• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

spc_hicks09

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 23, 2011
Marion, OH
www.facebook.com
Hey guys, first off let me remind everyone that I WILL be keeping my Revo. However, I am available for my upgrade as of right now and I'm having trouble picking between some phones. Please make your choice by voting in poll that has been posted up there ^^^^

Galaxy Nexus:

I can get this phone through Wirefly for only $229.

Razr: $149 through bestbuy

*Spectrum: $129 through wirefly

Razr Maxx: $229

Rezound: $179

I kind of don't want the Rezound because I don't want to go from a 4.3in. screen to a 4in.

I didn't really want to spend over $200 (which only leaves the Razr and Rezound)

I just want to know everyone's input. As you can see, my motivation behind my choices is that these phones either have, or will have ICS. I put the Spectrum on there simply because believe it or not, I could barely find any bad reviews for it on Verizons site (other than the obvious complaints about battery life). Other than battery life there were really no complaints about it but I really don't want to give LG another chance to screw me over with their support, or lack thereof.

Help me choose lol!!! I'll be buying my new phone tomorrow whichever one I get so please if you see this post, reply to it and help me out.

Thanks guys!

Last edited:
Reactions: revo1185
Nexus. Honestly it's the combination of 2 cell phone titans. I am sure they have a good community. The moto, well that is a powerhouse to itself, moto has been doing it longer than anyone. The RAZR was one of the best selling phones and you know moto don't mess around when it comes to their flag ship phones. That said Nexus is one of the most recognizable phone names ever and generally rightly so.

Sent from my VS910 4G using xda premium

Reactions: spc_hicks09

KaneOfMars

Jul 26, 2011
Charleston, SC
I'm torn between the razr maxx or the nexus. If i go with what i know, id choose the razr. Before the revo, ive always gone with Motorola (would have this time too, but the bionic wasnt out yet and i wanted to snag the unlimited plan before big red canned it). Never owned a samsung phone before so id be a little nervous in buying the nexus (but thats just me).
But then i look at the great experience ive had with stock android on my xoom.
If i had to choose right now, i think i would take a chance on the nexus just so i could relive the stock experience :)

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk

spc_hicks09

Jan 23, 2011
Marion, OH
www.facebook.com

elreydotcom

Aug 14, 2011
The fact that the moto RAZR is scheduled to get ICS, I would jump on that one. it feels so much smoother than the nexus IMO

Haxcid

Jul 16, 2010
Ventura
I would roll in this order.

1. Nexus - ICS and lots of dev
  2. Rezound - Getting ICS and tons of dev
  3. Razr Maxx - Getting ICS and killer battery tons of dev
  4. Razr - Getting ICS tons of dev, battery life on par with revo.

spc_hicks09

Jan 23, 2011
Marion, OH
www.facebook.com
I think I'm going to go with the Razr and here's why.

1. It's half the price of the Nexus
2. Found a mod here on XDA on how to use the battery and door from the Maxx on the regular Razr
3. I actually like Moto devices (Blur is not an issue, that's why people make Launchers)
4. Gorilla Glass
5. Water repellent
6. Kevalr back (the backs of my phones always get scratched up)
7. Smart Actions
8. Smaller community than the Nexus (i really hate large communities where everything is a big jumbled cluster f**k of information)

So that's gonna be it, I'll be getting the Razr so if anyone else gets it, you can look forward to seeing my themes in the forums over there really soon. I can't order the phone until the 15th (stupid bi-monthly pay for the miltiary).

Thanks for all the insight though guys. I reall really really wanted the damn Nexus instead but even with an upgrade the cheapest I could find it was $299 I believe.

I think I'm going to go with the Razr and here's why.

1. It's half the price of the Nexus
2. Found a mod here on XDA on how to use the battery and door from the Maxx on the regular Razr
3. I actually like Moto devices (Blur is not an issue, that's why people make Launchers)
4. Gorilla Glass
5. Water repellent
6. Kevalr back (the backs of my phones always get scratched up)
7. Smart Actions
8. Smaller community than the Nexus (i really hate large communities where everything is a big jumbled cluster f**k of information)

So that's gonna be it, I'll be getting the Razr so if anyone else gets it, you can look forward to seeing my themes in the forums over there really soon. I can't order the phone until the 15th (stupid bi-monthly pay for the miltiary).

