[Q] NFC Icon Missing from Statusbar

Search This thread

hidea

Oct 28, 2007
Hong Kong
OnePlus 12
Hey guys,

I've been trying to figure out why the NFC icon is missing from the status bar. NFC is turned on in Settings and Quick Settings; but the icon isn't present on the statusbar.

I checked NFC, and it worked when I tried to pair my SmartBand and my M8.

I haven't tried restoring the phone, but I have serious doubts that would fix (this is the last resort).

Any suggestion so far?

I'm unrooted, and I haven't unlock my bootloader.

hpl912

Nov 5, 2010
Hey guys,

I've been trying to figure out why the NFC icon is missing from the status bar. NFC is turned on in Settings and Quick Settings; but the icon isn't present on the statusbar.

I haven't tried restoring the phone, but I have serious doubts that would fix (this is the last resort).

Any suggestion so far?

go to settings > personalization > quick settings

see if the NFC icon is checked?

edit: oops.. just seen you went to check on quick settings, then i got no idea :( sorry maybe restart the phone?

Last edited:
Reactions: hidea

defsix

Aug 18, 2011
Sony Xperia 1 III
Hey guys,

Any suggestion so far?

Certain versions of FW don't display the NFC icon by default even though its activated.

You have 2 options;

Flash a FW with the NFC icon displayed, or

Root the phone and modify the buildprop to show the NFC icon.

Reactions: hidea

hidea

Oct 28, 2007
Hong Kong
OnePlus 12
Certain versions of FW don't display the NFC icon by default even though its activated.

You have 2 options;

Thank you for the answer! Unfortunately, me being impatient… I wasted time flashing another firmware. Oh well, not all is lost… only time!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys,

Any suggestion so far?

go to settings > personalization > quick settings

see if the NFC icon is checked?

edit: oops.. just seen you went to check on quick settings, then i got no idea :( sorry maybe restart the phone?
    Have you accidently pressed "hide NFC icon" in the settings?
    Never mind you can't hide NFC.
    Hey guys,

Any suggestion so far?

You have 2 options;