[HELP & SUPPORT] Xperia Ultimate HD

Search This thread

rafaelbelo

Sep 17, 2012
Hi there youngman (...)

Sent from my LT15i using xda app-developers app

Nice, very deserved compliment. There are indeed a lot of spammers in teh dev thread, and they should not be taken seriously. Hell, most of the times I can't even understand their english! I've just received a notification of an Update via OTA available in my system, to 2.0.1, and i'll do it when I finish my work. This is simply amazing, we don't even have to bother comming here and find download link. And all that for free.
But make no mistake. I know from experience, Jader is taking his time in youth to study hard and dedicate to his coding passion, and it will pay off... a lot... in a very near future.

]Midway,this young boy was called away by his mum and he just put down the camera he was recording and went off for a minute or two.

This story is similar to a declaration of Linus Torvald's mom. To make him happy, it would suffice to leave him in a dark rom with his computer and occasionally pull a plate of food under the door. lol

Jader, thanks for the OTA update man... And I think i got ext3 to mount on boot after installing link2sd, just so everyone knows.

Last edited:
Reactions: jader13254

Petrsharks

Nov 2, 2010
love ya

Hi, I own lt15i and I installed 1.0 few weeks ago, last week I upgraded to 2.0 and yesterday I received 2.0.1 OTA ... I love this ROM, I even installed it to my friends lt18i :)

My experience so far on lt15i:
1.0 - I removed few large apps as it was recommended because it wont load on lt15i as this ROM is too large. Everythink worked without any problems on first attempt, so beautifull experience after Sony ICS :)
2.0 - I done brand new installation (full wipe, system clean.... ). It worked briliant and very fast, but WIFI was not recognised (no wifi) ... I had still same kernel as I used before, stock lt18i. I don't know why there was this problem, but wifi didn't worked even after permission fix. I tried few reinstalls but always same result. All was sorted when I flashed WIFI modules in CWM from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1936377 . Another problem is that when I flashed either Walkman 7.5 or AC!D booth gave me bootloop after SONY logo which forced me to reinstall system again. Only solution for me was to copy walkma. apk to system/apps manualy in rooted explorer.
2.0.1 - installed yesterday OTA and flashed in CWM, all without any problems

on lt18i which I installed 3 days ago I didnt found any problems, WIFI and Walkman flash all worked very fast.

Thanks a lot Jan for this ROM!!
Petr :cowboy:

---------- Post added at 05:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 PM ----------

I nearly forgot... is there any chance to add CWM installation to Aroma installer? As I have to add it manually via PC every time I install your ROM

goldmonster

Jul 20, 2012
Hi, I own lt15i and I installed 1.0 few weeks ago, last week I upgraded to 2.0 and yesterday I received 2.0.1 OTA ... I love this ROM, I even installed it to my friends lt18i :)

My experience so far on lt15i:
1.0 - I removed few large apps as it was recommended because it wont load on lt15i as this ROM is too large. Everythink worked without any problems on first attempt, so beautifull experience after Sony ICS :)
2.0 - I done brand new installation (full wipe, system clean.... ). It worked briliant and very fast, but WIFI was not recognised (no wifi) ... I had still same kernel as I used before, stock lt18i. I don't know why there was this problem, but wifi didn't worked even after permission fix. I tried few reinstalls but always same result. All was sorted when I flashed WIFI modules in CWM from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1936377 . Another problem is that when I flashed either Walkman 7.5 or AC!D booth gave me bootloop after SONY logo which forced me to reinstall system again. Only solution for me was to copy walkma. apk to system/apps manualy in rooted explorer.
2.0.1 - installed yesterday OTA and flashed in CWM, all without any problems

on lt18i which I installed 3 days ago I didnt found any problems, WIFI and Walkman flash all worked very fast.