Thanks for all the insight though guys. I reall really really wanted the damn Nexus instead but even with an upgrade the cheapest I could find it was $299 I believe.

I think I am going with the Atrix at Att. I may wait for the Sony Ion too.

spc_hicks09

Jan 23, 2011
Marion, OH
www.facebook.com
Yep definitely going with the Razr from BestBuy. It's only $149 with an upgrade and with free shipping. Also, that's for the 32GB version which in addition comes with a 16GB card. So pretty much a 48GB Razr for only $149, yeah I'm jumping on that.

Here's the link in case anyone else is up for their upgrade soon.
DROID RAZR (BLK) 32GB

jackpot08

Jul 7, 2011
I love my rezound could not be happier. Cant go wrong

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

jmaxin07

Dec 4, 2011
<3 my new Nexus that I got for freeeeee =]. Apparently if u get 2-3 replacements under warranty on your 3rd or 4th time they will let you choose any phone you want for free lol. It didn't even alter contract. I can still get an upgrade in the beginning of 2013

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

smokedkill

Apr 13, 2010
I would wait for the HTC One series. Quad processors and since its HTC, it will have development for it. Best of both worlds

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using XDA

spc_hicks09

Jan 23, 2011
Marion, OH
www.facebook.com
I would wait for the HTC One series. Quad processors and since its HTC, it will have development for it. Best of both worlds

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using XDA

No thanks, I hate Sense and have you seen the camera pics for those phones? Horrible. It's about as bad as a flip phone.

Sent from my Dread Ginger Revo using Tapatalk.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    iPhone 4s is suppose to be nice! :eek:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

You sir, should be banned for that. :p

Sent from my AXI0M ICS RAZR using tapatalk.
    I was thinkin about getting an iphone

lg revo 2.3.4 with gingervolt 2.0

Alright guys, string him up. I'll be there with a baseball bat and pliers soon.

LOL!!

Sent from my Dread Ginger Revo using Tapatalk.
    Hey guys, first off let me remind everyone that I WILL be keeping my Revo. However, I am available for my upgrade as of right now and I'm having trouble picking between some phones. Please make your choice by voting in poll that has been posted up there ^^^^

Galaxy Nexus:

I can get this phone through Wirefly for only $229.

Razr: $149 through bestbuy

*Spectrum: $129 through wirefly

Razr Maxx: $229

Rezound: $179

I kind of don't want the Rezound because I don't want to go from a 4.3in. screen to a 4in.

I didn't really want to spend over $200 (which only leaves the Razr and Rezound)

I just want to know everyone's input. As you can see, my motivation behind my choices is that these phones either have, or will have ICS. I put the Spectrum on there simply because believe it or not, I could barely find any bad reviews for it on Verizons site (other than the obvious complaints about battery life). Other than battery life there were really no complaints about it but I really don't want to give LG another chance to screw me over with their support, or lack thereof.

Help me choose lol!!! I'll be buying my new phone tomorrow whichever one I get so please if you see this post, reply to it and help me out.

Thanks guys!
    Nexus. Honestly it's the combination of 2 cell phone titans. I am sure they have a good community. The moto, well that is a powerhouse to itself, moto has been doing it longer than anyone. The RAZR was one of the best selling phones and you know moto don't mess around when it comes to their flag ship phones. That said Nexus is one of the most recognizable phone names ever and generally rightly so.

I'm torn between the razr maxx or the nexus. If i go with what i know, id choose the razr. Before the revo, ive always gone with Motorola (would have this time too, but the bionic wasnt out yet and i wanted to snag the unlimited plan before big red canned it). Never owned a samsung phone before so id be a little nervous in buying the nexus (but thats just me).
    But then i look at the great experience ive had with stock android on my xoom.
    If i had to choose right now, i think i would take a chance on the nexus just so i could relive the stock experience :)

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk