HTC One verdict - tooooo small

Search This thread

mhoepfin

Jan 9, 2006
So I went by the Sprint store to look at the One. Way too small, wasn't even interested after picking it up.

-EViL-KoNCEPTz-

Nov 9, 2011
Tampa Bay area
Its a 4.7" screen almost an inch smaller than the Note II. Even the S IV with a 5" screen seems really small cuz the screen is tall and narrow so the device isn't much bigger than the S III, just a tiny bit taller. After having the Note II and actually being able to type comfortably on it I don't think I could use a smaller device now. I have a hard time using my wife's phone cuz I feel like I'm gonna drop it trying to type. If you think the One is too small don't even look at iPhone's I have to peck with 1 finger while holding it with my other hand when I use my boss' 4s it's just way too small for my thumbs to bend properly to type on :rolleyes: it honestly feels like it was designed for a child's hands.

☆SoA: Son's of Android™☆

I like to break stuff! :D
WLEWwgG.jpeg

Reactions: yaniel06

-EViL-KoNCEPTz-

Nov 9, 2011
Tampa Bay area
I refuse to use Hobbit Sized Phones. :sly:

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

My hands make the note II look small. People don't even realize its a note til I hand it to em and they realize its 3x the size of their iphone 4s and 2x the size of the 5. You can actually turn 3 4s sideways and lay them on the note2 and still see the top and bottom of the phone. The 3 screens together sideways are just about the same size as the note is in portrait.

WLEWwgG.jpeg

Reactions: guisar

BrianBaker

Dec 15, 2009
Apopka FL
It wasn't that bad and you get use to the size again.. I had the HTC One and actually prefer it over the Note 2..Unfortunately it didn't hold 4G well enough for me to consider keeping it.

I honestly think it's the other way around. It's not that the One is too small but the note is just too big.. Just my thoughts, they don't mean s***.

Sent from my Note II

mhoepfin

Jan 9, 2006
It wasn't that bad and you get use to the size again.. I had the HTC One and actually prefer it over the Note 2..Unfortunately it didn't hold 4G well enough for me to consider keeping it.

I honestly think it's the other way around. It's not that the One is too small but the note is just too big.. Just my thoughts, they don't mean s***.

Sent from my Note II

Some days I get aggravated by the size but there is no way I could go back, especially since I use the gn2 as my primary device at home.

BrianBaker

Dec 15, 2009
Apopka FL
Some days I get aggravated by the size but there is no way I could go back, especially since I use the gn2 as my primary device at home.

I thought the same thing.. But just like how the note doesn't seem big after a while the One doesn't feel very small after a few days.. I like having the SPen back too and the large screen was nice when I watched a movie on it again last night in bed. But the One sure was a joy to use for work(I'm a driver) I'm constantly answering calls and stuff on the road. But that damn 4G dropping to 3G killed it for me.. Granted it has to do more with the LTE coverage than the phone but my Note 2 does not have issues holding 4G in the same areas the one would drop it...

Either way all I'm saying is its not hard to go back to a smaller device. I thought it would be but you adapt to it..

Sent from my Note II

sweets55

May 25, 2009
I tried to make the htc one work for me til the note 3 but yea it's to small if you have big hands. Sucks that the menu thing takes up some of the screen and that the back button is on the left not to mention you have to tap on it 5x to work. Love the build quality and speakers though.

MiguelHogue

Jun 9, 2012
Washington,DC
Every phone is small now to me. Besides the note 2..I can operate my note one handed with three fingers holding the back.. And my thumb reaching every part of the screen. I rarely use my phone two handed unless I'm typing out a long email or text

-TeaM VeNuM Like A Boss :flipoff2:
-SoA: Son's of Android™

-EViL-KoNCEPTz-

Nov 9, 2011
Tampa Bay area
If you were my size (6'7" with hands that make a softball look like a baseball) you wouldn't want a child sized phone after having something comfortable to hold. Even before the note 2 my phone's were awkward and I always felt like I would drop them if they weren't in a huge case like an Otterbox or similar.

WLEWwgG.jpeg

chuckhriczko

Inactive Recognized Developer
I've had the HTC One X (Evo 4g LTE) since August. It was an amazing phone and was even thinking about upgrading to the one. Until I learned about the Note 2. I will never go back to HTC after using a Samsung number one. Number Two, the screen if the one is the same as the One x. No upgrade. HTC is really starting to feel like Apple without the quality.

Reactions: ac16313 and steezc

steezc

Jun 27, 2012
San Jose, CA
www.steezc.com
If you were my size (6'7" with hands that make a softball look like a baseball) you wouldn't want a child sized phone after having something comfortable to hold. Even before the note 2 my phone's were awkward and I always felt like I would drop them if they weren't in a huge case like an Otterbox or similar.

WLEWwgG.jpeg

haha! i just got a comment from my brother's friend that "you're the first asian guy that is under 6' with a note 2 lol" i'm only 5'4 rofl!

tuxonhtc

Oct 20, 2009

Sent from my Note II

My friend used an S4 and switched right back to Note II since he felt it was a tad too small for his liking after a week. And S4 is larger than the One.

And I personally find it much hard to use the tiny phones rather than the minor annoyances that you get from time to time using N2 one handed.

sweets55

May 25, 2009
I swapped my htc one out for a SG4. I don't even carry my note 2 with me when I'm at work. SG4 seems to be the right size for me and I don't have girly hands. hehe I have one more upgrade so will probably still get the note 3.

Reactions: ac16313

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Every phone is small now to me. Besides the note 2..I can operate my note one handed with three fingers holding the back.. And my thumb reaching every part of the screen. I rarely use my phone two handed unless I'm typing out a long email or text

-TeaM VeNuM Like A Boss :flipoff2:
    -SoA: Son's of Android™
    I've had the HTC One X (Evo 4g LTE) since August. It was an amazing phone and was even thinking about upgrading to the one. Until I learned about the Note 2. I will never go back to HTC after using a Samsung number one. Number Two, the screen if the one is the same as the One x. No upgrade. HTC is really starting to feel like Apple without the quality.
    Its a 4.7" screen almost an inch smaller than the Note II. Even the S IV with a 5" screen seems really small cuz the screen is tall and narrow so the device isn't much bigger than the S III, just a tiny bit taller. After having the Note II and actually being able to type comfortably on it I don't think I could use a smaller device now. I have a hard time using my wife's phone cuz I feel like I'm gonna drop it trying to type. If you think the One is too small don't even look at iPhone's I have to peck with 1 finger while holding it with my other hand when I use my boss' 4s it's just way too small for my thumbs to bend properly to type on :rolleyes: it honestly feels like it was designed for a child's hands.

WLEWwgG.jpeg

My hands make the note II look small. People don't even realize its a note til I hand it to em and they realize its 3x the size of their iphone 4s and 2x the size of the 5. You can actually turn 3 4s sideways and lay them on the note2 and still see the top and bottom of the phone. The 3 screens together sideways are just about the same size as the note is in portrait.

WLEWwgG.jpeg