Cant boot sense roms and some recovery

Search This thread

lorddavid

Jun 3, 2008
Ok guys, I've flashed a lots of device in the past, now I'm selling my Samsung S4 and buy this HTC ONE S from a friend. I like the phone a lot, I did s off with moonshine (gave error but in the end its finish).

I flash CM11, everything good, but, the camera is so slow to take picture. My friend told me that before that, it was ok (in stock roms). So, I decided to try a sense rom, I choose liberty rom, The rom flashed ok, but, Never boots, stucks on HTClogo, and restart.

I was with philz_touch_6.19.3-ville, so I decide to flash openrecovery-twrp-2.7.0.0-ville. But still the same problem.

Then I try those recovery: openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.0-ville and openrecovery-twrp-2.6.1.0-ville. It doesnt even boot, only restart.

If I flash CM11 again, it will boot, but the camera is slow and i want a sense rom. In Hboot show this

Moonshine S-OFF
VLE PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
CID-T-MOB010
HBOOT-2.15.4444
RADIO-1.35a.32.45.27
OpenDSP-v31.1.0.45.08.15
eMMC-boot
Dec 14 2012, 17:10:57:-1

I was thinking if upgrade to Hboot 2.16 was good, but not sure. Any advice?

PD: The g-Sensor and camera flash light dont work but is hardware, just said it if that helps in something

PD2: Ok, the slow camera was because I had the flash on, and is damage, so thats make the camera slow, I deactivate and now takes picture fast. But still, want a sense rom

PD3: I try this recovery twrp-2.7.0.8-ville.img but nothing I flash the rom, but again bootloops. I get that recovery from here http://mdmower.cmphys.com/twrp-ville/

Last edited:

lorddavid

Jun 3, 2008
What about running last ruu ? You're on hboot 2.15 so no need to downgrade.
Before running flash stock recovery with fastboot

Yes, but what about 2.16? I have this RUU RUU_Ville_U_JB_45_S_TMOUS_3.14.531.11_Radio_1.13.50.05.31_10.30.50.08L_release_309489_signed_ICS_2.exe
that is what I need? What about s-off? Or the unlocked bootloader? I will lose it?

Last edited:

benJX

Dec 16, 2010
Hboot 2.16 is needed only if you want to run MaximusHD (this rom is NOT compatible with any other hboots).
Viper rom and Liberty are compatible with both 2.15 & 2.16.

I would add that CM11 is not officialy made for 2.15 hboot. If you want CM11 on 2.16 there are unofficial build made for this. Just in case you would came back to CM11 if you uprgrade to 2.16. Most of the AOSP based roms released here are made for 2.15.

So to resume, if you want a Sense 4+ rom, just run the ruu you told me and it should be fine (flash stock recovery before). If you want to switch to AOSP, no problem. If you want some Sense 5 or Sense 5+ try Viper or retry Liberty.

But if you want MaximusHD you will have to upgrade (all is explained in the rom thread). This is, in my opinion, the best rom so far released for our phone. Stock feeling but tweakable with Sense 5 Toolbox (xposed module). I advise you to try it at least and if you don't like it, just downgrade you hboot, no problem for doing this.

About recoveries, for 2.16 you need a modded 2.6.1.0 TWRP recovery (the only one for this hboot I think, everything is explained in MaximusHD OP). With this hboot and recovery you cannot mount your sdcard from recovery.
In 2.15 I used to use 2.3.3.0 TWRP, no issues in sdcard mounting. Whan I was on 2.15 I had some issues with newer versions. Since I'm on 2.16 I didn't try 2.6.X.X and 2.7.X.X with this hboot.

Good luck to make your choice, it's hard lol

Last edited:
Reactions: lorddavid

lorddavid

Jun 3, 2008
Hboot 2.16 is needed only if you want to run MaximusHD (this rom is NOT compatible with any other hboots).

I would add that CM11 is not officialy made for 2.15 hboot. If you want CM11 on 2.16 there are unofficial build made for this. Just in case you would came back to CM11 if you uprgrade to 2.16. Most of the AOSP based roms released here are made for 2.15.

So to resume, if you want a Sense 4+ rom, just run the ruu you told me and it should be fine (flash stock recovery before). If you want to switch to AOSP, no problem. If you want some Sense 5 or Sense 5+ try Viper or retry Liberty.

But if you want MaximusHD you will have to upgrade (all is explained in the rom thread). This is, in my opinion, the best rom so far released for our phone. Stock feeling but tweakable with Sense 5 Toolbox (xposed module). I advise you to try it at least and if you don't like it, just downgrade you hboot, no problem for doing this.

About recoveries, for 2.16 you need a modded TWRP recovery (the only one for this hboot I think, find it in MaximusHD thread). With this hboot and recovery you cannot mount your sdcard from recovery.
In 2.15 I used to use 2.6.3.0, I had problems with newer versions.

Ok, I will try that rom, But I will not my S-off? And is easy to change between hboot? and yes, a lot recommended 2.6.3.0 as far I was reading, but that recovery never boots for me, and when I install it, it corrupts my sd and need to recover with 2.7.0.0.

I will run the RUU, I always have a little fear when messing with hboot hehe (Trauma from a bricked G1 a long time ago :p )

Ahh I will ad taht actually I try viper too and no boot. Only AOSP roms boot

Last edited:

benJX

Dec 16, 2010
Ok, I will try that rom, But I will not my S-off? And is easy to change between hboot? and yes, a lot recommended 2.6.3.0 as far I was reading, but that recovery never boots for me, and when I install it, it corrupts my sd and need to recover with 2.7.0.0.

I will run the RUU, I always have a little fear when messing with hboot hehe (Trauma from a bricked G1 a long time ago :p )

Running RUU wil not mess up your S-OFF. It will only return your phone back to stock firmware/radio/rom.
Switching between hboots (2.15 <--> 2.16) is always pretty the same.
What is annoying is that uprading or downgrading your hboot will format your sdcard, aswell as running any ruu.

To uprade to 2.16, follow the MaximusHD OP.
To downgrade to 2.15, follow this link until step 2.2 then flash the stock recovery and flash the firmware.zip the same way you flash 2.16. Then run ruu.

Some people advised me to use this tool to switch between hboots, but I preffer do it by myself. Have a look maybe you'll find it helpful.

I agree there is always a part of risk by doing this but you will not regret it when you'll find the perfect rom you want ;)

Anyway your problem with Sense roms is kindda strange :confused:
Did you try to manually flash boot.img after flashing rom ?

Last edited:

lorddavid

Jun 3, 2008
Running RUU wil not mess up your S-OFF. It will only return your phone back to stock firmware/radio/rom.
What is annoying is that uprading or downgrading your hboot will format your sdcard, aswell as running any ruu.

To downgrade to 2.15, follow this link until step 2.2 then flash the stock recovery and flash the firmware.zip the same way you flash 2.16. Then run ruu.

Some people advised me to use this tool to switch between, but I use do it by myself. Have a look maybe you'll find it helpful.

I agree there is always a part of risk by doing this but you will not regret it when you'll find the perfect rom you want ;)

Yes, Is strange, I know that the phone has hardware damage, but, only g sensor and flashlight, and everything works with AOSP, right know I'm charging the phone a little more, I've downloaded already viper rom, liberty, maximumHD, cm11 and Beanstalk.

Beanstalk has a lot of force close to me, cm11 just in the start, with a cm account, and when switching from the camera to videocamera.

Maybe there are error with the partition? I will try what you said and report back (will take a while because I read 3 times every step just to be sure)

benJX

Dec 16, 2010
Yes, Is strange, I know that the phone has hardware damage, but, only g sensor and flashlight, and everything works with AOSP, right know I'm charging the phone a little more, I've downloaded already viper rom, liberty, maximumHD, cm11 and Beanstalk.

