[PREVIEW] Virtuous Ten Studio - The next level of apk editing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Fr4gg0r

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 4, 2010
well method collapsing would make the smali editor better than plain gedit..

lawsonmh15

Nov 13, 2010
Vaelek pointed me to this and can't wait to take a crack at it. App submitted. Can't wait.

What are the odds of porting to Linux?

Diamondback

Retired Dev Committee Lead / Retired Senior Mod
Jan 17, 2010
virtuous-ten-studio.com
Vaelek pointed me to this and can't wait to take a crack at it. App submitted. Can't wait.

What are the odds of porting to Linux?

well unfortunately .net isn't as platform independed as it is supposed to be.
My app heavily uses WinSpecific things, so porting the APP to linux won't be too easy (and i have NO experience with linux).

eboelzner

Retired Recognized Developer
May 19, 2008
Manchester
OnePlus 10 Pro
I would like the opportunity to assist in writting the new m10 encoder/decoder. I have 20+ years development experience using C, C+, C++, C#, VB, Java, etc... and have reverse engineered file formats many times. I have been a smart phone user and developer since day one... take a look at the Sense SDK I authored for WinMobile/CE... (link in my signature) Let me know if I can help... Ed

BTW: I also use a HTC Thunderbolt currently running BAMF Soab 1.04 (Sense 3.5)

Diamondback

Jan 17, 2010
virtuous-ten-studio.com
I would like the opportunity to assist in writting the new m10 encoder/decoder. I have 20+ years development experience using C, C+, C++, C#, VB, Java, etc... and have reverse engineered file formats many times. I have been a smart phone user and developer since day one... take a look at the Sense SDK I authored for WinMobile/CE... (link in my signature) Let me know if I can help... Ed

BTW: I also use a HTC Thunderbolt currently running BAMF Soab 1.04 (Sense 3.5)

Aha, here you are ;)
come to #m10tools on freenode :)

Reactions: nick1313

Nieylana

May 2, 2010
Port to Linux

hey,

I see you mentioned this program is written in .NET, I recently created an MIUI Layout Manager in C# (http://forums.miui.us/showthread.php?11910-MIUI-Layout-Manager) and had requests to port to linux. I had to make very few changes to the source (namely changing \ to / and adb.exe to just adb)

I wanted to extend an offer for when the time comes to make it work on Linux with the Mono Framework. I cannot be certain it will work until I try, however the guys over at mono have done a damn good job and most .net things are supported. so let me know :)

you can also find be on freenode #miui-us as Nieylana

Take Care and Great Job!

Reactions: nick1313

Diamondback

Jan 17, 2010
virtuous-ten-studio.com
hey,

I see you mentioned this program is written in .NET, I recently created an MIUI Layout Manager in C# (http://forums.miui.us/showthread.php?11910-MIUI-Layout-Manager) and had requests to port to linux. I had to make very few changes to the source (namely changing \ to / and adb.exe to just adb)

I wanted to extend an offer for when the time comes to make it work on Linux with the Mono Framework. I cannot be certain it will work until I try, however the guys over at mono have done a damn good job and most .net things are supported. so let me know :)

you can also find be on freenode #miui-us as Nieylana

Take Care and Great Job!

Oh nice :) I'll come back to you :)

lawsonmh15

Nov 13, 2010
I'll be tearing in to this throughout the night. If there are problems with theme chooser themes, you'll know tomorrow. Also would it be possible to interest Jim's script?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello guys,

I'd like to introduce Virtuous Ten Studio (VTS), the newest tool for editing your favorite APKs.

The tool consists of two main components:
    • The Smali editor
    • The M10 editor

The Smali editor

For most people working with smali isn't as easy as "real" source code because smali is usually a giant wall of text that makes syntax highlighting absolutely necessary.
    I came up with methods to make development much easier. These methods include:
    • Syntax highlightning
    • A way to analyze the source code could help with navigating in the file
      • We need a way to navigate to specific methods quickly
      • Same goes for variables
    • And also the ease of use of existing tools. While some developers may prefer working with command line,
      there are still quite a few that like a nice and clean UI more.
      I have a solution for those that like a cleaner UI:
      • Integrated ApkTool
      • Integrated SignTool
      • Integrated Zipalign
      • Integrated ADB
    • You only need one tool instead of four

The M10 editor

Those of you, who are familar with Sense 3.0+ ROMs may already know the "M10Tools" created by Flemmard and I.

Virtuous Ten Studio is the next level of editing and theming M10 files.
    It's not only way easier and better to understand, but it also adds a bunch of new features. This includes:
    • Editing the source xml file directly via inbuild texteditor
    • Improved XML layout for better readability
    • Deep integration of image decoder
    • Type sensitiv M10 containers (TextLabel, DynamicImage, Hitbox,...)
    • Syntax checker for xml editing
    • many more

Virtuous Ten Studio

Both the smali and the m10 editing parts alone would be great, but I raised this to a whole new level.
    Both parts are put together in a never before seen and unique application featuring a rich user interface and a productive workflow.

The basic workflow looks like the following:
    1. Create a new project file
    2. Import an APK to that project
      • The APK gets decompiled for smali sources
      • The contained M10 files get decompiled by our M10 Engine
    3. Edit the files you want to edit (M10 and smali sources)
      • You edit those files as textfiles on your computer with the build-in editor.
      • The workflow here is much like working with Visual Studio or Eclipse
      • After importing an APK you can of course close the project and reload it later, no need to import the APK again.
        Loading times are very fast compared to decompiling everything again
    4. Export the sources back to an APK
      • Compile smali sources
      • Compile M10 sources
      • Sign APK
      • Zipalign APK
    5. Push that APK automatically to the phone

User Interface

The User Interface mainly consists of a window-filling workspace for your documents, again much like known IDEs.

To organize all the information VTS gives you, it has several "DockWindows" which the user can show and dock them where ever they like.

Here we have some screenshots showing some of the features:

The goal of this thread is to find good testers as the app itself isn't finished yet.
    The alpha/beta testers should be the following:
    • Experienced in smali or M10 editing
    • Good at testing, trying different things
    • Testers should be willing to test lots of new versions and quick fixes
    • They need to report in detail what they were doing if they find a bug/problem
    • personal contact via IRC or email (IRC preferred)

To apply as a alpha/beta tester please fill in the following form.

Please also note that compiling M10 files isn't included yet, you can play with the editor, but your changes won't be shown on the phone.
    Smali on the other hand should be completely working.
    reserverd for later use
    I just published the first version of VTS :)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=25310217#post25310217

Thanks to everyone who helped :)
    Okay here is a little update on VTS:
    • I won't give any ETAs :p

• I used the time to create some kind of "Multi-Project-Support", much like a *.sln file in Visual Studio.
      This way you can have multiple projects (== apks or jars) in one big solution.
      In fact this idea came from a tester who would use one solution per ROM,
      having one sub-project per file (apk or jar) he needs to edit.

• Another new thing is the "Solution Explorer" I added. The ones of you who know Visual Studio know what I am talking about. :)
      It's a big tree which can manage projects etc and is used to open any file in VTS.

• M10Tools development slowly but steadily continues, I think the first public VTS version won't have M10 support.
    The UI is getting better and better, the first public alpha/beta/whatever version isn't that far away I think :)

I am going to write a nice blog post about VTS in the near future (maybe today or tomorrow), so make sure you subscribe to our feed and to follow us on Twitter :)

Have a look at my most recent build: :)