[I9003] [HOWTO] flash Samsung I9003 Galaxy SL Firmware

Search This thread

jit_devil2

Mar 25, 2011
kolkata
kb2 can be downloaded from http://www.samfirmware.com (need to register)
or
here is the alternate link for I9003DXKB2
http://hotfile.com/dl/112533344/d0ffba9/I9003DXKB2.rar.html

You can also use kies to update to kb2

this ones the indian one you sure?i flashed this one but the phone wont go past the boot screen.maybe its because as a guy before me pointed out its missing the modem file.........................will try again later.as of now enjoying the european firmware.

sgsI9003

Mar 13, 2011
New Delhi
this one is indeed Indian/Asian version but its better to update via kies.

If you already have kb3 the European version why download the kb2?
Any specific reason or just for fun?

Last edited:

rex4u

Mar 8, 2008
DX is Japanese and DD is Indian. So the Indian version will be I9003DDKB2.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using XDA App

zhaky_gng

Oct 4, 2010
Jakarta
Just found this post & yes I9003 has a hard reset button too.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1018620
Unfortunately SGS put warranty seal exact above that hole. So i cant test this method. But it's nice info. b:)d
Maybe jit_devil2 should try this method.

My phone now back to normal again. Yesterday i bought it to SGS service center & have firmware re-flash, back to DXKB1. They say there is no update yet (KB2) for my region (DX) :confused:

jit_devil2

Mar 25, 2011
kolkata
If you connect phone to kies it will notify you to update to Indian version of KB2.

nope it doesnot kies tries to search firmware upgrades matchin your current fw code..................means you'l get eu updates if already on eu firmware.asian updates if using the dx series firmwares.for kies to upgrade to a indian firmware.you atleast need the ddkb1 flashed on your phone.

sgsI9003

Mar 13, 2011
New Delhi
Oh so you have updated your phone to the kb3 European fw, are you have any problem with it that you want to downgrade?

Post some review about the kb3 & its features.

rex4u

Mar 8, 2008
Don't expect Indian firmwares to get updated so easily. Samsung releases very less updates for Indian phones. I have Wave S8500 and Galaxy 3 too and I know :(
Thats why I am always on European firmware but only after I have my original firmware as backup with me ;)

bala_gamer

Recognized Contributor
Mar 29, 2011
Madurai-Chennai
Xiaomi 13
Xiaomi 13 Pro
hi rex4u, if we install the europe firmware, will we get frequent updates? will it show up in kies?

Im thinking of going for an europian firmware once the stock rom of i9003 gets released.

Jus went over samfirmware site and came to know that indeed there are very few indian firmwares even for galaxy i9000

sgsI9003

Mar 13, 2011
New Delhi
Cant we take a backup of the stock rom ie. kb1 or kb2 with which the phone was shipped?

I guess if we install European fw our mobile numbers are still getting detected as Indian.

rex4u

Mar 8, 2008
@bala
Yes European firmware gets most updated. People over there seems very active and force Samsung to release updates for their problems ;)
Yes you could update through Kies but will need to hack Windows registry.

jit_devil2

Mar 25, 2011
kolkata
Oh so you have updated your phone to the kb3 European fw, are you have any problem with it that you want to downgrade?

Post some review about the kb3 & its features.

xxkb3 feels a little smoother than the ddkb2(might be placebo effect) and the keyboards changed(kind of like it except the swype tutorial bugs from time to time)and there are some different stock applications like route 66.other than that no noticable difference.i like the kb3 dont wanna downgrade.would love a copy of the ddkb2 as insurance if i need to flash back for some reason

rex4u

Mar 8, 2008
@jit
What other stock applications ?
Could you plz post your Antutu benchmark results.
Thanks !

trip007in

Jun 7, 2010
Bangalore
This guy is tempting other indian friends to upgrade to KB3 EU version;). I would like to know the improvements as well:p.

nethursan

Feb 25, 2011
Hey i have upgraded the leak version to from 2.2 to 2.3.3 because i didnt want to wait for 2.3 to come out yet and i want to go back to 2.2 or 2.1 because it doesnt feel right lool, i want the samsung/android made firmware not the xda made one, although they did a good job. Nice and fast and good battery life, i want to go back to my orginal settings with out messing up my phone.. Im from canada ontairo, toronto... my service provider is bell and i didnt unlock my phone or anything, all i did was upgrade to 2.3.3 using odin and yeah.. my kernel version is : 2.6.35.7-i9000xxjvk-cl75655 se.infra@sei-28 #2, and the build number is gingerbread.xxjvk my phone is on a 3 year contract, and i want to make sure that i dont mess up my phone doing this downgrade. thanks. email me @ trix_yahh@hotmail.com thanks.

bala_gamer

Recognized Contributor
Mar 29, 2011
Madurai-Chennai
Xiaomi 13
Xiaomi 13 Pro
Hey i have upgraded the leak version to from 2.2 to 2.3.3 because i didnt want to wait for 2.3 to come out yet and i want to go back to 2.2 or 2.1 because it doesnt feel right lool, i want the samsung/android made firmware not the xda made one, although they did a good job. Nice and fast and good battery life, i want to go back to my orginal settings with out messing up my phone.. Im from canada ontairo, toronto... my service provider is bell and i didnt unlock my phone or anything, all i did was upgrade to 2.3.3 using odin and yeah.. my kernel version is : 2.6.35.7-i9000xxjvk-cl75655 se.infra@sei-28 #2, and the build number is gingerbread.xxjvk my phone is on a 3 year contract, and i want to make sure that i dont mess up my phone doing this downgrade. thanks. email me @ trix_yahh@hotmail.com thanks.

Is your mobile i9000 or i9003? There is no leaked version for i9003 so far. It seems you have hit the wrong thread

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since there is no guide for flashing the Samsung galaxy S gt i9003 I have thought to make a thread on it so here it goes

1. Download and run odin.
    2. Check Re-Partition, Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time.
    3. Click PIT button and select this file: latona_20110114.pit
    4. Put your phone into download mode: Press Volume down + OK + Power.
    5. Connect USB cable and the program will detect the phone's Com number.
    6. Click Start button to download the PIT file to phone.
    7. After it is Done Click on Reset button, then unselect Re-Partition box.
    8. Click PDA button and select this file: I9003xxxxx-xxx...-PDA-low-CL890053.tar.md5
    9. Click PHONE button and select this file: MODEM_I9003xxxxx_REV_00_CL889972.tar.md5
    10. Click CSC button and select this file: GT-I9003-CSC-xxxxxx.tar.md5
    11. Remove the battery, then enter Device into Download Mode again.
    12. Click Start button to flash these files to phone.
    13. Do not touch anything till you see PASS on the program window.
    14. Just do a factory reset after flashing using recovery

DOWNLOAD THE FIRMWARES FROM THIS THREAD : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=12310841#post12310841

IF there is only a file of the f.w i.e. pda file then do NOT use a pit file for flashing just select the pda and flash it

I have also attached the Odin and .pit file for download

Enjoy flashing and do at your own risk
    wat type of error
    after entering captcha it does not show the download link instead gives error.
    @ sgs

dude i have attached the odin and .pit file on the first post you can download them from the first post
    Thanks,
    but the links to odin are dead
    404 - Page not found
    The file or page you tried to access is no longer accessible.