Which CID gets the fastest OTA?

Search This thread

Num_Lock

Oct 17, 2011
My CID is htc_001 and it sucks i allways get ota updates very slow compared to the other cids, so my question is to which cid should i change in order to get the fastest ota updates?

And another question, i flashed TWRP and rooted my phone, i still can get ota updates?

Again sorry for my noobish questions and my bad english.

Last edited:

Seanie280672

Feb 27, 2012
Halesowen
You will need to be fully stock to get OTA's, recovery, no missing apps, stock rom etc.

and as for CID, well at a guess I would say super cid would get the updates first, however, recently ive heard its very dependant on your operator, country and whether you brought your phone or its on contract.

Im in the UK and on CID HTC__001 too, I read today that HTC are releasing the sense 6 update to UK customers somewhere around the 11th June, so Wednesday. im all ready for it, just got to flash stock recovery.

Reactions: Num_Lock

Num_Lock

Oct 17, 2011
You will need to be fully stock to get OTA's, recovery, no missing apps, stock rom etc.

and as for CID, well at a guess I would say super cid would get the updates first, however, recently ive heard its very dependant on your operator, country and whether you brought your phone or its on contract.

Im in the UK and on CID HTC__001 too, I read today that HTC are releasing the sense 6 update to UK customers somewhere around the 11th June, so Wednesday. im all ready for it, just got to flash stock recovery.

So all i need to do to get updateds is to flash stock recovery? (i can keep the root, right?)
How can i flash the stock recovery?

Num_Lock

Oct 17, 2011
Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
Ok... do I need a file or something? can you explain more detailed?

I'm sorry for being noob it's just I'm used to samsung phones development and the htc development is different with new stuff (s off unlocking ruu and whatever) so i need you to explain me more detailed.

Thank you.

Last edited:

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
Ok... I need a file or something? can you explain in more details?

I'm sorry for being noob it's just I'm reguler to samsung phones development and the htc development is different with new stuff (s off unlocking ruu and whatever) so i need you to explain me more detailed.

Thank you.

you need the stock recovery file (recovery.img) from the same version firmware of your phone. i.e if you phone is on 4.19.401.1 and you want to update to 5.20.401.1, you need the recovery.img file from the 4.19.401.1 firmware.

also read this: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52894276&postcount=9

alray

May 22, 2012
OK and one more thing, i need to s off to change my cid?

yes you need s-off, and if you change your cid, it must match your sw version! some software version only have a unique compatible cid and other have many compatible cid. i.e .401 sw version can use many different cid: HTC__001, HTC__Y13, HTC__032, HTC__203 etc etc..... but .502 version can only use one cid: CWS__001

to change cid:

Code:
fastboot oem writecid YOUR_CID [COLOR="Green"]<---- in most cases, start with HTC in capital letter, 2 underscores and 3 digits, always 8 characters total.[/COLOR]

i.e:

Code:
fastboot oem writecid HTC__001

you can read your actual cid with this command:

Code:
fastboot oem readcid

Last edited:

Num_Lock

Oct 17, 2011
yes you need s-off, and if you change your cid, it must match your sw version! some software version only have a unique compatible cid and other have many compatible cid. i.e .401 sw version can use many different cid: HTC__001, HTC__Y13, HTC__032, HTC__203 etc etc..... but .502 version can only use one cid: CWS__001

to change cid:

Code:
fastboot oem writecid YOUR_CID [COLOR="Green"]<---- in most cases, start with HTC in capital letter, 2 underscores and 3 digits, always 8 characters total.[/COLOR]

i.e:

Code:

Code:
fastboot oem readcid

I want to change to supercid, it supports my version? and with s off i can still get ota right?

alray

May 22, 2012
I want to change to supercid, it supports my version? and with s off i can still get ota right?

on some sw version, you will not receive ota update with supercid. supercid is used to bypass cid check when installing some rom/ruu.

for s-off question, read the link i have posted at post #6

Num_Lock

Oct 17, 2011
on some sw version, you will not receive ota update with supercid. supercid is used to bypass cid check when installing some rom/ruu.

In my version i will get ota updates with supercid?

Thanks for your help i really appreciate it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

So all i need to do to get updateds is to flash stock recovery? (i can keep the root, right?)
    How can i flash the stock recovery?

Code:
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    Ok... I need a file or something? can you explain in more details?

I'm sorry for being noob it's just I'm reguler to samsung phones development and the htc development is different with new stuff (s off unlocking ruu and whatever) so i need you to explain me more detailed.

Thank you.

you need the stock recovery file (recovery.img) from the same version firmware of your phone. i.e if you phone is on 4.19.401.1 and you want to update to 5.20.401.1, you need the recovery.img file from the 4.19.401.1 firmware.

also read this: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52894276&postcount=9
    OK and one more thing, i need to s off to change my cid?

to change cid:

Code:

i.e:

Code:

Code:
    fastboot oem readcid