Insane battery problems

Search This thread

ExperimentalHDX

Jul 28, 2013
London
I don't know what's going on anymore. I've used countless different chargers and usb cables and they don't work (literally, they work with other phones, just not mine). I have cleaned the inside of the phone's charging port, nothing. I have got the port repaired at a shop, it did work, but not any more. My phone does not charge at an amperage higher than 100mA on any charger, it starts at 900mA then decreases in a matter of seconds. According to another battery monitor my phone is discharging at 15% an hour. This is crazy for me as I could get my phone to last 24+ hours on a single charge a few days ago (I use greenify). Also, my phone is always hot, according to GSam battery monitor and various other monitors, well over 50 degrees Celsius. I'm running the latest version of Resurrection Remix for the SGS3 (android 4.4.2). If any other information is required I'd me more than happy to provide it.

Thanks in advance :thumbup:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Free mobile app

AndroidNerdz

Apr 20, 2014
Sydney
battery faulty?

I don't know what's going on anymore. I've used countless different chargers and usb cables and they don't work (literally, they work with other phones, just not mine). I have cleaned the inside of the phone's charging port, nothing. I have got the port repaired at a shop, it did work, but not any more. My phone does not charge at an amperage higher than 100mA on any charger, it starts at 900mA then decreases in a matter of seconds. According to another battery monitor my phone is discharging at 15% an hour. This is crazy for me as I could get my phone to last 24+ hours on a single charge a few days ago (I use greenify). Also, my phone is always hot, according to GSam battery monitor and various other monitors, well over 50 degrees Celsius. I'm running the latest version of Resurrection Remix for the SGS3 (android 4.4.2). If any other information is required I'd me more than happy to provide it.

Thanks in advance :thumbup:

Hey, Tried replacing the battery?

AlmoGS

Jan 13, 2014
I had similar problem and I replaced the battery and now my phone last 24h in really heavy use and 48h in regular use.

boomboomer

Jun 30, 2010
Only if sold by amazon themselves, any from sellers are likely to be fake.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

boomboomer

Jun 30, 2010
Ok, thank you. As for the phone charging only when the charger is in a certain position/ not charging at all, I suppose I'll have to live with that?

If you mean moving the usb plug around causes the charging to stop then that is the usb socket damaged, if the same with several chargers/leads.

Replace the battery first, they last a year at best.

ExperimentalHDX

Jul 28, 2013
London
If you mean moving the usb plug around causes the charging to stop then that is the usb socket damaged, if the same with several chargers/leads.

Replace the battery first, they last a year at best.

Yup, I definitely know the socket is damaged, paid £20, got it fixed, worked for a while. I'll pay the guy a visit in the next few days. As for the battery, I'll replace it because 50 degrees Celsius in my hands doesn't feel pleasant. I've been looking around on Amazon, but I can't find any sold by Amazon themselves as instructed.

RazorMC

Feb 12, 2011
SiN CiTY
Yup, I definitely know the socket is damaged, paid £20, got it fixed, worked for a while. I'll pay the guy a visit in the next few days. As for the battery, I'll replace it because 50 degrees Celsius in my hands doesn't feel pleasant. I've been looking around on Amazon, but I can't find any sold by Amazon themselves as instructed.

You can also visit a local mobile store that sells genuine goods and buy a battery.

If the port got damaged too soon, then maybe the guy didn't repair it properly.

ExperimentalHDX

Jul 28, 2013
London
You can also visit a local mobile store that sells genuine goods and buy a battery.

If the port got damaged too soon, then maybe the guy didn't repair it properly.

Ah ok, I have a few stores in mind, I'll do that then.

When I bring my phone back to him I hope he does repair it properly, issues I've been having have caused so much disruption.

On a side note, I put my phone to charge and it started off at 1000mA, within a few minutes it went down to 800mA, a few seconds later (basically as I've been writing this message it's gone down to 300mA... Is this normal? I only started using a current monitoring app since my problems started, so the currents I was getting before prior to the issues are unknown.

EDIT: Nope. Not normal. Charger connected: 100mA. Phone is discharging at 1% every few minutes & feels like it's about to spontaneously combust.

Last edited:

RazorMC

Feb 12, 2011
SiN CiTY
Ah ok, I have a few stores in mind, I'll do that then.

When I bring my phone back to him I hope he does repair it properly, issues I've been having have caused so much disruption.

On a side note, I put my phone to charge and it started off at 1000mA, within a few minutes it went down to 800mA, a few seconds later (basically as I've been writing this message it's gone down to 300mA... Is this normal? I only started using a current monitoring app since my problems started, so the currents I was getting before prior to the issues are unknown.

EDIT: Nope. Not normal. Charger connected: 100mA. Phone is discharging at 1% every few minutes & feels like it's about to spontaneously combust.

Battery's definitely gone mate.

If your phone supports NFC, you can use that to check if the battery's genuine or not. Original replacements have embedded NFC.

sseennoonn

May 23, 2014
only drop in mAh was when i buyed 2 m cable from ebay (dont do that) for charging ..and it didn't work ...but now i bought hama 1.8m cable and it works flawlessly....i use galaxy current to see how many mAh phone gets but ...you sould definetly buy a new battery ...it could damage your phone

ExperimentalHDX

Jul 28, 2013
London
Battery's definitely gone mate.

If your phone supports NFC, you can use that to check if the battery's genuine or not. Original replacements have embedded NFC.

Ah, that's handy. I'll look around for some genuine batteries and then use the NFC to double check.

only drop in mAh was when i buyed 2 m cable from ebay (dont do that) for charging ..and it didn't work ...but now i bought hama 1.8m cable and it works flawlessly....i use galaxy current to see how many mAh phone gets but ...you sould definetly buy a new battery ...it could damage your phone

Yeah I will do. I just need to find one.

Amir4Life

Mar 9, 2011
ben arous
Stweaks tweak might help

Hey OP, if you're on a custom ROM, i used to have same issues, the mA changes a lot, i had this STweaks App, it supports my kernel, i went to that MISC tab and checked box : Ignore unstable power sources; since then , i'm always on 1000 mA on wall and 899 mA on USB. Give it a try GL ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: ExperimentalHDX

ExperimentalHDX

Jul 28, 2013
London
Hey OP, if you're on a custom ROM, i used to have same issues, the mA changes a lot, i had this STweaks App, it supports my kernel, i went to that MISC tab and checked box : Ignore unstable power sources; since then , i'm always on 1000 mA on wall and 899 mA on USB. Give it a try GL ;)

Yeah I'm using Resurrection Remix, I'm going to try that right now. I hope it works! :D

EDIT: It doesn't support my kernel :(

Last edited:

ExperimentalHDX

Jul 28, 2013
London

IT WORKS! Finally! I can charge my phone and use it again! I'm still going to get a new battery as my phone is still extremely hot. I downloaded the latest version of googymax2, backed up my phone, flashed it, done what I had to do in the misc section and here I am with a rock solid 1000mA.

I'm very grateful for the replies in this thread, much appreciated, thanks a lot guys!

You need googymax2 kernel or boeffla.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Stweaks tweak might help

Yeah I'm using Resurrection Remix, I'm going to try that right now. I hope it works! :D

EDIT: It doesn't support my kernel :(

You need googymax2 kernel or boeffla.