Sense 6 - missing HTC Live Wallpaper (multiple pictures)

Search This thread

s4vva

Jan 13, 2006
Hi all I have just upgraded to Sense 6 and it seems HTC have removed the live wallpaper that lets you select multiple pictures from the gallery. I loved that wallpaper, is anyone else seeing the same or could someone upload the wallpaper I am referring to?

Thanks.

s4vva

Jan 13, 2006
Yes, it's not there. I still have the old 5.5 ROM backup tough (I used it to restore old Notification sounds) so if you can tell me the name, I can upload it for you.

that is very kind of you. I really can't remember, i know it was in the HTC Live Wallpapers, maybe had the word album or gallery in the title? Why would they remove it, I thought it was excellent...

davebugyi

Mar 16, 2010
Bratislava
www.myspace.com
that is very kind of you. I really can't remember, i know it was in the HTC Live Wallpapers, maybe had the word album or gallery in the title? Why would they remove it, I thought it was excellent...

It is called HTCImageWallpaper.apk - unfortunately it does not work with Sense 6. Probably missing some other resources, so it needs porting.
But just in case, there is the .apk - it can not be installed, bust be placed manually to /system/priv-app

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-21-15-29-51.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-05-21-15-29-51.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 136
  • Screenshot_2014-05-21-15-29-34.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-05-21-15-29-34.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 144
  • HtcImageWallpaper.apk
    721.7 KB · Views: 78

s4vva

Jan 13, 2006
It is called HTCImageWallpaper.apk - unfortunately it does not work with Sense 6. Probably missing some other resources, so it needs porting.
But just in case, there is the .apk - it can not be installed, bust be placed manually to /system/priv-app

Thanks for the apk. It sucks that it doesn't work, I wouldn't know how to port it so I'm off to play store to find an alternative :(

djakrse

Jun 7, 2010
HTC One (M8)
Verizon HTC One (M8)
No I didn't find anything worthwhile. It's a shame I really like that LWP.

What features did the HTC one have that put it in such high favor? I've been looking for a good slideshow WP app for a while. These are the best I've found:

Landscape Wallpaper - Good settings. Separate WP for lockscreen. Offers wallpaper scrolling, if desired (good when launcher doesn't support.) Can't choose to update on wake (only time limit), however seems to update on wake after timespan has elapsed.

Wallpaper Changer - Best options for gallery selection. Let's you choose and save custom albums, mixed of folders and individual pics. Can't modify albums. Seems quirky.

MultiPicture Live Wallpaper - Simple, works great. Can set to update with screen awake or even double tap. Supports web albums.

Last edited:

NZLion

Feb 1, 2011
Auckland
teh.geek.nz
What features did the HTC one have that put it in such high favor? I've been looking for a good slideshow WP app for a while.
What I liked was the slow pan across each wallpaper before it faded to the next one.
I had a set of wallpapers with the same colours but different designs and it would switch to one, pan across, then fade to the next and pan across... I think the choice of panning left or right was random. It was just a nice behaviour that wasn't distracting but added a little interest, and the fade meant there was no jarring switch from one wallpaper to the next. Also it seemed to have no effect on battery usage,

Last edited: