[01 DEC 09] TUTORIAL: How I cook ROMs for XPERIA + all my kitchens, tips and tricks

Search This thread

JKingDev

Nov 3, 2006
I was successfuly able to build a ROM using the XIP ans SYS you provided. Thank you so much. One question, is there somewhere I can download all the missing wav sounds? IE loudest.wav, infbeg.wav, ect? I did search the forum and google but could not find. Thanks!

gtrab

Aug 10, 2007
America
I was successfuly able to build a ROM using the XIP ans SYS you provided. Thank you so much. One question, is there somewhere I can download all the missing wav sounds? IE loudest.wav, infbeg.wav, ect? I did search the forum and google but could not find. Thanks!

I omitted most of the ringtones

Will update it later

Angelusz

Nov 16, 2008
Nijmegen
Very nice guide! Definately going to check it out when it's done.

May I suggest adding a post completely dedicated to tips & tricks from experienced cooks, like Itje's post. Can really help the novices out!

Vote for sticky!

songoku1

Dec 16, 2008
hii guys, thank's for this tutorial! it's very usefull.

now i'm trying to disable and remove
microsoft error reporting
customer feedback
windows update
streaming media

but i can't find them, expecially the first two!
i don't know how to disable them too!

please can you help me?

thanks in advance

kluks

Feb 14, 2009
hii guys, thank's for this tutorial! it's very usefull.

now i'm trying to disable and remove
microsoft error reporting
customer feedback
windows update
streaming media

but i can't find them, expecially the first two!
i don't know how to disable them too!

please can you help me?

thanks in advance

there are some solutions for the first two, search for:
no2chem_dummycustsat.

I have not tried personally

meX1cAn

Mar 8, 2009
this is what i was looking for some time ago, i've tried diferent stuff, but this is all together i want to cook roms in spanish latam, but that stuff gets very late, but i can try with this, and when the right roms get out i can start cooking in spanish when the stuff arrives maybe 2010 =D hehehe. thanx and keep the good work for all Xperinced cookers. i just made me a r2 cleaned latam rom, its plain and bored XD, but it works good,i included some R3 stuff, like the camera and panel manager, but i fell like i'm missing something.

gtrab

Aug 10, 2007
America
this is what i was looking for some time ago, i've tried diferent stuff, but this is all together i want to cook roms in spanish latam, but that stuff gets very late, but i can try with this, and when the right roms get out i can start cooking in spanish when the stuff arrives maybe 2010 =D hehehe. thanx and keep the good work for all Xperinced cookers. i just made me a r2 cleaned latam rom, its plain and bored XD, but it works good,i included some R3 stuff, like the camera and panel manager, but i fell like i'm missing something.

I cooked my own latinamerian ROM 3 months ago, but as you said before, translations always come later ... :(

It was called "LATIN SEX1" :D :D (really) :p but I never released since the first WM6.5 ROMs started to leak @ PPCgeeks, o I jumped to english cookin'

You bet I will do someting when I put my hands on a spanish version

;)

whatsucka

Mar 28, 2009
i dont understand how to edit or create a customization pack... for example i unpacked ur "SEX1_W4X_ROM_customization_Pack_v2.cab" i get 6 files in there, i understand wats the xml for but da other 5 i have no idea wat it do, n how to edit it...
i want to create a cab file dat will install programs i grouped together...
for example:
create a cab dat will auto install google maps, tomtom7, fish panel and opera mini
how can i do dat??

songoku1

Dec 16, 2008
there are some solutions for the first two, search for:
no2chem_dummycustsat.

I have not tried personally

hii I have downloaded the dummycustat pack but I don't know where to insert it! can u help me?

and about windows update and streaming media?

gtrab can u help???
please...

Typako

Nov 22, 2007
@gtrab
I just want to say a huge THANKS for your excelent job and, the big effort, the possitive atitude and the sharing spirit.
I wish we had more of you!

I have tested both your released ROMs and they rock.
I really hope you share your Frankestain kitchen with us. If you do so, I will mess a bit with it, using my non-existing cooking/developing skill, in order to try removing panel-namager and panels.

gtrab

Aug 10, 2007
America
i dont understand how to edit or create a customization pack... for example i unpacked ur "SEX1_W4X_ROM_customization_Pack_v2.cab" i get 6 files in there, i understand wats the xml for but da other 5 i have no idea wat it do, n how to edit it...
i want to create a cab file dat will install programs i grouped together...
for example:
create a cab dat will auto install google maps, tomtom7, fish panel and opera mini
how can i do dat??

WinRAR will only "show" the guts of the CAB

You need a CAB editor (wince CAB manager 30 day free trial is a good one)
to add - remove files, modifiy / manage the CAB

Feel free to use it as a base for your own custom CABs, but If you add YOUR content, remove my name from there

jackleung

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 10, 2005
USA
hii I have downloaded the dummycustat pack but I don't know where to insert it! can u help me?

and about windows update and streaming media?

gtrab can u help???
please...
I think you better give up cooking if you don't dare to spend a little time to search for answer, since you will encounter a lot more questions and no one will hold your hands and tell you how to do one by one. Your question are simply the first few hit if you google "remove customer feedback xda"

okokur

Jun 26, 2007
change

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sounds\RingTone0]
"Script"="av0pw3r"
"Sound"="\\Windows\\Rings\\Sony Ericsson.mp3"
"Category"="Ring"

to

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sounds\RingTone0]
"Script"="av1pw3r"
"Sound"="\\Windows\\Rings\\Sony Ericsson.mp3"
"Category"="Ring"

otherwise the vibration will not stop. the 0 (zero) means vibration for infinite.

agent_47

Jan 7, 2009
GÖTEBORG
ok...1st thing 1st....excellent thread. u are the man gtrab. some of the threads that u made in x1 section is just amazing...u deserve to be in the hall of fame :D

now. i no i m no cook....m just curious boy who like experimenting...so i decided to give it a shot...but i ran into a brick wall :S
i used jerpelea kitchen 04 and dumped ur xip and sys there. for OEM i used all of topaz stuff along with some small apps i use. i decided not to make any changes in any regi or file operation stuff. image is created fine with no errors or anything. flashes fine but after starting x1, i get stuck in SE bootscreen......any idea y??

thnx

gtrab

Aug 10, 2007
America
ok...1st thing 1st....excellent thread. u are the man gtrab. some of the threads that u made in x1 section is just amazing...u deserve to be in the hall of fame :D

now. i no i m no cook....m just curious boy who like experimenting...so i decided to give it a shot...but i ran into a brick wall :S
i used jerpelea kitchen 04 and dumped ur xip and sys there. for OEM i used all of topaz stuff along with some small apps i use. i decided not to make any changes in any regi or file operation stuff. image is created fine with no errors or anything. flashes fine but after starting x1, i get stuck in SE bootscreen......any idea y??

thnx

first, I LOVE your avatar ;)

second, let me tell ya I HAVE NO IDEA :p

I will upload the complete kitcen tomorrow, my f#ck1nk internet connection has been in and out for days !!! PROMESS I will upload it tomorrow

Enjoy !! :)