[Q] how to root lg g2 d802 4.4.2 kitkat

Search This thread

charbel.khoury316

May 16, 2014
Hello,

I am completely new to android and i want to root my device. i'm a bit worried about that because i don't know anything about rooting
what do i need to know to root my lg g2?
i read a lot about TWRP and ADB on forums. what are these things?
what are the risks of rooting?
i heard that when you root your device the IR blaster will not work anymore. is this true?

thank you for answering my questions. I'm so confused :confused:

kennguy

Dec 17, 2011
HCM
Hello,

I am completely new to android and i want to root my device. i'm a bit worried about that because i don't know anything about rooting
i heard that when you root your device the IR blaster will not work anymore. is this true?

You can download this IOroot25 tool, run and follow the guide.
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=48709232

kye1987

Apr 28, 2014
then

After this, if you want to install a custom ROM I recommend autorec

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2715496

This will install TWRP (this is a backup and flash programme) which will easily backup your rom, install any custom rom. I was struggling with the installing custom rom step, with the exact same model and version you have. But this worked great for me. Depends what you are aiming to gain from rooting though.

to answer your other questions, there is a slight risk of bricking your phone if you do not follow the steps on those forums correctly. Just take it slowly, step by step.

And upon testing my IR blaster, I can confirm it is very hit and miss. Sometimes it works on mine and sometimes it doesn't. I'm using the latest Pardus rom.

Hope I have helped, I am not as technically clued up as most of the people on here but they have helped me a lot and I want to try and give back to this community for that help.

Art Vanderlay

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 2, 2014
Melbourne
Hello,

The only risk is that you'll become so addicted to trying new roms and mods that you'll drop off the face of the earth and have your face buried in your device day and night as twrp and adb become your new best friends. Just follow the instructions, always make backups and double check what your doing and you'll be fine. Don't be shy to ask anything either, thats what this is here for.