[4.2.2][MIUIv5 4.2.7] XT925

Search This thread
T

Tquetski

Sorry but, i don't get it.. The new builds are Alpha1 for example?

The current build for xt925 is based on MIUI Polimorph for the S3, which has had shelld completely gutted, causing functionality issues.

The 'main branch' for the xt926 uses a different build of MIUI with nothing gutted and requires a MIUI kernel to run, when I update the 925 It will switch to the 'main branch' build which is the 926, to get a good idea of the next update to this rom see the 926 topic.

T

Tquetski

OP updated, 3.5.31 is available for download in the development area of the OP, once everything is confirmed to be working order I will move it to stable to replace the previous build

T

Tquetski

Do you have a razr hd?

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 2

926, but The the MIUI ports are not winzip projects, I'm doing a lot of decompiling and so on and the current 926 MIUIv5 is based on a totally different rom than the last working version of this; It's a different thing and it needed to happen because of Shelld, as a result this can be considered a new project and different from the rom which had no widgets.

If I could get someone who has a 925 to test that'd be great, but eh

dabanhfreak

Feb 23, 2013
Melbourne
OnePlus One
Just like to make a suggestion, make a note on the Rom error in the OP. I saw there was no link so I searched for it, then ran into the error

Sent from my XT925 using xda premium

T

Tquetski

OK, been a bit busy, I'll see what I can do about this today.

On a side note, people who are posting mirrors of this Rom onto MIUI official forums and other places please don't do it until all the heavy lifting is done, I do appreciate it but It creates a problem Because now a link to a (maybe) partially working build for the 925 resides on MIUIs Homepage and it's bad that I can't even edit it to remove the link or post a new one.

I know I'm bad about giving progress reports and updates and so on, but I do have many projects and yes, work on this is still being done, the XT926 build I'm playing with is near 'true stable' and approaching the daily driver point; I'd appreciate If people would wait until the rom is more stable or at least update the mirror'd post to reflect the changes in mine

Last edited:

Olao99

Feb 8, 2011
Hey, I'm curious how do you port the roms.
Do you have access to MIUI source? Or do you replace files in the zips and diff each prefs and smali?

jgeorge15

Jun 14, 2013
OK, been a bit busy, I'll see what I can do about this today.

On a side note, people who are posting mirrors of this Rom onto MIUI official forums and other places please don't do it until all the heavy lifting is done, I do appreciate it but It creates a problem Because now a link to a (maybe) partially working build for the 925 resides on MIUIs Homepage and it's bad that I can't even edit it to remove the link or post a new one.

I know I'm bad about giving progress reports and updates and so on, but I do have many projects and yes, work on this is still being done, the XT926 build I'm playing with is near 'true stable' and approaching the daily driver point; I'd appreciate If people would wait until the rom is more stable or at least update the mirror'd post to reflect the changes in mine

Any way you could set up a SVN, this way we can push commits and be a little helpful. I'm always ready to help.

T

Tquetski

Update, check development branch and leave feedback, it should mirror the 926s

T

Tquetski

Hey, I'm curious how do you port the roms.
Do you have access to MIUI source? Or do you replace files in the zips and diff each prefs and smali?

Anyone has access to MiCode but actually getting it to patch your rom is a different thing, I prefer to do ports because they are less complicated if you're willing to get your hands dirty.

I do it by decompile, recompile, adding missing MIUI related code and so on, there are most def. ways you can streamline the process of doing a rom port in terms of making smart decisions in regards to the resolution of what you're working with, and both roms should have the same 'build ID' to ensure maximum compatibility.

Even when looking at the diff. in code between a MIUI rom and base rom, after enough experience just by looking you can get a good feel for how much of a shot you have, It's also important to remember even a single mistake can break the rom so It's important to not give up if it doesn't work right the first, second or third time..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Re: [Rom]MIUI 3.2.8 XT925 ALPHA

Hey I got this to boot on the 926 I know this ROM is not meant, I get an error saying unauthorized

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using xda premium
    Hello!

Its there any way to make a dual boot, just for testing?

I just installed Safestrap, did a backup from my stock rom, enabled the slot 1, copy the backup there and boots fine.
    Installed MIUI on slot 1, but when boots, stucks on black screen. ):

Yes, but only if all the roms use the same kernel as the "stock" rom.

If you do it then don't expect help because none of us power users want to deal with help and support questions...or noobz.

Oh

And 4.3 MIUI :p

/yes, I know... 4.2.2.....
    I cant find permisions to enable root
    How do I flash this ROM?
    I'm trying to flash to my XT925 Unlocked bootloader with Twrp 2.5 recovery from external sd card but had no luck.
    It says failed
    I would really appreciate if you could give me some guidance.
    What are the prerequisites to install this rom on my XT925?
    I used TWRP v2.6.3.0 with no issues at all, so I would give that a shot first...
    thanks for your response. I will try it later today and post results.

The only version available of twrp 2.6 is for xt926 and mine is xt925.
    It says that it has worked on the xt925.
    Is that the one you installed?

Other question:
    I read on the firsts post from OP that this ROM drains more battery than normal android CM.
    How good is battery life with this rom compared with others?
    2.6 should be fine I think
    As far as the battery drain, I haven't noticed a difference between miui and other roms, It's been a daily driver for me and I'm a power user. I still only need to charge it at night...