o2 uk users to europe unbranded mango guide

Search This thread

daryld

Sep 24, 2009
belfast
hi i recently came across the new RUU_Schubert_S_HTC_Europe_4.05.401.02_Radio_5.69.09.29a_22.50.50.21_Signed_SCHUBERT_RELEASE rom which is the europe unbranded mango rom i successfully flashed my o2 uk rom to this update without using any of the hspl flashing techniques so this way will remain updateable even through zune so here goes

Step 1- download this rom http://www39.multiupload.com:81/fil..._5.52.09.16_22.33a.50.10U_Signed_by_ansar.zip

Step 2- extract this rom 2 a folder and name it something like update part 1

Step 3-download this file http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo.../ModelID.fig&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13155707623901

Step 4- download this mango rom http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo..._RELEASE.exe&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13155708495051

Step 5 extract the rom you downloaded in step 4 to a folder named update part 2 then drag the modeid file you downloaded in step 3 into your update part 2 folder

Step 6 flash your phone using the romupdateutility exe file in your 1st update folder at the end of this u will receive an error 270 dont panic as this is supposed to happen

Step 7 now time to flash again go to your update part 2 folder this time and click on the romupdateutility exe file and allow it to flash at the end of this you will have a fully unbranded mango 2 rom on your phone with all the updated radios

would also like to think ansar and petbede as parts of there discoveries was used in this guide hope this helps :)

swanny78

Mar 8, 2011
Trying now, it worked for me to go to NoDo thnks to Petbed. I tried the oter methods to get Mango Final on mine by kept saying invalid vender ID so here goes....

Jragar

Feb 10, 2010
hi guys! quick question - the 2nd one is an application, so where does it extract to? I cant find a way - unless I need a rom extraction utility?

daryld

Sep 24, 2009
belfast
hi jragar if you have winrar just right clight on it and click open wif winrar it will show you all the files then drag them 2 a new folder hope this helps

Jragar

Feb 10, 2010
how strange, now I get device not found error 260.

May try rebooting laptop

daryld

Sep 24, 2009
belfast
r u sure u r putting ur phone in bootloader mode u need to do this before flashing and u can do this by turning ur phone completely off then holding the the volume down button only while pressing the power button on u shud see a tricolour screen then when you go to flash it should recognise ur phone let me know if this helps

Perlnx

Dec 10, 2010
Bangkok
There may be a misunderstanding occurred.

Try to rename filename and extension from "ModelID.fig" to "ModelID.bmp" (quote not include).

You will see a real file of ModelID.fig..
It's just image not hardware id.

The real hardware id was specific into the Rom in the offset 0x0220.

gfreek

Apr 4, 2005
I guess doing this way you lose all your side-loaded apps including chevron unlock?

G

GuestD0907

Future Updates?

Does this allow standard updating via Zune? Or will we have to put on the original mango carrier roms when and if they become available?

WasStoNed

Dec 7, 2007
I followed this and it worked a treat top post

only problem I have is some of my app purchases seem to be lost.....e.g. I paid for PES2011 and now it shows up with the BUY which I am reluctant to click in case I pay twice....any ideas?

liam12189

Apr 28, 2009
UK
I can't find the Modeid file?
When I open up the file in step 3 the files in there are as follows:
RomUpdateutility.exe
Enterbootloader.exe
RUUgetinfo.exe
Rapitool.exe
RUUresource.dll
Readme.doc
RUU_signed.nbh
SPL_Signed.nbh
Enterusb.fig
Enterbattery.fg
Romupdateutlity.cfg

Thanks

EDIT: Sorry ignore my post, about 10 seconds after posting my computer decided to work so got it now thanks :)

Last edited:

lumpaywk

Mar 30, 2010
Portsmouth/Gosport
I followed this and it worked a treat top post

only problem I have is some of my app purchases seem to be lost.....e.g. I paid for PES2011 and now it shows up with the BUY which I am reluctant to click in case I pay twice....any ideas?

Its fine just click buy and it says its already purchased and then download. The real pain is as you would expect flashing the rom you wont have any saved games but its a small price to pay. Your xbox achievements remain

swanny78

Mar 8, 2011
bing voice stopped working

Guys I now have an issue using Bing voice and speaking and out loud. Keeps saying server not available right now...or words to that effect. Any ideas?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hi i recently came across the new RUU_Schubert_S_HTC_Europe_4.05.401.02_Radio_5.69.09.29a_22.50.50.21_Signed_SCHUBERT_RELEASE rom which is the europe unbranded mango rom i successfully flashed my o2 uk rom to this update without using any of the hspl flashing techniques so this way will remain updateable even through zune so here goes

Step 1- download this rom http://www39.multiupload.com:81/fil..._5.52.09.16_22.33a.50.10U_Signed_by_ansar.zip

Step 2- extract this rom 2 a folder and name it something like update part 1

Step 3-download this file http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo.../ModelID.fig&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13155707623901

Step 4- download this mango rom http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo..._RELEASE.exe&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13155708495051

Step 5 extract the rom you downloaded in step 4 to a folder named update part 2 then drag the modeid file you downloaded in step 3 into your update part 2 folder

Step 6 flash your phone using the romupdateutility exe file in your 1st update folder at the end of this u will receive an error 270 dont panic as this is supposed to happen

Step 7 now time to flash again go to your update part 2 folder this time and click on the romupdateutility exe file and allow it to flash at the end of this you will have a fully unbranded mango 2 rom on your phone with all the updated radios

would also like to think ansar and petbede as parts of there discoveries was used in this guide hope this helps :)