[GUIDE] What to do if Kindle won't boot after flashing
So I am relatively new to this forum (posting anyway, been reading for years) and it seems like every single person posting a question could be saved with one solution. If you flash a rom onto your Kindle fire and it won't boot properly after, or you are stuck in a bootloop, but you are able to get into recovery, follow this guide, and you should be able to reclaim your Kindle with little hassle.
What you need:
FFF already installed (if you see the blue kindle fire logo at boot you have FFF)
The ability to get into recovery
Another ROM to flash (preferably not the one that caused the problem in the first place)
What to do:
1. First, boot your Kindle into TWRP
2. Connect your fire to your computer via USB
3. Once in TWRP, tap on Mount
4. Once inside mount, tap the box next to sdcard under 'select partitions to mount' so that there is an X in the box (if there is already an X, leave it there) tap any others that have X's so that sdcard is the only one with an X
5.Next tap on the button that says Mount USB Storage
6. This with allow your fire to connect to your computer through recovery
7. Once your fire is connected to your computer, find the rom you will be installing, and place it onto your Kindle's internal storage through your computer.
8. If you have a Gapps or anything else that you would like to install, copy those to your Kindle now too.
9. When the files have completely transferred to your Kindle, tap the button that says Unmount.
10. Tap the back button to go back to the TWRP main screen.
11. Tap on Wipe
12. Tap on Advanced Wipe
Select Dalvik Cache, Data, Cache, and System
13. Swipe to Wipe
14. Once the wipe is complete, exit back to the TWRP main screen.
15. Tap Install
16. Navigate through the folders list on the left, to find the rom you want to flash in the box on the right.
17. Select the rom from the box on the right and install it.
18. Once it is complete go back to the main screen and if you have anything else to install, repeat the install process for each one.
19. Once you are finished installing everything go back into Wipe
20. Select Advanced Wipe again, and only select Dalvik Cache.
21. Swipe to Wipe
22. Go back to the TWRP main screen and tap Reboot
23. Select System to reboot your Kindle.
If you are still stuck in a bootloop you have two options:
1.) try installing a third rom, different from the first two you tried.
2.) ensure your Kindle isn't in fastboot with adb or KFU (I'm not going to cover that because there are plenty of threads about that already)
The only reason I typed this up is because I was reading through the Q&A and this method would fix almost every single person's problems. If this guide is unnecessary and a mod feels it should be deleted, feel free
If this helps you reclaim your Kindle, a THANKS is a good way to show appreciation
Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2