I hate Google keyboard
Hi folks, well the title grabbed your attention, so now my issue:
I am a long-time Swype user and loved it but my "trial period" recently ended and i'm currently refusing to pay for it because a) i'm a tight arse
and b ) slightly annoyed that Swype have used me as a beta tester for years and then expect me to pay for the keyboard.
Anyway with that in mind, my wife uses Google Keyboard and raves about it as I know a few others do so I am giving it a try. Have tried Swift Key in the past but didn't get on with it and went back to Swype.
So why do I hate Google Keyboard - well it has issues on my HTC One and i'm wondering if they are handset specific, if its me being stupid or if its just a poor app.... (btw I use it in "swype" mode)
1. It often doesn't auto capitalise at the start of sentences, especially when typing messages on forums etc.
2. It often doesn't auto space after a word, especially if using symbols or temporarily tapping keys to spell an unusual word.
3. If I select a wrong word and want to go back and change it later, I have to tap at the end of the word and hit the backspace key to delete the word and then type it again. On Swype I could select the word and then it gave the other similar options to change the whole word in two taps.
4. The space bar is too big and I often hit that instead of the full stop - maybe i'll get used to that though.
5. On Swype if you wanted to capitalise a letter at the start of a word i.e for a name then you slide from the first letter, off the top of the keyboard then back onto the keyboard and carry on swyping the word. Google doesn't offer anything similar that I can tell.
6. To hide the Swype keyboard I swyped from the Swype key to the backspace key and the keyboard goes. No similar option on Google keyboard.
So wanted to check on here if others have similar problems - are there ways to do things I want to do above or have I just got to like it or lump it?