[Q] Mytouch 4G Gingerbread root and unbrick

Search This thread

N_otori0us_

Mar 30, 2013
█ ▆ ▄ ▂ ▁ ▂ ▄ ▆ █`
Rooting is easy and safe i rooted mine last week and i don't brick my baby... Just take a giant step to follow the information carefully and read the pdf it helped me too.. And adb is easy to use just takes time.

Sent from my myTouch 4G
Perm Rooted
S-OFF
CM 10

using xda app-developers app
And you'd think the guy wouldn't need any more help after 2 years....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys, about a week or two ago, I went to a T-Mobile store to upgrade to 2.3.4. I have been looking into rooting and loading CM7, but im not sure how to do it and what is the best way. I was thinking about doing it with ADB, but im just too chicken to try it. I can't afford to break this phone, so i have to be really careful. If you have any other better ideas as to how I could root 2.3.4, that would be awesome. Also, if you have found any way to unbrick it if it gets bricked somehow in the process, that would be great too. I am an experienced hacker, and am working on starting to develop apps for Android and Apple. Thanks guys, I really need your help.
    take out your battery, then out it back in

Hold the volume down button and the power button, select recovery (use the volume keys)

Then when your in there, do a factory reset, wipe cache and dalvik (if your using cwm then go to advanced then wipe dalvik)

Then re-flash the rom.[/QUOwhen i click on factory reset, it boots into recovery mode.i have tried two different roms cm10.1 amd a cm7 but not the stock rom. please i need more help
    lol you wanna go back to stock?

Ok then, well look around for the PD15IMG.zip for 2.3.4 then put it on your sd card at the root, and then go into bootloader again.