Advice on rooting and flashing my Note 3

Search This thread

knoxrandall

Oct 18, 2010
1409011978065.jpg

I haven't rooted and flashed ROMs in a couple years. I know a lot has changed. Could someone please get me started?. I hope that I attached the pic correctly.
My Verizon Note 3 is only a month old and I haven't done anything to it yet due to lack of knolage. I also don't want to trip the Knox counter. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

Afro Samurai

Dec 8, 2008
Chicago,IL
View attachment 2912301

I haven't rooted and flashed ROMs in a couple years. I know a lot has changed. Could someone please get me started?. I hope that I attached the pic correctly.
My Verizon Note 3 is only a month old and I haven't done anything to it yet due to lack of knolage. I also don't want to trip the Knox counter. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Check here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=55003142

Sent by Darkseid from Apokolips

Reactions: knoxrandall

knoxrandall

Oct 18, 2010
Thanks for the link.
So that method will not trip the Knox counter?.
And how do I find if I have NC2 or NC4.?

Last edited:

knoxrandall

Oct 18, 2010
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but are custom ROMs working on Verizon Note 3?
Meaning, are they still buggie or are there stable ROMs for it?

Last edited:

sparkymrh

Jun 10, 2013
Hyperdrive not installing

Hey, I'm having trouble getting hyperdrive to install. I rooted my phone a couple weeks ago, Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 kk 4.4.2, ss 3.75. I successfully installed jasmine, but I want a bit more out of my phone. Downloaded rsl8 3x, but when I install and reboot I get a black screen for 15 min, unresponsive, so I pull the battery and do the vol down /home /pwr button trick to get it to reboot. Any ideas?

Afro Samurai

Dec 8, 2008
Chicago,IL
Hey, I'm having trouble getting hyperdrive to install. I rooted my phone a couple weeks ago, Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 kk 4.4.2, ss 3.75. I successfully installed jasmine, but I want a bit more out of my phone. Downloaded rsl8 3x, but when I install and reboot I get a black screen for 15 min, unresponsive, so I pull the battery and do the vol down /home /pwr button trick to get it to reboot. Any ideas?
You have to flash the NC2 kernel to get hyperdrive to boot. It's flashed in Odin. Put your phone in download mode and flash in the ap slot. See this post here for NC2 kernel. Step 8 coming from NC4 OTA. You should boot up after that.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=53508274

Reactions: sparkymrh

sparkymrh

Jun 10, 2013
You have to flash the NC2 kernel to get hyperdrive to boot. It's flashed in Odin. Put your phone in download mode and flash in the ap slot. See this post here for NC2 kernel. Step 8 coming from NC4 OTA. You should boot up after that.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=53508274

Should I wipe and flash the deodex rom on the stock side first? I kindof figured it would take a little more work with this phone. I had my Razr running pretty good, but the Note 3 is much more complex. Thanks for the help!

Afro Samurai

Dec 8, 2008
Chicago,IL

sparkymrh

Jun 10, 2013

sparkymrh

Jun 10, 2013
:fingers-crossed:
I was looking for something like that! Thought I found it and ended up dling a bunch of crap to my computer ?. This looks very straightforward, easy to understand. Really appreciate it!
So I tried flashing with Odin and it says operation complete, 0 succeeded 0 failed, and no download written no significant changes. Guess I'll do a full wipe and redo when I have the chance, start over fresh.

Top Liked Posts