[EOS]-[ROM][4-august-12][PEN/WIFI/3G][JellyBean/411] DextersJB v1.5

Search This thread

Dexter_nlb

Feb 12, 2009
Copenhagen
Topic change

I have put a View/Flyer edition together, so one release can be installed on both, with specific boot.img and files for the devices its installed on.

of course its only tested on Flyer right now, but i am pretty sure this will be fine on View as well.
I have put a few UNCONFIRMED in the #1 , since i cannot test, so some of the functions rely on users reporting back. PLEASE DO SO , thank you.

mitchellvii

Jul 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
www.executivedecision.biz
its still no good.

it does load and you get all the way to the movie, but its only sound :(

Yeah Netflix seems to be a real sticking point for anything past GB. unfortunately for me. Watching Netflix is the primary use I have for my View.

Why don't you PM yncconsulting. He got Netflix working well on his ICS build and he may have some tricks you can use. Or maybe just grab his latest ICS build and see what he did.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

myowin

Apr 4, 2010
just a few feedbacks

a few things I can confirm (from OP) at least on my tablet are:

Working
1) GPS works great. Locked in like 3 seconds

Not Work yet
1) Audio
2) Storage (Internal + External) (both SD partition doesn't detect by system)
3) Apps names in the drawer are funny looking.. (I mean some letters are missing.. eg: for Calender- it says "Ca-n~a", Gmail " `ma" , Clock is "C - ck".. all apps are like that.
4) Microphone

again this is for my tablet only. if anyone else have different results, please give feedback. (Yes I wiped and waited and reboot and cleaned Cache and all the fun stuffs).

Thank you Dexter_nlb for all the hardworks. it's AMAZING to see the VIEW running JB so smooth... :good:

Dexter_nlb

Feb 12, 2009
Copenhagen
Working

Not Work yet
1) Audio
3) Apps names in the drawer are funny looking.. (I mean some letters are missing.. eg: for Calender- it says "Ca-n~a", Gmail " `ma" , Clock is "C - ck".. all apps are like that.
4) Microphone
thanks for the feedback.
1) i see now that the audio/mic changes can be a little more complex to get fixed.
2) ill look into this. i am not sure which mmcblk0 partition is used for internal storage. for the external sd, i will lookup another vold.fstab and get it fixed :)
3) that is a new one. not sure what to say, since i do not see it
4) linkd to 1)

Last edited:

Whoareyou

a few things I can confirm (from OP) at least on my tablet are:

Working

Not Work yet
1) Audio
4) Microphone

again this is for my tablet only. if anyone else have different results, please give feedback. (Yes I wiped and waited and reboot and cleaned Cache and all the fun stuffs).

Thank you Dexter_nlb for all the hardworks. it's AMAZING to see the VIEW running JB so smooth... :good:

That is text corruption, due to heavy RAM usage reboot should fix it. :)

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium

OmgitzFire

Nov 28, 2011
Yes the audio is working on the latest beta and playing video from MX player does work too :]
YouTube however doesn't really work playing vids , I got one video working once but not anymore .

Amazing job , I would of never thought I would see jb on my View .

Edit : YouTube videos work but only on non HD
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Last edited:

myowin

Apr 4, 2010
That is text corruption, due to heavy RAM usage reboot should fix it. :)

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium

Thank you so much. reboot after wiping out Cache did the trick. now text read normal..
just for fun if anyone run into this issue, attached pics are what is looks like..
Also the down volume + power did take a screenshot, but was unable to save due to storage card issue..

Attachments

• 20120728_222054.jpg
    20120728_222054.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 259
  • 20120728_222119.jpg
    20120728_222119.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 240
  • 20120728_222312.jpg
    20120728_222312.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 238

mitchellvii

Jul 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
So far the only issues I have encountered are Netflix video not playing and YouTube HD not playing, as mentioned before.

Perhaps these are related? I will turn my Netflix quality down to Better Quality from Best Quality so that it does not attempt to stream HD and see if that works for Netflix.

Dexter_nlb

Feb 12, 2009
Copenhagen
and i might have a correction coming, which enables pen, like in the ICS (i believe), so it works, but got this 1centimeter bug around being without pressure on screen, but tablet still see it as moving around.

im checking into this, and might got a fix for it, to use the buttons so holding down a button when writing and release will get it to ignore the 1cm distance from tablet to get it offline.

mitchellvii

Jul 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
So far the only issues I have encountered are Netflix video not playing and YouTube HD not playing, as mentioned before.

Perhaps these are related? I will turn my Netflix quality down to Better Quality from Best Quality so that it does not attempt to stream HD and see if that works for Netflix.

Tried changing Netflix settings preventing HD to no effect. Was worth a try but did not work.

loni90

Feb 8, 2010
SWEDEN
wow! this is nice!
will install this as soon as i get the chance!
i know they say, no "thank you"-posts, but cant help it!

well done!

Last edited:

mitchellvii

Jul 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
If we can get the Netflix bug figured out and the pen working this is clearly daily driver stuff. Everything on the Netflix app works except for the video so 'm sure the OP will figure it out and it looks like he has the pen working on the Flyer already.

Now we can see why he has almost 2000 Thank-you's. The man has the goods.

* I am especially impressed with how zippy web browsing is.

BUG REPORT:

Whenever I attempt to update my apps from the market I get the following error message:

"Couldn't install on USB Storage or SD card."

I do not have my apps set to install to SDCard so not sure why I am getting this error.

Anyone else seeing this?

Last edited:

Dexter_nlb

Feb 12, 2009
Copenhagen
Whenever I attempt to update my apps from the market I get the following error message:

"Couldn't install on USB Storage or SD card."

thanks for positive feedback!

next,
- can you manually with a root explorer or similar see that /data/media is your internal storage?
- can you see in settings that storage is reported back for both internal and sdcard?

i have not heard about sdcard specific issues, but some apps seems to fail download and install from Market. i will see what i can do on that part.
but i know some older apps(android OS 2.x do have problems with JB.)

Reactions: navycow

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ROM is discontinued for VIEW, use YNC's latest update

DextersJB
    Yes, the patch worked and I have a successful boot. The tablet buttons are lit as well.
    thanks, good to hear it is working, although limited, as my pen driver fixes are not at all included.

but at least i got some ideas on where to look now.

thanks to , neuteboomt and GraileR1 for testing, debugging and spending time on this to get us back running on VIEW :)
    version update

V1.5 is online.

see post #1 in linked section for changes.
    Hm... let's see here... my original post was. "This ROM does not appear to include bash. Is this something that could be added in?"
    lets just close that topic, ill add your bash in xbin, and that should do it.

end of offtopic discussion.
    Also I'm assuming Netflix is dead in the water at this time?
    with my own personal need for netflix, i would love to fix it. but i have spent far too much on hardware decoding and still not found the cause. so i just use alternatives :)

i have not checked flash, but yes, it can be sideloaded, and i could probably have included a running edition for next version.