Android Vogue port Help desk

Search This thread

Drumcoded

Feb 17, 2009
I'm having issues with Togga not being able to connect after a few hours/days. I leave my data connection on as it doesnt seem to drain the battery too much. After a while, though (usually overnight or after sleeping for a long time) togga will disconnect. Occaisionally, it will not reconnect at all until I reboot. Just wondering if this is a common issue.

I think it may have to do with the charger, I've noticed it generally happens one I've connected it to my comp via USB and I disconnect it. I'll have to check and see if the same thing happens when I use the wall charger.

Kmo

Feb 18, 2009
hey drum coded i dont know if its the usb thing but i have the same togga problem. i left it on last night while it was charging (wall charger) and i woke up this morning and it wouldnt connect at all, even after i reset and tried it in windows mobile. i wonder if thats androids fault? or telus'?

Drumcoded

Feb 17, 2009
hey drum coded i dont know if its the usb thing but i have the same togga problem. i left it on last night while it was charging (wall charger) and i woke up this morning and it wouldnt connect at all, even after i reset and tried it in windows mobile. i wonder if thats androids fault? or telus'?

I'm thinking Telus, as apparently you need to have an EVDO connection up. I've noticed I keep switching to CDMA1X which causes my data connection to drop. Possible network issues?

EDIT: as an FYI the user ID and password for Telus data is:
UID = <10 digit phone number>@1x.telusmobility.com
P/W = <serial number of the handset>

Last edited:

zapat0s

Dec 14, 2008
I dont know if this has been covered or not but it seems that the screen celebration settings are not saved. So i end up having to calibrate the screen every time i start android. Is there a way to make them save or will i just have to live with it?

jsun21

Dec 30, 2007
sd card

I've been scouring the thread about Android on the Vogue, and I can't seem to find a definitive answer; does the Vogue currently recognize SD cards, and if so, how do I enable that?

Drumcoded

Feb 17, 2009
I've been scouring the thread about Android on the Vogue, and I can't seem to find a definitive answer; does the Vogue currently recognize SD cards, and if so, how do I enable that?

Try OIfilemanager from here
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=469368

The best I can tell is it recognizes the SD card however there's no built in file system navigation in android and you have to use a 3rd party app.

joepicco

Feb 23, 2009
pword

Just loaded this onto my Sprint Touch and it works great (after fooling with a bad SD card). My only other stumbling block was getting logged into the data network. Turns out that I couldn't leave the username null -- in default.txt I had to specify

set cmdline "ppp.username=3525551212@sprint.com"

Replace "3525551212" with your cell phone# (starting w/ area code). I'm in the US.

-david

but what is the password dude?

itsallsubliminal

Nov 20, 2007
USB/Charging Drops Data

I think it may have to do with the charger, I've noticed it generally happens one I've connected it to my comp via USB and I disconnect it. I'll have to check and see if the same thing happens when I use the wall charger.

I'm getting this same issue when plugging into a wall over night only...

Through the computer usb, my past phones have always tried to use the computers data rather than the cellular network, its probably something to do with the way the usb is incoporated into the chip of the phone. Not being connected after unplugging is understandable, but you guys aren't able to create another connection with Togga without restarting? hmmm..
It could also be just a long idle issue... i wonder if you create a connection, but don't use it ALL day, maybe it might just drop the connection? Hard for me to test, cuz i'm using data ALL the time lol

fletch259

Mar 14, 2006
On Screen Keyboard Calibration

I'm having a hard time getting the keyboard to calibrate. Using DZO's latest 1.1 build and it doesn't want to cooperate. I hit the camera button to bring up onscreen keyboard and tap opposite corners, but it doesn't take. BTW, this has never worked for me in any previous builds either. Anyone have any hints on how to calibrate this thing? Do I have to keep the camera button pressed the whole time while tapping the corners? Which corners do I tap? Thanks for any help.

Komofu

Mar 13, 2008
Marketplace and Camera

I am having trouble downloading any apps from the marketplace. It says Starting Download but it never goes. Also when I go to the camera it says no SD Card. How do you use the camera?

Thanks

dnessl

Jan 27, 2009
Working great w/ android-1.1-27-02-09.zip

I've gotten authenticated to my Google Apps account, so Calendar and Contacts at are now sync'd, and the Gmail app sees my email. Market works for me just fine (and subsequent auto-install of apps I select). I also installed Astrid for tasks, then dumped my (900+) tasks into a CSV from Outlook, enrolled in Remember The Milk (RTM), then wrote some awk and shell script to load the tasks into RTM via emails. Now Astrid sees (and syncs) tasks in RTM. I will do the same for my several dozen Outlook Notes (a/k/a memos), i.e. load them into RTM with as a List called Memos.

As far as I'm concerned, I will stay booted into Android from now on, as it meets all my PIM needs. Many, many thanks to the developers!

I have come across a couple niggling problems:

(1) Timezone: Android doesn't get the timezone automatically from Sprint, so it assume you are in GMT. Which means calendar entries sync'd from Google are off (by 5 hours for me in US Eastern timezone). The only way to set the timezone is to (a) turn off automatic time sync, and (b) manually set the timezone, and (c) manually change the hour.

(2) My screen calibration is just a little off -- not so much that it is unusable, but enough to be annoying to use the keyboard. I've seen posts about touching the 4 corners to recalibrate, but that doesn't seem to work (I just end up selecting things). What am I doing wrong?

Many thanks again to DZO.
-david

jsun21

Dec 30, 2007
(1) Timezone: Android doesn't get the timezone automatically from Sprint, so it assume you are in GMT. Which means calendar entries sync'd from Google are off (by 5 hours for me in US Eastern timezone). The only way to set the timezone is to (a) turn off automatic time sync, and (b) manually set the timezone, and (c) manually change the hour.

You can change the timezone in WM6.1 to GMT, which corrects the problem.

harminoff

Mar 3, 2009
When I use 1.1 and the screen shuts off, I turn it back on and the screen is all out of whack. I just formated the card, reinstalled and same issue. I installed cupcake and that doesn't have the issue. Am I missing something here?

katmandu421

Sep 8, 2008
Denver
(2) My screen calibration is just a little off -- not so much that it is unusable, but enough to be annoying to use the keyboard. I've seen posts about touching the 4 corners to recalibrate, but that doesn't seem to work (I just end up selecting things). What am I doing wrong?

Many thanks again to DZO.
-david

Order of operations matters for this.

- From the home screen (not sure if it is necessary, but helps to keep things standard) launch teh keyboard by hitting the cam button
- then press and hold the red end button until you get the power off dialog
- with the stylus, firmly tap the top righ and bottom left corners
- hit the cam button again to get rid of the keyboard, the power off dialog should still be up
- hit volume up for the "back" to get rid of the power off dialog

I've noticed that if you get rid of the power off dialog before closing the keyboard the calibration doesnt stick. Hope this helps.