Thanks a lot Jan for this ROM!!
Petr :cowboy:

---------- Post added at 05:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 PM ----------

I nearly forgot... is there any chance to add CWM installation to Aroma installer? As I have to add it manually via PC every time I install your ROM
I have the same problem with walkman and acid and I solved it. LT18i won't get that because it has larger internal memory than LT15i
As I know, there is no way to add CWM to Aroma. Why don't you use other kernel like KTG or ADV stock, I think it's better than stock kernel and it has CWM :D

Last edited:

Petrsharks

Nov 2, 2010
I have the same problem with walkman and acid and I resolved it.
As I know, there is no way to add CWM to Aroma. Why don't you use other kernel like KTG or ADV stock, I think it's better than stock kernel and it has CWM :D

its nice to know that you solved that Walkman problem... can you tell me how? :)
I can't install any other kernel as I have locked bootloader :(

goldmonster

Jul 20, 2012
its nice to know that you solved that Walkman problem... can you tell me how? :)
I can't install any other kernel as I have locked bootloader :(
If your device can be unlocked bootloader, you should do it :D.
With the walkman problem, firstable, you check the size of walkman zip file that you want to flash, then you use Root explorer to delete some unnecessary apk file in /system/app and make sure the free space of /system larger than the size of walkman zip file. After that, you flash the zip file by CWM and remember to wipe dalvik cache. This process worked in my Arc with ultimate HD 2.0.1 rom and Walkman V from Thillina C. Try it :D

Reactions: Petrsharks

Ashu1307

Mar 10, 2012
New Delhi
Wi-Fi Not working

Sir after installing ur Xperia Ultimate HD Rom, my WiFi doesn't workž what's the problem sir? I liked ur Rom. But wifi is the problem. What to do pls reply sir!

Edited
Finally got working after installing WiFi modules.
But I liked Previous Walkman app. Which is not present just a old music player. Pls will u guide me for a working walkman app for this Rom, tried several by cwm, but none of them works.
Pls reply!
Thnx

Last edited:

banking.amateur

Aug 25, 2012
Hanoi
We already have "Enable/ Disable Navigation Bar", which is a nice function, in Settings. So, could you integrate Navigation Bar into the next build :confused: it'll be great. Thank you so much, in adv :fingers-crossed:

infinite222

Feb 21, 2011
Can't get into CWM

Great work on the Rom, it's fantastic. Like a new phone.

I followed the instructions but ran into problems. com.sonymobile.social something stops working. It only happens two times or so when i have rebooted the Arc, after that, nothing.

The second problem I have is the WiFi. Since I can't get into cwm when I restart anymore. Worked fine when i installed the rom, but cant flash the wifi fix now:(

My Arc is rooted but not unlocked bootloader.

jader13254

May 25, 2012
Hamburg
Great work on the Rom, it's fantastic. Like a new phone.

I followed the instructions but ran into problems. com.sonymobile.social something stops working. It only happens two times or so when i have rebooted the Arc, after that, nothing.

The second problem I have is the WiFi. Since I can't get into cwm when I restart anymore. Worked fine when i installed the rom, but cant flash the wifi fix now:(

My Arc is rooted but not unlocked bootloader.

Copy modules via file explorer or whats your prob?

Sent from my LT18i using xda app-developers app

infinite222

Feb 21, 2011
Copy modules via file explorer or whats your prob?

Sent from my LT18i using xda app-developers app

I thought the zip needed to be flashed through cwm, the translated guide said so. Ok, so i'll just copy them to my memory card then i guess.

The OTA 2.01 update was downloaded but system said it needed to be flashed though, and that is a problem since I can't get into recovery mode.

Big thanks for the replies.

rafaelbelo

Sep 17, 2012
OTA from 2.0.1 to 2.0

Hello, I received a notification to update to 2.0 from OTA updater in my phone. The thing is I already have 2.0.1. Is that an intended rollback?

To the forum moderator, in my oppinion, thread's OP isn't responsible for the spams. The spammers in question should be warned and then suspended... and then banned. It may be kinda unfair to close a thread... maybe as a last resort though... this is just my tought.

Thanks.

pren22

Oct 24, 2011
Is it possible to flash DooMKernel v05 with Ultimate HD using xperia arc,well i tried flashing it,and it boot's up and everything but wifi doesn't work,tried installing modules but didn't work,is there a way to use DooMKernel v05 with wifi working?Tnx

zazabo-san

Aug 17, 2012
Jader, thank you for the amazing rom, it is sometimes hard to install walkman but now i done it, i'm looking for the onscreen buttons for Ultimate HD 2.0,it was removed in your main topic, can you or any one give me the link download for that?

pren22

Oct 24, 2011
Jader, thank you for the amazing rom, it is sometimes hard to install walkman but now i done it, i'm looking for the onscreen buttons for Ultimate HD 2.0,it was removed in your main topic, can you or any one give me the link download for that?