Beanstalk has a lot of force close to me, cm11 just in the start, with a cm account, and when switching from the camera to videocamera.

Maybe there are error with the partition? I will try what you said and report back (will take a while because I read 3 times every step just to be sure)

Yes I thought about partitions, that's why if I was you I would run a ruu to make all clean and begin a clean fresh install.
I didn't test Beanstalk. CM11 works pretty well on both hboot, some FC however.
My favourite AOSP on 2.15 stills vanir aosp ;)

But you will have time to test by yourself when everything will be repaired ;)

I fully agree with you it's far better to take your time and read all threads carefully. Make thing in haste is the better way to do it wrong and have issues ;) So take your time :)

Last edited:

lorddavid

Jun 3, 2008
Yes I thought about partitions, that's why if I was you I would run a ruu to make all clean and begin a clean fresh install.

I fully agree with you it's far better to take your time and read all threads carefully. Make thing in haste is the better way to do it wrong and have issues ;) So take your time :)

I was trying to install maximushd first, but get an error here: fastboot flash recovery TWRP2.6.1.0.img and the green bar of the last command is still there, is normal?

the error is error: cannot load 'TWRP2.6.1.0.img': Unknown error

IT BOOTS!!!!!! Without recovery but boots!!!!!!!!!!!! I try that directly because a fas as i know the hboot manage the partitions, so install a hboot reinstall partitions right? :p But boots :D Sense again!!! I really misse it from my HTC ONE :p

I cant flash recovery, any advice? the error is

sending 'recovery' (8900 KB)...
OKAY [ 1.053s]
writing 'recovery'...
FAILED (remote: not allowed)
finished. total time: 1.087s

I have still the recovery 2.7.0.8 but i need this version for hboot 2.16 (want to try other sense roms hehe) TWRP_2.6.1.0_ville_4.2.2.zip

Ok guys, sorry, my error, the bootloader got locked again. I did that and inmediatly I flash the recovery, Its seems everything is ok. it also clear internal storage but I wil see how is everything :D (hope to try sense 5.5, but as far as I read is not too much stable is that true?)

Last edited:

benJX

Dec 16, 2010
I was trying to install maximushd first, but get an error here: fastboot flash recovery TWRP2.6.1.0.img and the green bar of the last command is still there, is normal?

IT BOOTS!!!!!! Without recovery but boots!!!!!!!!!!!! I try that directly because a fas as i know the hboot manage the partitions, so install a hboot reinstall partitions right? :p But boots :D Sense again!!! I really misse it from my HTC ONE :p

Yep you're right for the hboot & partitions.
Do not install normal TWRP on 2.16 hboot. The modded TWRP recovery from the OP which have to be used for this hboot is a .zip and have to be flashed when you're in ruu mode, just after flashing the firmware zip !
Did you follow all the install guide steps ?

Edit : you will find the recovery in this package. What afraids me is that you already should have downloaded this package to make a correct install of this rom. Your ~12gb of usable memory are correctly recognized by the phone ?

If not I suppose you did only one install of the rom. You need to flash recovery to make another install. Follow these steps :
1 - Boot in android, connect your phone and put the rom on your internal sdcard
2 - Reboot to fastboot
3 - You need to have file "TWRP_2.6.1.0_ville_4.2.2.zip" in your adb folder
4 - Type :
Code:
fastboot oem rebootRUU

fastboot flash zip TWRP_2.6.1.0_ville_4.2.2.zip

fastboot reboot recovery
7 - Flash MaximusHD (full wipe !). This should be the second time you do it.
8 - Reboot :)

Last edited:

lorddavid

Jun 3, 2008
Yeah. the problem is that for some reason its locked again, the bootloader, but in unlocked, and flash the TWPR of the package, and my pc see 11.9gb so its ok I think. (My mistake was copy al my data haha when i unlocked again the bootloader, its clear the storage again)

I just want to see sense 5.5, but if what I read is truth, i will use maximumhd as daily, hope that sense 5.5 gets better in a future :)

And just another question. Maximumhd and all sense roms are rooted? I dont see superuser. And can i enable beats with the speakers?

