Why I`m happy with my M8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

grud1e

Sep 13, 2006
malaga
i keep reading other threads and posts about why people aren't happy with their M8..........i for one am extremely happy with mine in fact i have not been happier with a phone since i got an 02 xda exec (who remembers them)

i don't care if my screen may look a bit yellower than someone else's i am not one to compare things anyway i can see everything i want on the screen i have and can do everything from reading my books surfing the web play games and do work .......im happy

my battery lasts all day the way i use my phone ...i don't need 140hours of use and 28 days standby .......

i don't care if my grey is lighter or darker than anyone else's....im happy with the colour i have

my build quality seems fine ....nothing coming off or rattling .....im happy

I'm happy with sense don't need a gpe

i don't need a mega mega pixel camera i have a nikon d600 for that ....the camera is fine for what i would ever need it for u want more megapixels either buy a dslr or a nokia or sony

i have had a shed load of phones through the years and all of them bought because i wanted them regardless of looks style peer pressure or sales patter i make a decision and go buy it then use it as it was intended to be used ....but what i don't do is gripe gripe gripe .....far to many people nit pick and to a certain extent may well put others off buying that model i bet that for every one person on this forum that has a problem/gripe/nitpick there are 100`s that love it but you rarely hear from them

as a side note my phone was bought from cex in the uk along with a s5 for my son and he loves his as much as i love mine so it really is horses for courses.......of course mines better coz i can and have, unlocked boot loader, rooted, s-offed, changed cid/mid, sim unlocked and flashed ARHD and he can't !!!!

eikast

Feb 22, 2012
The camera is fine, I just wish that it was smoother, I'm coming from an iPhone so I'm a little spoiled in some areas and abused in others.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

daddioj

Jul 23, 2011
Poconos
its a perfect phone. i don't know what the hell there is to complain about really. if it got 100 MP camera someone would complain about something . else. for a smaller battery than my G2 it sure as hell last just as long...... oh its too long.... ohh the bezels are too big. blah blah for real? lmao. let me shake my phone to see if something rattles. people do all sorts of crazy things. trust me i had every phone known to man, and this phone is close to perfect. would i take a bigger battery or camera sure. does it hinder the phone at all. def not! and sense 6 is the best version yet

i am also a happy M8 user :good:

ahmadsraj

Dec 1, 2011
Aleppo
I really liked this phone
I came from galaxy note 3
It's really smooth and fast,I like the camera and the screen is good
I can't find anything to dislike this phone it's awesome.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

barondebxl

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
i keep reading other threads and posts about why people aren't happy with their M8..........i for one am extremely happy with mine in fact i have not been happier with a phone since i got an 02 xda exec (who remembers them)

i don't care if my screen may look a bit yellower than someone else's i am not one to compare things anyway i can see everything i want on the screen i have and can do everything from reading my books surfing the web play games and do work .......im happy

my battery lasts all day the way i use my phone ...i don't need 140hours of use and 28 days standby .......

i don't care if my grey is lighter or darker than anyone else's....im happy with the colour i have

i don't need a mega mega pixel camera i have a nikon d600 for that ....the camera is fine for what i would ever need it for u want more megapixels either buy a dslr or a nokia or sony

i have had a shed load of phones through the years and all of them bought because i wanted them regardless of looks style peer pressure or sales patter i make a decision and go buy it then use it as it was intended to be used ....but what i don't do is gripe gripe gripe .....far to many people nit pick and to a certain extent may well put others off buying that model i bet that for every one person on this forum that has a problem/gripe/nitpick there are 100`s that love it but you rarely hear from them

as a side note my phone was bought from cex in the uk along with a s5 for my son and he loves his as much as i love mine so it really is horses for courses.......of course mines better coz i can and have, unlocked boot loader, rooted, s-offed, changed cid/mid, sim unlocked and flashed ARHD and he can't !!!!

Great post buddy! You're absolutely right, ppl complain and nit pick a lot but as long as you're happy that's what matters.

Sent from my SM-G900F/T/I/M/P/W8 using Tapatalk

shaqqq

Apr 9, 2011
I'm happy with my M8 also. Only thing I'm mad about is I can't send and receive pictures because my M8 is Att I'm using it on T-Mobile.

1ManWolfePack

Jul 11, 2012
I've about had 'em all myself.

This is as close to perfect as I've had.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW

eikast

Feb 22, 2012
I'm happy with my M8 also. Only thing I'm mad about is I can't send and receive pictures because my M8 is Att I'm using it on T-Mobile.

That shouldn't be a huge issue. Just have tmobile configure your APN settings.

shaqqq

Apr 9, 2011
That shouldn't be a huge issue. Just have tmobile configure your APN settings.

Yeah they did and they said sometimes with unlocked phones that doesn't work. I read that since kitkat been released att blocked unlocked phones being able to send and receive pictures. Everything else works besides this.

paulcfc

May 12, 2014
i'm happy because i managed to get one on upgrade with EE for just £29.99 per month with no upfront cost !!!!
bargain....:victory:

KarimSalloum

Apr 24, 2012
Beirut
I think most people are happy with their M8, but feel a tiny bit let down by a couple of things. I love my M8 but I wish HTC had better quality control. Mine had 2-3 small scratches right out of the box, along with a loose volume rocker. I know that nothing is perfect but to be honest I've seen many iPhone's 5 and 5S and all of them are the same out of the box...
Other than that nothing beats this phone really. Excellent device all round.

grud1e

Sep 13, 2006
malaga
i'm happy because i managed to get one on upgrade with EE for just £29.99 per month with no upfront cost !!!!
bargain....:victory:

thats a good deal ......personally i never use a contract been with giffgaff since the start due to unlimited data and since the beginning of this year used ee for the 10gb data for 30£ per month and will look at giffgaff again when they roll out 4g ......when ever i change handsets i use cex so i can trade in the old one and save some money

njhardc0re

Oct 31, 2010
Coming from a Droid Maxx with a 3500 battery I can say that the M8 battery is not terrible at all.

Longcat14

Feb 13, 2011
Dallas
I don't think the people who are complaning hate the phone itself, but they have defects which make them not like the one they have in their hands.

Personally, I love the M8, but my first one had speaker grills and a screen that looked like they were going to pop off, and my second one has a loose volume rocker and dead pixel. I do love this phone, but I wish HTCs quality control was better.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Barso1

Nov 8, 2012
I just jumped over after owning an iphone5S and absolutely loving the M8 and android.

SouthernEvo

Aug 6, 2010
Jacksonville FL
I love the HTC M8 , Luckly enough for me I managed to get a makeshift screen shield over the camera since it had developed two scratches already . Mind you it lives in an otterbox . Other than that one issue and stopping future scratches from developing . No dead pixels , grills pretty much flush with the screen and the volume keys are fine since they in a case anyways LOL . Hell I even like Sense (OMG WHO JUST TYPED THAT) , and what they have done with it .

bkeaver

Yeah they did and they said sometimes with unlocked phones that doesn't work. I read that since kitkat been released att blocked unlocked phones being able to send and receive pictures. Everything else works besides this.

I'm on ATT and I can send and receive pictures just fine. I've always had my phone's unlocked so I don't know who posted that but that just isn't true.

Oh and I also love this phone. I'm usually a huge Samsung person but this has been the best phone I've had to date.... And I've had A Lot.

shaqqq

Apr 9, 2011
I'm on ATT and I can send and receive pictures just fine. I've always had my phone's unlocked so I don't know who posted that but that just isn't true.

Oh and I also love this phone. I'm usually a huge Samsung person but this has been the best phone I've had to date.... And I've had A Lot.

My M8 is AT&T but unlocked using on T-Mobile. This the only phone I had this problem with and other people having the same issue and they saying it happened when KitKit released and something about Att started blocking it for people who unlock there phones to use for other carriers.

And I agree with you on that. The S5 was the first Samsung phone I didn't like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

its a perfect phone. i don't know what the hell there is to complain about really. if it got 100 MP camera someone would complain about something . else. for a smaller battery than my G2 it sure as hell last just as long...... oh its too long.... ohh the bezels are too big. blah blah for real? lmao. let me shake my phone to see if something rattles. people do all sorts of crazy things. trust me i had every phone known to man, and this phone is close to perfect. would i take a bigger battery or camera sure. does it hinder the phone at all. def not! and sense 6 is the best version yet

i am also a happy M8 user :good:
    I've been using my M8 for nearly 2 weeks now.

Coming from Galaxy S4, i can tell the difference is abysmal. The speed, the quality of the screen, the way the phone manages the different task, the battery life is amazing! The pictures are good too.

Overall i feel satisfied with the change :)
    I don't understand why anyone would complain -- maybe I'm just lucky but I don't have the defects that others had -- same thing with my M7 (although it developed the purple Camera tint -- now that I have my M8, I can have it replaced).

I owned a Galaxy S5 for about 3 weeks before I got my M8 (my supplier's fault: he took forever to get me one). Not impressed with the S5. It always felt cheap in hand and while the camera and screen were great, I could never get over how flimsy it felt. Honestly, my logitech G700s mouse feels sturdier in comparison.

Meanwhile, the build quality and materials used in the M8 -- as well as the ongoing refinement of Sense -- puts it far ahead of anything Samsung, Sony (comes closest), LG or any of the others have.

Regarding Sense -- do any of you realize that Samsung's stock dialer on the S5 is nearly the same thing it had on the Galaxy S2 but with slightly different colors? It's crazy -- Gingerbread design in a KitKat world. Also, the fingerprint scanner on the S5 is a joke -- I own an iPhone 5s and I'm shocked that Samsung bothered to ship a phone with such crappy fingerprint recognition just to "compete" with Apple -- and it's not like TouchID is perfect. Regardless, pitting their fingerprint scanners head-to-head was like pitting a kindergarten kid (Samsung) against Lebron James (Apple) in a game of basketball. It's a travesty.

Also, I've seen numerous reviews comparing the S5 and the M8 and 9/10 were all in favor of the M8. One exception was GSM Arena (quite possibly paid off by Samsung), which actually claimed TouchWiz was better than Sense. I laughed so hard at that one. GSM Arena has been shilling for Samsung since at least the Omnia days; I stupidly bought one back then because I believed its review.

With respect to the Camera -- by now, consumers are sophisticated enough to know that the camera megapixel count isn't that big of a deal given the use cases for most camera phones -- I can't even remember the last time I transferred a phone camera photo to my PC. If I want to go nature-hiking and take photos, I have a DSLR for that.

To conclude, owning the S5 always felt like owning the 2nd-best thing out there. Now that I have my M8, I feel like I own the best Android device available.