S3 Deleting my gmail accounts after adding 2 ?

Search This thread

Fry_Man

Aug 2, 2012
New Bern, NC
(Originally posted in the I9300 forums, But mine is a verizon):confused:

So after my droid X shattered i picked up a Galaxy S3 off swappa and i love it. Until now... I have 2 gmail accounts currently. I am phasing one out since it is under a sub domain of gmail. The non -profit i worked for used gmail to handle all customer and technician info and emails. It allowed us to avoid renting a mail server or paying a ton.

Long story short its got a @pinelink ending. The problem is that email address's on gmail with a diff sub domain cannot get a lot of the features and add on's that a std gmail address get. So i created a new email on gmail, synced with old info and have the messages being forwarded to new email.

Problem starts when i try to add both accounts to my S3, If i add one, say the old email. works fine, And all my games and apps recognize the old address so i dont loose everything. When i add the second account, after the setup wizard where it ask's you is it new or existing? address and password, and click add arrow, POOF. Phone drops BOTH emails like they were never even there. If i don't add 2 its fine.

Doesn't matter what order i add them or what i do after. If just immediately says account added, check under accounts and nothing is there.

Any help is appreciated. Also i needed to know if there is a easy way to root the Verizon version yet? i was under the impression Verizon locks the boot-loader.

Specs:
Verizon S3 SCH-I535
Android 4.3
Kernel: 3.0.31-2198062
Unrooted, To scarred to try.

ShapesBlue

May 9, 2012
Wow no one?

I can't be the only one who ever had this problem. :crying:

I use 3 email accounts through Gmail, I never replied because I don't have this issue

My fiancee has a work email tied to her phone through Gmail like what you were describing but hers also doesn't seem to have any issues

Sent from my Nexus 5

Fry_Man

Aug 2, 2012
New Bern, NC
Well,

Its so dumb. When i add my gmail or @pinelink account if works fine. When i add both together, it will get to the last page of the add account wizard and when u press finish or the arrow, it takes u back to account list and nothing is there. Also phone alerts i need a "backup account" like all the account were deleted.

why is it always me. i sware to god i have no luck at all. its always something.

Well thanx anyway

ShapesBlue

May 9, 2012
Well,

Its so dumb. When i add my gmail or @pinelink account if works fine. When i add both together, it will get to the last page of the add account wizard and when u press finish or the arrow, it takes u back to account list and nothing is there. Also phone alerts i need a "backup account" like all the account were deleted.

why is it always me. i sware to god i have no luck at all. its always something.

Well thanx anyway

Sorry I couldn't be more help. Thankfully I've never had to many issues adding accounts

Sent from my Nexus 5

Fry_Man

Aug 2, 2012
New Bern, NC
nope,

funny u message, just got done 5 mins ago doing it one more time, factory reset.. If i add one fine, 2 deletes both.

i dont know what to do. :(

Fry_Man

Aug 2, 2012
New Bern, NC
I wish I could help you get in the right direction but at this point I'm clueless

Sent from my Nexus 5

Seems to be happening whenever the data backup program built into android trys to backup. i was just watching the phone and that backup alert triangle showed in the notifications bar uptop, after it said i need to add a account....

0.o

Fry_Man

Aug 2, 2012
New Bern, NC
I wish I could help you get in the right direction but at this point I'm clueless

Sent from my Nexus 5

Seems to be happening whenever the data backup program built into android trys to backup. i was just watching the phone and that backup alert triangle showed in the notifications bar uptop, after it said i need to add a account.... and my only account i added deleted

0.o

Fry_Man

Aug 2, 2012
New Bern, NC
lol.

OK i give up. i can see this is a very one-off problem. I'm sure if this was more known someone would have spoke up. specially on XDA every time i use the forums for help they been awesome.

Well, Thanx! ill keep trying.

ShapesBlue

May 9, 2012
lol.

OK i give up. i can see this is a very one-off problem. I'm sure if this was more known someone would have spoke up. specially on XDA every time i use the forums for help they been awesome.

Well, Thanx! ill keep trying.

Sorry man. Wish I could be of more help on this

Sent from my Optipop N5

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Do you have the most recent version of the GMail app?
    Have you tried clearing the cache for GMail?