pain-N-Panic

Mar 24, 2013
Droid
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I'm in love with this phone. I got it specifically because its a root machine and has tons of development. Its an amazing device. Get it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda premium

marcviado

Aug 7, 2010
Las Vegas
That's the thing with people now a days..lots of people complain about a certain device having "issues" that other people become unsure if they want the device.I personally don't believe in what people say in the forums with the issues they're having.I purchase a phone because its what I want if I were to encounter issues then I do if I don't then that's great.but I'm not gonna let what some people say about them having issues stop me from buying a device I want. You simply just have to buy it and test it for yourself.most people are just picky and start complaining about random stuff.I will probably get lots of hate about this post but I've been seeing a lot of "buying a nexus 5 but seeing lots of post issues,should I still buy" threads. You just have to buy the phone and see for yourself. Just wanted to put my opinion out there :)

P.Mobile

Nov 18, 2011
RhOdE IsLAnD... 401
i have had many high end phones in the past.. my last 2 great phones were the galaxy s4 and the htc one... my nexus 5 is way better in my eyes.. only thing i miss is the htc one speakers... thats it... this is my firtst nexus phone.. i wish i would have jump on the nexus ship years ago.. best 400$ i could EVER spend :good:

bblzd

Nov 6, 2013
Toronto
As others have mentioned, buying from Google means you can always return you're phone for any hardware issues. They will even cross ship you the new phone so you're never left a day without a phone and can compare the two models before sending one back.

maxpower7

May 2, 2011
The supposed "issues" with this phone are severely overblown by some extremely nitpicky people. Get the phone. It's awesome.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Read THIS and make your own mind up ;)
    You'll need to decide that for yourself. You may have none of those issues in that link you provided. Or you may have some of them, or all of them, or more than them. See where I'm going with this? :)

Get the phone and if it doesn't work out for you return it. I think it's a fantastic device, by far the best Android phone made to date. imo
    About half of the issues listed in OP's link are common on all smartphones these days. Any phone can come with dead pixels, there's always a bad apple in a batch of good ones. Tons of smart phones, even iPhones all have rattling buttons. All of the others issues are primarily fixed in software updates, and I haven't had any of the issues listed.
    I'd say wait until google fixes the no SMS or phone calls on LTE issue.

What?