Search This thread

sensorama

Sep 27, 2007
Hello partyppl.

Quick specs are
quote modaco post:
"Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional
Qualcomm 7201A processor @ 528MHz
512MB ROM / 256MB RAM (+32MB on processor)
WVGA

115mm x 62.8mm x 12mm
'In stores for Santa'
GPS / HSDPA etc. etc.
5 Megapixel camera (no flash)"

Enjoy the pictures.

Attachments

• TouchHD1.jpg
    TouchHD1.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 3,769
  • TouchHD2.jpg
    TouchHD2.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 2,238
  • TouchHD3.jpg
    TouchHD3.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 2,161
Last edited:

Lokioki

Apr 26, 2008
Finaly, Htc made their own big touch-screen, sure beats iPhone and Xperia (3.5 and 3.0):333

Tech and Os specs would be great !

nemets

Mar 8, 2007
I am using Hermes (AT&T). Was very tempted to get Kaiser. And I've been saving money for Touch Pro.... I really hope they will make Touch HD Pro with a slide-out keyboard and normal audio jack (not a mini-USB).

P.S. iPhone sucks!

Lokioki

Apr 26, 2008
I so want that, I posted earlier and now when I`ve seen specs etc. it looks promising.

I might upgrade my Kaiser to that when time comes :)

halorin

Aug 9, 2007
As nice as the phone looks to be, I can't help but say I'm disappointed in HTC. I feel they are oversaturating the market with products and not allowing any one phone to have some sort of longevitiy. This phone makes the Diamond the new Touch Cruise and the Touch Cruise the new Touch. Over time people will realize that if you wait a few months something much better is going to come out from HTC, so you may as well wait for it.

This is really shocking to see so soon after the Diamond, which really hasn't even had a chance to peak in the market if you ask me. Any potential sale they were going to have with the Diamond is probably gone now. HTC needs to consolidate their offerings to put out better spec'd equipment and to give people their money's worth.

But still, nice phone.

EliteXen

May 24, 2006
Washington DC
As nice as the phone looks to be, I can't help but say I'm disappointed in HTC. I feel they are oversaturating the market with products and not allowing any one phone to have some sort of longevitiy. This phone makes the Diamond the new Touch Cruise and the Touch Cruise the new Touch. Over time people will realize that if you wait a few months something much better is going to come out from HTC, so you may as well wait for it.

This is really shocking to see so soon after the Diamond, which really hasn't even had a chance to peak in the market if you ask me. Any potential sale they were going to have with the Diamond is probably gone now. HTC needs to consolidate their offerings to put out better spec'd equipment and to give people their money's worth.

But still, nice phone.

I kinda feel the same way. I was just getting ready to upgrade my Sprint Touch for the soon to be released Touch Diamond, but then I see this which is just about perfect for my needs.

I'll probably still get the Touch Diamond for now and plan to upgrade next in 2009 to a WM7 device, well unless this gets a capacitive touchscreen then it'll have to be mine.

Noonski

Inactive Recognized Developer / Moderator Emeritus
Apr 18, 2005
Amsterdam
noonski.nl
I kinda feel the same way. I was just getting ready to upgrade my Sprint Touch for the soon to be released Touch Diamond, but then I see this which is just about perfect for my needs.

I'll probably still get the Touch Diamond for now and plan to upgrade next in 2009 to a WM7 device, well unless this gets a capacitive touchscreen then it'll have to be mine.

Notice how the baby does not have a joystick?

How are you going to Scroll Zoom without that Capacitive JoyPad?

Not to start the Rumour Mill or anything but..... Maybe you should be a nice boy so Santa takes good care of you ;)

Just let me dream a bit here.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    although being a proud owner of this device, i actually wouldn't advise you to buy it.
    1. 210$ is too much. have a look at ebay, here they go for 90-180eur depending on their condition and accessories. i guess that the same goes for your country,
    2. android is still not a windows mobile replacement. currently, it can only be installed to the sd card, runs relatively slow and not all the hardware works.
    3. there are new and better android devices coming out every month, so newer android versions and apps will soon require stronger hardware, and the blackstone is very slow as it is and couldn't keep up with that.
    4. the same goes for windows mobile. while the stock rom of winmo 6.1 with touchflo3d 1.3 runs pretty fast, winmo 6.5 or newer with newer versions of manila or sense are not very fast. also, most wvga apps for winmo are made for the hd2 and require a faster cpu.
    5. there is almost no more app development for winmo apart from this community and even microsoft dropped their support (marketplace and myphone).

it is a nice phone as it is but don't expect it to be future proof