[APP] XDA TV (Tablet Edition) v1.4

Search This thread

nathanpc

Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 20, 2009
Brazil
about.me
Please could you keep the app updated, there are at least 2 of the latest videos missing

Thanks

For sure, at the time I'm using this feed to get the updates: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=978169, but I've seen that it doesn't has HD and also takes too long to update, so I'm creating a feed for the app and downloading the videos in HD too. This will help the app to keep updated.

On the next update of the app it will be already on the new feed :)

mike2nl

Jul 24, 2009
Near Utrecht
Hello nathanpc,

i hate it to boring you after so many excellent work for this, but...

after i had installed the last version from the android market, and i had pushed the button of XDA TV on home screen, the app won't start (message = app isn't installed). From my apps list in the market app it is running very well (the normal and the dark version). When you need more information to develop the issue, please ask or pm me...

My tab is: Galaxy Tab 10.1 3G (Europe) with BroodComb XXKI1 V2
http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=2165110

D

Deleted member 2943498

Same here but on Acer Iconia Tab 500 with HC 3.2

nathanpc

Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 20, 2009
Brazil
about.me
I got some time today to fix the "Application Not Installed" bug. :)

Please people that were having the "Application Not Installed" bug, test the app now and tell me if you still get the error. Thanks.

v1.4:
* Fixed the "Application Not Installed" bug (need testers to check this)

mike2nl

Jul 24, 2009
Near Utrecht
@nathanpc

sassiBob is cute as every time *lol. And yes this version is running now without any issue (start from programs) on my sgt 10.1 3g and sgt 7 p1000 3g. Thank you for this christmas gift !!!

Reactions: nathanpc

mike2nl

Jul 24, 2009
Near Utrecht
Hi nathan,

1st of all i love that video stuff from the CES 2012. The absolutly runner is the joke about the iiiiiiiPhone. That was in the video over the Sony Tablet P and S.

So far i have seen have the most companys a good feeling about here customers, but what have i heard about Motorola, they have put you away from here place, ha, ha. Forget it, noboidy have to by now this sh...y things ;-).

Next thing is, don't stop with the TV stuff. You have a real good voice for it. You ever have synchronized child movies or Audio Books? In my free time i am working with childs to make audio books for childs. Possible we can get you once for this, that will be cool. Hope we will see more from you.

Last but not least, Thank You for your Information about the CES 2012. Here in the netherlands we don't have things like that. I think the big company's have forgotten where are the clients ;).

Last question:
who was the one behind the camera, was it sassiBob?

Last edited:

Amandaville

Jul 19, 2012
Nathan,

XDA TV (Tablet Edition)
doesn't work on the Nexus 7. It shows a blank screen with the exception of the words "No Video Selected" on the right side of the screen.

I installed another app called Xda-Developers TV by Kaiser Mobile and that app works fine.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    XDA TV (Tablet Edition) v1.4

Now you can have all the XDA TV videos wherever you go using this application. At the time it's limited to tablets(since I got my Galaxy Tab last week and I wanted to play with some coding for it). I need people testing if this works and how it works on Honeycomb tablets(since I don't have one to test). If you were looking for the phone version, just click here.

I've been working on this for a week. Making the layout using HTML and CSS3 was easy, but I got a lot of problems while trying to make the code work on Android, so I took a bit more to match the code for Android. At the time I can't find another way to open up the videos without firing up the browser to redirect to the Video application, the OS has a lot of problems with HTML5 Video tag so I've done it like this.

The technologies used on this application:

html5-badge-h-connectivity-css3-device-graphics-multimedia-performance-semantics-storage.png

SC20110805-182104.png

8dbf.png

Yup. But I'm working to port this to phones too, in about 3/4 days it will be finished. I want to make the phone users have a good experience, just like the tablet users have. :)

Also, any suggestions, bug reports and improvements that you want to see, please post here that I'll look for it.
    Works flawlessly on my HTC Desire HD.

So maybe will be fine on other phones too :)

I'm a massive fan of XDA TV :D

Thanks, it's awesome.

P.S The QR needs updating as it read "http:/https://..." before the address lol
    The phone edition is almost finished, just need to add some transitions and recheck for bugs :)
    @nathanpc

sassiBob is cute as every time *lol. And yes this version is running now without any issue (start from programs) on my sgt 10.1 3g and sgt 7 p1000 3g. Thank you for this christmas gift !!!