[ROM][AOSP][Nightly/Release] CarbonRom KitKat [toroplus]

Search This thread

CarbonROM

Mar 30, 2013
carbonrom.org
About Carbon

CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub. and on our Gerrit CarbonDev Gerrit.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, PA, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Features

All of our features can be found on our site here:

Carbon Features

Here are some screenshots:

Carbon Screenshots

Carbon Updates

Join us on these Social Media Channels to keep yourself up-to-date on all the latest Carbon news, updates, contests, and more! Join our completely open Google+ community for insider conversation with devs and other users.

Download Carbon

All Carbon downloads and further information such as features, changelog, and FAQ can be found on our website.

Carbon Downloads

Changelog

For a detailed changelog, check out the changes made each night here:

Carbon Changelog

Support

We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.

2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ

3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.

4) Ask a question on our IRC channel. Connect to #teamcarbon on irc.freenode.net or click here. You'll find several other Carbon fans and usually one or more devs as well. Please be polite.

Who is Team Carbon?

Find out here:

Carbon Team

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][AOSP][Nightly/Release] CarbonRom KitKat [toroplus], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Contributors
CarbonDev, winner00
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2014-02-04
Last Updated 2014-06-07

cmoG530

Sep 7, 2009
Man, this ROM is SOLID! It's great to be back home. I hope Carbon gets to relive its glory days, as it did in 4.3. Great job team! :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

winnici

Jul 27, 2010
Can someone provide a direct link to rom download. Left sidebar device tree doesn't show up in phone or laptop browsers and even when I Google found my way to toroplus download page there's nothing linked after select a release type. Thanks

cmoG530

Sep 7, 2009
Can someone provide a direct link to rom download. Left sidebar device tree doesn't show up in phone or laptop browsers and even when I Google found my way to toroplus download page there's nothing linked after select a release type. Thanks

Use Google Chrome.

tommy1121

Nov 4, 2010
port richey
Can anyone let me know how data is please. A lot of devs have perfected the icons showing but data is sketchy. I like the features that are listed here and I would love to make this my everyday driver. I have been a CM fan for ever but I don't like the change in policy. Build and send out then hope for the best. This ROM seems like the one to replace CM. Thank you.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

onelovekir

Apr 26, 2008
Can anyone let me know how data is please. A lot of devs have perfected the icons showing but data is sketchy. I like the features that are listed here and I would love to make this my everyday driver. I have been a CM fan for ever but I don't like the change in policy. Build and send out then hope for the best. This ROM seems like the one to replace CM. Thank you.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

data for me has been nothing short of a miracle! It has been switching seamlessly between 3G and LTE with no issues what-so-ever. I used to hate having to always reboot the phone just to get LTE in an area I know has LTE. I am also on the newest radio the GJ04 and have been for quite some time.

---------- Post added at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

The only issue I have so far (and its not a deal breaker by any means) is screen rotation...when the screen rotates, it sort of gets fuzzy, like a bad picture, but then quickly fixes itself. Running Carbon KitKat on my SGS4 as well and it does not do that, so I'm thinking its something with the Toroplus??

fatal99

Dec 7, 2010
SoCal
dirty flashed the most recent nightly and running well. digging the pie controls. any way that the Carbon Updates in about phone could work to update to the latest nightly as there are no KK milestones?

tonso

Jun 8, 2012
Very impressed with this Rom !

downloaded and flashed yesterday, very nice and stable. I like that the dialer has the Google local business search function built-in, I remember earlier cm builds didn't have it...
Haven't noticed any hiccups yet!:good:

tonso

Jun 8, 2012
Alternative Kernel

flashed the tinykernel-5.5-ASRAM.zip yesterday and everything seems to be running smooth after a day of use. This kernel is giving me 733mb of RAM to work with, so you gain around 30mb over the included rom kernel. I've tested WIFI, GPS, camera, etc., everything seems to function as it should. I've also underclocked to 230MHz and kept the max set at 1200, although you can go over 1500MHz if your phone can handle it...mine usually freezes instantly around 1500. Currently I'm still on build from 2-13, but will be updating soon.

This Rom seems to be very stable and one of the best KitKat Roms I've tried ! I've also reduced animations setting, along w/ other available related settings down to .25 within developer options. Under this set up my phone is pretty snappy!

Data switching (3g/4g, Wifi) has been flawless so far!

Reactions: JohnCorleone

tonso

Jun 8, 2012
Although the tiny kernel I mention above works on this Rom, I was experiencing pretty often freeze ups requiring battery pulls, so running the included kernel since updating the rom and haven't had to battery pull yet... so for now will stick w/ the included cyanogenmod kernel.

Overall Great Rom !

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    About Carbon

CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub. and on our Gerrit CarbonDev Gerrit.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, PA, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Features

All of our features can be found on our site here:

Carbon Features

Here are some screenshots:

Carbon Screenshots

Carbon Updates

Join us on these Social Media Channels to keep yourself up-to-date on all the latest Carbon news, updates, contests, and more! Join our completely open Google+ community for insider conversation with devs and other users.

Download Carbon

All Carbon downloads and further information such as features, changelog, and FAQ can be found on our website.

Carbon Downloads

Changelog

For a detailed changelog, check out the changes made each night here:

Carbon Changelog

Support

We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.

2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ

3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.

4) Ask a question on our IRC channel. Connect to #teamcarbon on irc.freenode.net or click here. You'll find several other Carbon fans and usually one or more devs as well. Please be polite.

Who is Team Carbon?

Find out here:

Carbon Team

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][AOSP][Nightly/Release] CarbonRom KitKat [toroplus], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Contributors
    CarbonDev, winner00
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2014-02-04
    Last Updated 2014-06-07
    Alternative Kernel

flashed the tinykernel-5.5-ASRAM.zip yesterday and everything seems to be running smooth after a day of use. This kernel is giving me 733mb of RAM to work with, so you gain around 30mb over the included rom kernel. I've tested WIFI, GPS, camera, etc., everything seems to function as it should. I've also underclocked to 230MHz and kept the max set at 1200, although you can go over 1500MHz if your phone can handle it...mine usually freezes instantly around 1500. Currently I'm still on build from 2-13, but will be updating soon.

This Rom seems to be very stable and one of the best KitKat Roms I've tried ! I've also reduced animations setting, along w/ other available related settings down to .25 within developer options. Under this set up my phone is pretty snappy!

Data switching (3g/4g, Wifi) has been flawless so far!
    What happened to the nightly? I have seen lot fixes on the change log but nightly hasn't been updated since March 2:(

https://plus.google.com/103315278250477995368/posts/KRpSWfTg4mU