[Windows/Linux/MacOSX] Easy Soft Brick Fix.
I spent a day fixing a soft brick to my DNA. I haven't tracked down exactly what happened to it but it would continually soft brick trying to flash a custom ROM.
I found this method worked for me, it's easy, should work on any computer that has the proper drivers and fastboot working including Linux and MacOSX.
I've done this with the eng HBOOT and a custom splash screen. It seems to do no checks as the RUU utility does making it super simple.
Try it out report back if it did or didn't work so we can refine the steps if necessary.
This isn't to return to stock, it's to fix a phone that needs to be RUU'd. Let's start.:
- If you're already unlocked and S-Off and haven't done it yet, SuperCID now so you can get back to it.
- Boot into fastboot, open a terminal type fastboot oem writecid 22222222 then sign up at htcdev.com and go through the steps to submit and get an unlock token.
- Download this file and check the MD5: rom.zip: http://www.adrive.com/public/8kYyds/rom.zip MD5: f5a0745a3dee9ac02e261dd42ac67291
- Copy the rom.zip to wherever you have your adb/fastboot files. (use this link if needs to be installed: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=42407269).
- The phone should still be in fastboot type into a terminal fastboot oem rebootRUU, then fastboot flash zip rom.zip
- When done your DNA should be back to factory.
- At this point you might want to flash the 2.06 OTA firmware, (a link can be found in the Monnshine OP), to re-update the radios and Hboot. Same proceedure as flashing "rom.zip"
- Unlock with the HTCDEV code from earlier:
- Put the phone into fastboot again,
- place the Unlock_code.bin from the HTC email with the adb/fastboot files,
- type in terminal fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin, accept the warnings, it will wipe the internal storage!,
- boot into fastboot one more time and flash whichever recovery you like.
- DONE. If everything goes at it should have the phone has been RUU'd and unlocked again Plus you now have a permanent unlock method.
Support Your Local Android Developer. That stuff* is HARD!