Here: http://www.4shared.com/zip/0Pi7Nc3b/ICS_404_0587_On-Screen_Buttons.html
It's 4Shared so you have to login to download,sry this is my frst uploaded file so i don't know how to upload on other sites.
If you ever get tired of those buttons,you can disable it in Settings>Ultimate HD Advanced>On Screen Navigation Buttons>Press to disable navigation bar and reboot your phone.Cheers

Reactions: zazabo-san

zazabo-san

Aug 17, 2012

infinite222

Feb 21, 2011
What is the best way (only way?) to install CWM on my phone with Ultimate HD again?
I've tried x-parts, but still can't boot into recovery mode to flash the wifi fix.

Zouzou92

Oct 29, 2012
Hello, this is my first post here and I have a question about the version 2.0 :

Can I skip this step : "For Unlocked Bootloaders: Flash one of the Recomnend Kernels; Adv. Stock Kernel or KTG Anzu" if I already have the version 1 ? (my question may be stupid but i'm a noob in this domain)

(I also apologize for my bad English, I'm french ^^')

Thanks in advance ! :)

djfernandes

Mar 9, 2012
Answer to your post #2389

I really love the AOSP & JB lockscreen, please add it on your next release.
The stock lockscreen is tedious!! :)

Thanks for your great work Jader!

sakthi444

Mar 21, 2012
coimbatore
sounds are little bit low in volume (touch sounds, ringtones or notification sounds

and battery life is not as Ultimate HD 1

anyone has similar prob or is it my phone??

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

Hello, this is my first post here and I have a question about the version 2.0 :

Can I skip this step : "For Unlocked Bootloaders: Flash one of the Recomnend Kernels; Adv. Stock Kernel or KTG Anzu" if I already have the version 1 ? (my question may be stupid but i'm a noob in this domain)

(I also apologize for my bad English, I'm french ^^')

Thanks in advance ! :)

if you have locked bootloader no need for you to flash custom kernels
just go on with rom installing like in Version 1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For Arc (LT15i ) // Unlocked Bootloader

Step by Step Flashing a Custom Rom, from Stock /w auto rooting

For Arc (lt15i) // Unlocked BL | For locked bootloader, try this : Tesla's Guide

You can use this guide, on any custom rom.
    I'm using Ultimate HD 3.0.2 when build this guide.

For who kinda new of using flashtool or installing / flashing and rooting a rom.

*note for autorooting : The term 'autorooting' i used here mean that your device will automatically rooted, so you don't have to use the root tool/guide again to have root. This is because the cusrom i used on this guide (uhd 3.0.2) is pre-rooted . Which mean, u only just install the cutom kernel, than ur deviced is rooted.

Preparation
    . Copy your custom rom.zip to your sd card ( ex: UHD 3.0.2.zip )
    . Copy your custom kernel wifi modules.zip to your sd card ( ex: modules.zip )
    *you can get the modules, from the custom kernel thread you use
    *some kernel ex: Lupus v11 up , doesn't need separate modules zip, as it's integrate (inside) with the kernel
    . I'm using Flashtool 0.9.9.0 *be aware that some user have problems bootloop with different version
    . Download recommended base rom (ICS) => LT18i_4.1.B.0.587_(1254-2716).zip : dev-host
    *It's stock firmware of 4.1.B.0.587 for Arc S, i used it to increase system partition memory from 380mb to 420mb.
    *It's very recommended to use this firmware, if you're gonna using UHD 3.02, coz the rom need a lot of space in system partition, and lot of arc user have problems installing the rom if using LT15i firmware.

A. Back to official rom (unrooted).
    ========================

. Open flashtool, then click flash button (lighting icon). Choose Flashmode then ok.
    . Select LT18i_4.1.B.0.587_(1254-2716) // wipe data , cache, apps log is checked // All exclude, unchecked // No final verification checked then click ok
    . After a notification to plugin ur device pop up, connect ur phone (with power is off) while pressing the back key
    (it's the left one, not the right one.. the picture on the flashtool is using different device).
    . If ur doing right, the led phone will turn green and it will automatically flashing the phone
    . After finish 100%, unplugged ur phone.
    . Don't turn on the phone yet... let straight to step B

