[Q] LG G2 rooting

Search This thread

spyinfo

Mar 20, 2014
Hello all of you ,

Just to start , im newbie and just joined because i just moved from iOS to Android with new LG G2 model D802 which is not bad , anyways i cant sit tight without unlocking the full feature of software but its better to take advices from experienced users since i dont like to take risky steps ..... anyways i'm looking to root my phone if its possible and how to if anyone is willin to help of course :good:

full info about my device software :

android version : 4.2.2
baseband : m8974A-AAAANAZM-1.0.190036
version : 3.4.0
built number : JDQ39B
prog version : D80210F-EURO-xx

I guess that what you guys need to know .

Cheers

shimp208

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 25, 2011
Boston
Hello all of you ,

Just to start , im newbie and just joined because i just moved from iOS to Android with new LG G2 model D802 which is not bad , anyways i cant sit tight without unlocking the full feature of software but its better to take advices from experienced users since i dont like to take risky steps ..... anyways i'm looking to root my phone if its possible and how to if anyone is willin to help of course :good:

Cheers

First off welcome to XDA :)! To root your device I would recommend checking out this thread and downloading the root tool from the link in that thread. Make sure to follow the onscreen instructions of the bat file included in the root tool very carefully that you will use to root your phone. If you have any questions about anything involving the rooting process, or have any questions at all about Android customization of Android in general feel free to ask (You can PM me as well if you want).

Reactions: spyinfo

spyinfo

Mar 20, 2014
First off welcome to XDA :)! To root your device I would recommend checking out this thread and downloading the root tool from the link in that thread. Make sure to follow the onscreen instructions of the bat file included in the root tool very carefully that you will use to root your phone. If you have any questions about anything involving the rooting process, or have any questions at all about Android customization of Android in general feel free to ask (You can PM me as well if you want).

it says for 4.4.2 and i do have 4.2.2 and by the way , does it effect my bootrom ? because friend of mine warned me about rooting and told me that it will give me nothing as privilege

shimp208

Jan 25, 2011
Boston
it says for 4.4.2 and i do have 4.2.2 and by the way , does it effect my bootrom ? because friend of mine warned me about rooting and told me that it will give me nothing as privilege

The root procedure should still work with 4.2.2 but to be on the safe side I would recommend instead checking out this thread that will show you how to root your LG G2 (D802) with the shipping ROM (Android 4.2.2). Make sure to watch the video in that thread (At least) twice over that way you feel comfortable with the root procedure, and what is involved. As far as does it effect the bootrom which I take it you are referring to your devices stock ROM that is on the device. Rooting does not effect the stock ROM on your device it just gives you root file system access and superuser privileges (Root user, which is like administrator privileges on Windows), in the process of rooting your device the Superuser app and su binary will be installed this is what allows you to run root apps and other root tasks. If you still have questions let me know.

spyinfo

Mar 20, 2014
My phone is Rooted now thanks , any ideas or stuff you wanna share if you got any ? mods maybe dont mind me if im asking so much

shimp208

Jan 25, 2011
Boston
My phone is Rooted now thanks , any ideas or stuff you wanna share if you got any ? mods maybe dont mind me if im asking so much

Glad you got it rooted! The next step if you want to customize it further is to install a custom recovery image such as TWRP following the instructions in the thread. A custom recovery image will allow you to backup your stock ROM, flash custom ROMs, custom kernels and other MODs. For custom ROM's Cyanogenmod 11 for your device is a great custom ROM to start with lots of great customization options and performance tweaks. I would start with these and then I would check out the G2 D802 Android Development Section, if you want to customize further. Always happy to help people out, let me know how it goes :good:.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello all of you ,

Cheers