dell streak 5 freezes while charging.. help...

Search This thread

kiwimalayalee

Sep 30, 2011
while charging using the dell dock or via the dell usb plug, after a while the phone freezes.... then i have to pull the battery... happens every time i put the DS5 for charging....
i am using the CM7 rom...
need some help plz....

kiwimalayalee

Sep 30, 2011
the random reboot is back, just wanted to know anyone thats running CM7 using the dell's dock to charge have the same issue...?
it just freezes, either a battery pull or about a 5-10 min wait for the next reboot is what i can do to start using the phone back again....
because of this the alarms don't get to ring in the mornings... :(

cdzo72

the random reboot is back, just wanted to know anyone thats running CM7 using the dell's dock to charge have the same issue...?
it just freezes, either a battery pull or about a 5-10 min wait for the next reboot is what i can do to start using the phone back again....
because of this the alarms don't get to ring in the mornings... :(

I'm running CM7 and haven't heard of the problem. I would think your problem is an app OR you need to bump up your lowest CPU settings

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

kiwimalayalee

Sep 30, 2011
it wouldnt have been a trouble at all if u had asked me what i currently run on the DS5 ... so i know that would need to be answered in my reply....
well since u'hv asked....
its the default settings...
Min:128Mhz
Max:1075Mhz
conservative

cdzo72

it wouldnt have been a trouble at all if u had asked me what i currently run on the DS5 ... so i know that would need to be answered in my reply....
well since u'hv asked....
its the default settings...
Min:128Mhz
Max:1075Mhz
conservative

No one should ever have to ask anyone what system is on their phone... the poster with some sense should include it... but people looking for handouts rarely think about stuff like that

Anyway, raise the minimum up to 275

PS: you should also include what ROM you have installed

kiwimalayalee

Sep 30, 2011
haha nice one cdzo72,
but seems like u are one of the people yourself that u were talking about, as noted in my first post....

well how about u go and " READ IT "....?

;p cdzo72 am just having "fun" sarcasm's here... hope ur not offended.... anyway i am going to raise the settings up like u said....

issue is. as the streak is docked onto the dells on charging station, the Dell Stage shows up... the one posted here, n then in some time say about 10-15 mins the DS5 just either reboots or just freezes....

Attachments

• screenshot-1338592057015.jpg
    screenshot-1338592057015.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 20

cdzo72

haha nice one cdzo72,
but seems like u are one of the people yourself that u were talking about, as noted in my first post....

well how about u go and " READ IT "....?

;p cdzo72 am just having "fun" sarcasm's here... hope ur not offended.... anyway i am going to raise the settings up like u said....

issue is. as the streak is docked onto the dells on charging station, the Dell Stage shows up... the one posted here, n then in some time say about 10-15 mins the DS5 just either reboots or just freezes....

OK so its not when you try to revive it or wake it up then...

Have you tried flashing _n0p_'s kernel for CM7 and MIUI?

That would be about the extent of the advice I can give you except for maybe freezing the Desk Clock app and letting the Streak stay at the launcher when docked to see if it acts differently

kiwimalayalee

Sep 30, 2011
yeah cdzo72, i have flashed them too....
well as per ur advice will try removing the dell stage n just keep the launcher active....

MadBlaster

Nov 24, 2010
hmmm i am using the cm7 (dsc kernel) with the dock too
but i didnt noticed a reboot when i put it into the dock..... i just noticed that the streak doesnt goes into the dock mode....
maybe u should reinstall cm7 starting with the stock 407 rom and dont forget to wipe the data etc... with streakmod

Sent from my Dell Streak using XDA

naquibmirza

Apr 21, 2012
I am using cm7 and i face also this problem but not like yours i face like my phone bettery charge 1% in half and hour charge very slowly and drain very face. I use anouther berrety and other cable and charger also but they all are failed. I upload my original rom backup but this problem was not solved right now..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    His first post mentions CM7. Still, you would think that people would provide the relevant information without being asked. It does make solving issues that much easier.