B. Install custom kernel
    ========================

. With phone still power off, connect ur phone to pc, but with holding the menu key now (the right one).
    . If ur doing right, the led phone will turn blue and in the flashtool screen you will see that ur phone is in fastboot mode ( this is the mode u will often use if u wanna change different custom kernel).
    . Click flash button (lighting icon). Choose fastboot then ok. A menu will pop up, choose 'Select kernel to Flash'
    . Open ur desire custom kernel (file with this extension -> *.elf / *.img / *.sin ).
    . It will automatically install after u choose to open it.
    . Close it after finish

note :
    . Choose kernel that have recovery mode on it. ex: CWM (Clockwork Mod) or TWRP. (Mostly user is familiar with CWM)
    . In my case, i'm using Vengeance [ARC/S/PRO][1.32] kernel now. I choose Anzu, because my device is Arc. Also don't forget to download modules.zip, it's for wifi.
    . There are many good kernel available for arc/s user like Lupus, Rush, Adv. Stock Kernel, etc, choose what suit for you

C. Install custom rom
    ========================

. Turn on ur phone now then keep pressing volume down to enter CWM.
    . Standard operation before installing new rom :
    - wipe data/factory reset
    - wipe cache partition
    - mount and storage -> format /system
    - advanced -> wipe dalvik cache
    - advanced -> wipe battery stats
    . Now install zip from sdcard -> choose the UHD zip file, and follow the instruction in aroma. After finish don't reboot yet.
    . Unchecked the reboot in aroma, after finish, u will be back in cwm.
    . Now install the wifi modules first ( usually the custom kernel have their own wifi modules).
    . reboot system.
    . Finish

. Do the steps above, and u will not having bootloop.
    . No need to thinking about rooting, Ur device is already root now because mostly cusrom and cus-kernel now is pre-rooted.
    . After succesfully installing the UHD 3.02 Rom.. Better to check this Link : [SHARE] Collection some UHD 3.0.2 known problems n link solution / flashable.zip(CWM)

. Personally I usually never goes to step 1. Just because stuck on sony logo, i'm doing that just once :D
    This is just for beginner who want to clean wipe, and face a hardtime because stuck / bootloop.
    For me, just having stuck on sony logo, or other stuff, I'm just doing from step 3. Back again to cwm, and installed over...
    Hello everybody,
    This Thread is all about Xperia Ultimate HD.
    Its made for you to ask your own questions, and I'm going to try my best to anwser them.

Regards,
    Jader
    Hi there,
    I will upload 2.0.2 tomorrow and re-open the thread to hive you the chance to cool off. Note:
    I will ask the mod to look the thread, if anyone is spamming again. Thanks and enjoy weekend :good:
    Remeber I'm working free.
    Clever little boy :) You are my favorite ;)
    Haha :p
    Btw, peeps are lazy?
    I have maybe 40.000 DL of all version, peeps just never press "thanks"... Its free, it doesn't hurt as you said, and show me and others your appreciation...
    busy boxing ;)

Hi jader13254,

thanks for your reply...
    system/bin/busybox was a Backup
    HD™+ has the command set in /xbin
    That's good to know... it's just that many are not really aware of this important tool.
    Mixing different versions and location may cause additional confusion.

So if someone is interestet, here's what i did to clean up a little on my Xperia Pro running UHD 2.0.3:
    - remounted /system rw
    - removed /system/bin/busybox
    - removed /system/xbin/busybox
    - removed /system/xbin/sh (which in fact is another older busybox)
    - renamed /system/xbin/hd -> hd.bak
    - installed busybox 1.20.2r2 from Linus Yang (http://code.google.com/p/yangapp/downloads/detail?name=busybox-1.20.2r2)
    - made symbolic links in /system/xbin by calling busybox --install -s /system/xbin
    - removed symbolic link for hd
    - renamed /system/xbin/hd.bak -> hd (just for compatibility issues)
    - called sync
    - remount ro

This leads to:
    - PATH variable left untouched
    - sh command still uses mksh
    - all standard commands also included in stock ROM are still linked to /system/bin/toolbox
    - all additional commands are now linked to /system/xbin/busybox
    - any older releases of busybox are safely removed

The busybox from Linus Yang works very well and is a full featured alternative to the well know ones
    offering less commands in the free version.
    No issues so far... thanks for your attention ;)

Credits: Thanks goes out to Linus Yang for the nice and bug free busybox!

Cheers,

scholbert