[APP] Xender (Share things Wirelessly)

Search This thread

hunt

Jun 28, 2012
Hello Guys!!!
As you all know that we don't have WiFi direct after Sense 4.x due to missing stuff from HTC on our device. I know sometimes you need WiFi direct for sharing large video songs, game data etc. you can't carry data cable all the times. So this is the perfect end of your pain.

And here it is - Xender
- Share anything you want. Apps, Files, images, videos, anything.
- You can connect more than one device and can transfer multiple devices
- PC Transfer is also smooth and user friendly
- Sharing speed is ~2MBPS

Download Xender From Here
NOTE: This app is available on Play store, but not updated. Use my source to get latest build.

How would you set up for Device to Device Sharing?

1. Just after opening an app you'll get the screen for creating/joining. Do whatever you would like to. Make a host or join anyone. Let say we are creating a group.

2ebu8uva.jpg

2. Join the group from other device

jy2ybe3u.jpg

3. Select the files that you want to transfer, and shake your device to send it to other device.

esuvudu2.jpg

You can see the progress on your Phone.

5yve3una.jpg

Also you can see the progress on receiver's device as well.

edyhe4e3.jpg

Your all files will be stored on desired location, default storage location is under Xender folder on SD card. You can change the storage location from Setting.

How would you set up for Device to Laptop Sharing?

1. Create a group.

2. Hit Connect to PC Button from app.

pajudete.jpg

3. Check WiFi devices on your Laptop and connect.

4. Follow the instructions from phone and open browser and hit the link. Enjoy Full phone control from Laptop.

nemybumy.jpg

Hit Thanks If you find this app is worth sharing with you.

Last edited:

nick_862003

May 26, 2012
India
How is it different..??

1) How is it different from Fast File Transfer..??
2) Do the other device should also have xender..?? because in Fast file transfer its not necessary that the recieving device has the app..!!!

@@RON

Nov 29, 2010
Berlin
www.sysprofile.de
NOTE: This app is available on Play store, but not updated. Use my source to get latest build.[/B]

Great app, I will give it a try :)

But why you don't update it on Play store? it's more comfortable for users to download and install or update, because they don't need an app for file explorer or check the option to install apps from unknown sources? :confused:

hunt

Jun 28, 2012
1) How is it different from Fast File Transfer..??
2) Do the other device should also have xender..?? because in Fast file transfer its not necessary that the recieving device has the app..!!!

1) check it and see.
2) Yes, Other device has to have this app.

Great app, I will give it a try :)

But why you don't update it on Play store? it's more comfortable for users to download and install or update, because they don't need an app for file explorer or check the option to install apps from unknown sources? :confused:

The guy who uploaded on Playstore isn't developer of this app. He uses old build. While this version is auto upgradable with latest updates. :)

Otr the best ever transfer app ..superbeam

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Superbeam won't work with Sense 4.x and greater versions as we have Broken WiFi direct in Sense ROMs. It will work with Sense 3.6 ROMs and some of the CM ROMs.

Sent from HUNT'S Sensation

ganeshp

Mar 15, 2012
Hyderabad
hunt said:
Superbeam won't work with Sense 4.x and greater versions as we have Broken WiFi direct in Sense ROMs. It will work with Sense 3.6 ROMs and some of the CM ROMs.

Superbeam is not completely dependant on wifi direct..
It can also transfer files via wifi if the other person is also on same wifi.
Otherwise it uses adhoc/hotspot (which is the same thing I believe the above app is doing too)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: shanchuan

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello Guys!!!
    As you all know that we don't have WiFi direct after Sense 4.x due to missing stuff from HTC on our device. I know sometimes you need WiFi direct for sharing large video songs, game data etc. you can't carry data cable all the times. So this is the perfect end of your pain.

And here it is - Xender
    - Share anything you want. Apps, Files, images, videos, anything.
    - You can connect more than one device and can transfer multiple devices
    - PC Transfer is also smooth and user friendly
    - Sharing speed is ~2MBPS

Download Xender From Here
    NOTE: This app is available on Play store, but not updated. Use my source to get latest build.

How would you set up for Device to Device Sharing?

1. Just after opening an app you'll get the screen for creating/joining. Do whatever you would like to. Make a host or join anyone. Let say we are creating a group.

2ebu8uva.jpg

2. Join the group from other device

jy2ybe3u.jpg

3. Select the files that you want to transfer, and shake your device to send it to other device.

esuvudu2.jpg

You can see the progress on your Phone.

5yve3una.jpg

Also you can see the progress on receiver's device as well.

edyhe4e3.jpg

Your all files will be stored on desired location, default storage location is under Xender folder on SD card. You can change the storage location from Setting.

How would you set up for Device to Laptop Sharing?

1. Create a group.

2. Hit Connect to PC Button from app.

pajudete.jpg

3. Check WiFi devices on your Laptop and connect.

4. Follow the instructions from phone and open browser and hit the link. Enjoy Full phone control from Laptop.

nemybumy.jpg

Hit Thanks If you find this app is worth sharing with you.
    nice app, very fast, thanks
    oh thanks a lot!!!!
    hunt said:

Superbeam is not completely dependant on wifi direct..
    It can also transfer files via wifi if the other person is also on same wifi.
    Otherwise it uses adhoc/hotspot (which is the same thing I believe the above app is doing too)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    CM 11 kitkat

It seems it works on my CM 11!!thanks