*Sigh*, I'm starting to regret buying WP7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

orangekid

Sr. Mod / Mod Committee / RC-RT Committee
Staff member
Apr 10, 2009
I'm so glad I didn't go out and buy a WP7 phone, I knew I'd love it for about a week before the lack of features kicked in and I would miss Android and iOS

TJMJT

Dec 6, 2008
Problem is communication

I am ready to give it up and switch phone O/S's as many are. The largest problem is communication and not the update itself. I have been in the technology business for many years and have dealt with an infinite amount of problems. If I take 2 scenarios with the same problem but in one instance contact the customer daily in a proactive measure the customer is somewhat content and happy. If in scenario 2 I don’t contact this consumer and keep them posted on progress in a proactive measure the consumer is irate. Same scenario with 2 different levels of communication and vastly different results. Microsoft because they don’t have favorable news elects to avoid and provide no communication is irritating the masses. Poor decision for a massive company.

MartyLK

Apr 19, 2010
Oklahoma City
I am ready to give it up and switch phone O/S's as many are. The largest problem is communication and not the update itself. I have been in the technology business for many years and have dealt with an infinite amount of problems. If I take 2 scenarios with the same problem but in one instance contact the customer daily in a proactive measure the customer is somewhat content and happy. If in scenario 2 I don’t contact this consumer and keep them posted on progress in a proactive measure the consumer is irate. Same scenario with 2 different levels of communication and vastly different results. Microsoft because they don’t have favorable news elects to avoid and provide no communication is irritating the masses. Poor decision for a massive company.

Exactly! If MS would just issue "state of the WP7" progress reports, a lot of nerves would be soothed. But they won't and they know what to expect. If they are a multi-billion dollar company run by half-way intelligent people, they know exactly what to expect by their silence.

2GStyle

May 12, 2007
Exactly! If MS would just issue "state of the WP7" progress reports, a lot of nerves would be soothed. But they won't and they know what to expect. If they are a multi-billion dollar company run by half-way intelligent people, they know exactly what to expect by their silence.

Has any company in the Smartphone business really done this? and if so was it on purpose or leaked?

u know the iPhone 4 is the thinnest smartphone out right?

If you put the almost mandatory case on it is not longer the thinnest Smartphone out.

Last edited:

MartyLK

Apr 19, 2010
Oklahoma City
Has any company in the Smartphone business really done this? and if so was it on purpose or leaked?

Just saying, if they want to avoid this, they have to take measures.

If you put the almost mandatory case on it is not longer the thinnest Smartphone out.

And if you put a case on the next most thinnest smartphone out, iPhone 4 becomes the thinnest again.

Last edited:

Tone_

Dec 23, 2008
WtOsyknC.png

The Medias is the thinnest smartphone currently available.. :p

StevieBallz

Feb 13, 2010
Linz
What I believe to be an important part with this Update Fiasco is the question: why is the update delayed? The devices that got it through ROM updates have the same build as the Emulator that was released end of january.

So for whatever reason: the update is not late because Microsoft couldn't finish the software but for other hold ups (first the purported intervention by carriers, next the problems with the test-update).

That is also why in the latest blog post they said that this doesn't influence/slow the development of Mango.

I at least hope that they'll manage to get the update process to run smoothly with/following NoDo and we won't have to worry about this again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's thinner than the iPhone 4! And is a gorgeous piece of art. I can't wait to get mine. :)

It's a sheep magnet that's for damn sure!
    It is odd how the OP says so much good for the phone. Reasons upon reasons why the phone was purchased and how great it was.

Then... because of no recent updates it must be a trash phone.

Get over it or buy a new phone. Stop complaining.
    As a rule I am not an early adopter anymore, in large part thanks to experiences in the gaming tech area. In that area, it's never, EVER a good idea to buy anything at launch because early adopters get screwed, 100% of the time. By the time the platform has matured to a level where there is a nice library of games and the hardware bugs have been worked out, there's usually a price drop or addition of features--or both. Whatever else is true, adopting later is more satisfying than adopting sooner, because you get more and better quality stuff for a lower price.

When I went to go buy a new iPhone, I fell head over heels for WP7 on the Samsung Focus. The UI is brilliant and I don't give a **** what anybody says to the contrary, Super AMOLED makes Retina display look like ****. It's not even a contest, and whenever I've shown my Focus to someone, side by side, with their iPhone 4--they've agreed unilaterally that the Focus has a better screen.

But the fact is, Microsoft launched WP7 too soon. It's missing basic, OBVIOUS features that should have been there from the outset. Custom ringtones, copy & paste, multitasking, sending SMS videos--all I can say about those features is "****ing DUH." Of COURSE those are obvious and should have been there from the outset. Any moron realizes that, and the fact that Microsoft dropped the ball on them is just ridiculous. That we're now almost FIVE MONTHS past launch and are still waiting for what amounts to a MINOR update is simply pathetic, and as a consumer I am starting to feel a little ripped off. Microsoft should not have launched WP7 in 2010. They should have waited until they at least got the obvious, ground level features that every dumb-phone for the last half a decade has had standard, out of the box, to say nothing of what Smartphones have had since at least iPhone 3GS hit.

I've been an ardent supporter of WP7 from the outset. I love the UI--it's head and shoulders above the rest. I'm patient with the small marketplace because it's growing fast and I enjoy the excitement of seeing what new goodie comes out next.

But I'm losing patience with how Microsoft has been handling the updates, and the absurd length of their release cycles. If this idiotically named NoDo update, which evidently should have been called "NoGo" instead, doesn't hit in March--then I'm done with the platform and Microsoft can suck it.
    You have 2 years to regret your decision unless you bought it unsubsidized.

That or you can learn to deal with the decisions you made as an adult.
    You have 2 years to regret your decision unless you bought it unsubsidized.

That or you can learn to deal with the decisions you made as an adult.

Here is how adults deal with products that fail to deliver what they promised: They sell them to some idiot on eBay and buy something else.

Android and iPhone are both strong contenders (though I'd really rather not give Apple any money, facts are facts, and at least they finally got the basic OBVIOUS features).