[Q] Why isn't Wakelock Terminator working?

Search This thread

joefuf

Jun 22, 2010
I downloaded Wakelock Terminator in an effort to stem the battery drain from NlpCollectorWakeLock on my Droid 4. I thought this would completely prevent the process from unnecessary wakelocks, but I am still getting my device woken at an obscene rate.

8nofgrZ.png

This is how I have it set up in Wakelock Terminator:

vWcJ73K.png

Is there something else I should be doing?

joefuf

Jun 22, 2010
I wish I had a better understanding of Xposed a week ago, but today was the first time that I thought to check settings in the Xposed app. To be fair, I didn't see a single post about activating modules after installing them. Considering you can open the module as an app and do things inside of it after a reboot, I took functionality for granted.

I just activated the Wakelock Terminator module within the Xposed Installer app, and we will see how this affects my phone, but after 30 minutes of use/being idle, NlpCollectorWakeLock is not showing up in BetterBatteryStats.

Here's to hoping!

ydoucare

Dec 2, 2008
Installed Wakelock Terminator on my HTC One (Sprint) and about 2 minutes after activating the module, it reboots on it's own. Now, even after deactivating the module in xposed and uninstalling the app, my phone is in an endless reboot loop. It will boot all the way into the OS and I can use my phone for about 2 minutes or so before it reboots every time. During this time, I can't install apps (figured i'd try aLogcat while i'm at work) - they'll download, then just hang at the end of the download until the phone reboots. Anyone else experienced this? I cleared cache and dalvik cache just for giggles and that didn't help obviously.

edit: disabling xposed installer in Settings -> Apps may have fixed it....when I try to uninstall Xposed Framework the normal way: xposed installer -> framework -> Uninstall, it just hangs and the xposed installer app crashes. Can I do any harm by uninstalling xposed installer through Settings -> Apps?

Last edited:

joefuf

Jun 22, 2010
Installed Wakelock Terminator on my HTC One (Sprint) and about 2 minutes after activating the module, it reboots on it's own. Now, even after deactivating the module in xposed and uninstalling the app, my phone is in an endless reboot loop. It will boot all the way into the OS and I can use my phone for about 2 minutes or so before it reboots every time. During this time, I can't install apps (figured i'd try aLogcat while i'm at work) - they'll download, then just hang at the end of the download until the phone reboots. Anyone else experienced this? I cleared cache and dalvik cache just for giggles and that didn't help obviously.

edit: disabling xposed installer in Settings -> Apps may have fixed it....when I try to uninstall Xposed Framework the normal way: xposed installer -> framework -> Uninstall, it just hangs and the xposed installer app crashes. Can I do any harm by uninstalling xposed installer through Settings -> Apps?

You might want to make a separate thread for this. My post was just me being uninformed about how modules work within Xposed.

I don't want to say yes or no on whether uninstalling Xposed through the regular Settings method would do any harm. I definitely don't know enough.

Thecrazyskull

Jan 23, 2013

Download and flash this file in recovery

Trach

Jul 7, 2014
I supposed some processes will restart itself maybe because it requires the process for the app to run.

Sent from Planet Phaser