Last edited:

benJX

Dec 16, 2010
Yeah. the problem is that for some reason its locked again, the bootloader, but in unlocked, and flash the TWPR of the package, and my pc see 11.9gb so its ok I think. (My mistake was copy al my data haha when i unlocked again the bootloader, its clear the storage again)

I just want to see sense 5.5, but if what I read is truth, i will use maximumhd as daily, hope that sense 5.5 gets better in a future :)

So I edited my last post for nothing lol

You mean your bootloader was relocked ? It doesn't matter, being S-OFF is what is important here. Don't care about bootloader locked or unlocked.

Yes it is rooted, but it uses SuperSU not superuser. All roms released here are rooted, except if it is stated in the thread :) Beats cannot be enabled with speakers, only with headphones

Last edited:

lorddavid

Jun 3, 2008
So I edited my last post for nothing lol

You mean your bootloader was relocked ? It doesn't matter, being S-OFF is what is important here. Don't care about bootloader locked or unlocked.
Edited: you answered editign your post :p haha sorry. Maybe was because I still need the second flash

benJX

Dec 16, 2010
Edited: you answered editign your post :p haha sorry. Maybe was because I still need the second flash

You're welcome, glad it works ;)

Liberty rom is quite smooth and usable but it stills in alpha for now. MaximusHD is rock stable :) It's based on the official release we should all have had.

lorddavid

Jun 3, 2008

Liberty rom is quite smooth and usable but it stills in alpha for now. MaximusHD is rock stable :) It's based on the official release we should all have had.

Thanks, I try Liberty and boots :D Everything is working now, thankyou so much. So, it will better to wait a little more to use Liberty, thank you :)

(I will use MaximumHD for a while)

Last edited:
Reactions: benJX

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

About recoveries, for 2.16 you need a modded 2.6.1.0 TWRP recovery (the only one for this hboot I think, everything is explained in MaximusHD OP). With this hboot and recovery you cannot mount your sdcard from recovery.
    In 2.15 I used to use 2.3.3.0 TWRP, no issues in sdcard mounting. Whan I was on 2.15 I had some issues with newer versions. Since I'm on 2.16 I didn't try 2.6.X.X and 2.7.X.X with this hboot.

Some people advised me to use this tool to switch between hboots, but I preffer do it by myself. Have a look maybe you'll find it helpful.

Did you try to manually flash boot.img after flashing rom ?

Yep you're right for the hboot & partitions.
    Do not install normal TWRP on 2.16 hboot. The modded TWRP recovery from the OP which have to be used for this hboot is a .zip and have to be flashed when you're in ruu mode, just after flashing the firmware zip !
    Did you follow all the install guide steps ?

Edit : you will find the recovery in this package. What afraids me is that you already should have downloaded this package to make a correct install of this rom. Your ~12gb of usable memory are correctly recognized by the phone ?

If not I suppose you did only one install of the rom. You need to flash recovery to make another install. Follow these steps :
    1 - Boot in android, connect your phone and put the rom on your internal sdcard
    2 - Reboot to fastboot
    3 - You need to have file "TWRP_2.6.1.0_ville_4.2.2.zip" in your adb folder
    4 - Type :
    Code:
    fastboot oem rebootRUU

fastboot flash zip TWRP_2.6.1.0_ville_4.2.2.zip

fastboot reboot recovery
    7 - Flash MaximusHD (full wipe !). This should be the second time you do it.
    8 - Reboot :)

Thanks, I try Liberty and boots :D Everything is working now, thankyou so much. So, it will better to wait a little more to use Liberty, thank you :)

(I will use MaximumHD for a while)