[prj][XDANDROID][AOSP][FROYO|GINGERBREAD][31.03]SYSTEM UPDATES

Search This thread

denis1984

Jan 8, 2009
Moscow
I don't necessarily have that task killer, but the one I do have does auto kill on screen off. I have it set pretty aggressively. Maybe I'll try some different killers.

Run OSMonitor and see where the memory is gone then. Why you wouldn't do that in the first place is beyond me. Nah, I'm just kidding. :D

Edit: Oops, sorry, the OSMonitor thingy won't run in Froyo.

Last edited:

dgaud007

Oct 12, 2007
Ponce
Testing Results:

Hello,
Been testing the latest builds the last couple of days and I'm amazed how functional it is. However, just to be thourough, here is my list of issues so far (using RC1):

1. AGPS / Cell Tower location doesn't work. (However, it doesn't work for me in WM either!?)
2. The Gallery app is unusable. It never completes loading the albums and seems to stop / re-try for ever. I managed once to look at an album but it then crashed with the force quit message.
3. A2DP can connect to both my HT-820 headsets and my car, but sound skips very bad.
4. Tethering does not seem to work. I'm unable to set the checkbox in setings(?).

Still need to test WiFi, Exchange and the GPS. Will edit this post later. Thanks to everyone involved for the hard work!

panteraz

Aug 19, 2008
OMG! Just installed latest release on my HTC Raphael. It is almost perfect! Runs very very fast, wifi is working great. I will test it more. Data is not working automatically.

Last edited:

lugiber

Mar 25, 2009
Stockholm
Does anyone but me have trouble starting some applications after running rc1 for a couple of days? This morning k-9 mail crashed on start and i lost all configuration on my phone. Many apps also crash when i try to configure them.

I have also noticed that it is not possible to send video files (3gp) via mms since the last 2.1 release and all 2.2 releases. The films play just fine in android and are below 300k in size. All i get is an error message stating that: "Sorry, you cannot add this video to your message". Am I the only one experiencing this?

Last but not least, what about the latest initramfs released today, are there any changes?

As always, keep up the great work guys!

Last edited:

thedicemaster

May 10, 2009
having some music issues all of a sudden.
most of my songs are listed with unknown artist, even though the artist is filled in in the ID3 tag.
now the songs that display the artist correctly play like normal, but those that say unknown artist play at most 2 seconds after which android almost freezes, and starts playing the next song.
i tested in WM, and an old xdandroid build(2.01, booted off ext2 partition) and there it works fine.
this means the problem probably lies in either the system.ext2, or the rootfs.img (tried with a clean data.img, and different music player already)
i used the latest files.

edit: weird.
going back to the previous rootfs(dca2ed0) fixed it, but updating it to the latest again didn't break it.
i now have all files uptodate and mp3 works normally

Last edited:

msoccer2

Nov 7, 2009
San Antonio, Texas
I didn't want to have to do this but since my diam500 still cant see the sd card I'm going to use the HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool. Before I use this I would like to know what exactly this tool will do to my memory and if i need to backup my phone or anything?

kradelite

Oct 23, 2008
I didn't want to have to do this but since my diam500 still cant see the sd card I'm going to use the HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool. Before I use this I would like to know what exactly this tool will do to my memory and if i need to backup my phone or anything?

Just boot into Windows Mobile, Copy everything off your SD Card into a directory on your computer. Format the SD Card and copy everything back on. You should lose nothing.

arrrghhh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007
Diam500 doesn't have a memory card, so all of the phone's files are on the internal storage too. does that affect anything?

I'm pretty sure me and SEVERAL others have told you specifically that the "internal storage" in the DIAM's is literally an SD card soldered to the board. So the ONLY difference between your storage space and mine? Mine's removable :p

msoccer2

Nov 7, 2009
San Antonio, Texas
I'm pretty sure me and SEVERAL others have told you specifically that the "internal storage" in the DIAM's is literally an SD card soldered to the board. So the ONLY difference between your storage space and mine? Mine's removable :p

I know i just didn't know if the diamond internal storage had files vital to the phone running on it unlike your sd card would

Could someone with a diamond that has done this tell me exactly what you did?

Last edited:

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
I know i just didn't know if the diamond internal storage had files vital to the phone running on it unlike your sd card would

Nope, just like a regular SD card. Anything vital would be part of the ROM - IE you can't just "wipe" this portion with the HP tool (or Windows format utility, etc). I'd recommend that - the HP storage format tool, or gparted. People have reported pretty good luck formatting with gparted.

Not sure what else you were looking for...

Yura80

Jul 2, 2010
Is it possible to increase in-call volume somehow? It's very low on my DIAM500. Does anyone else experience this problem?

Bluetooth still doesn't work for me. Pairing successfull but no sound. Using Motorola H500 headset (non-A2DP).

Did anyone try Wireless Tether app? Doesn't work for me.

waterproof125

Nov 4, 2008
Is it possible to increase in-call volume somehow? It's very low on my DIAM500. Does anyone else experience this problem?

Bluetooth still doesn't work for me. Pairing successfull but no sound. Using Motorola H500 headset (non-A2DP).

Dudeeee..... readdddddddddddddd!

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
also before the initrd was 'initrd.gz'... but now i've extracted the initrd file from that and it, like the zimage, is just a 'file'. should I have extracted this or should I have left it as .gz?

Leave it as a gz file.

Please, PLEASE do read before you post. ALL your problems have already been reported... 'Cept for the wireless tether app maybe. Can't remember any reports on it. Have you tried the instructions in the other thread? Hrm, can't seem to find them now. Basically it works, but the phone heats up like mad and the battery drains faster than can be recharged. Wouldn't worry about it right now.

phuangk

Oct 13, 2007

- turn on your computer
- download hp tool
- install hp tool
- connect your htc diamond with usb cable on one of your usb port
- put your htc diamond into mass storage mode
- open hp tool
- located your htc diamond mass storage drive on your computer
- format it with FAT32 by using HP tool...
THE END.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    xdandroidsplash.png

XDANDROID 2.2.2 AOSP

Welcome to the official XDANDROID AOSP thread which is dedicated to getting Android running on our beloved HTC devices.
    Phhusson: has dedicated most of his time helping users and updating kernel to run Eclair and his work for other msm7k devices. However phhusson is not alone as there are also other members working on this. You can find some of them on http://www.htc-linux.org. I've listed some of the developers i know of that currently are working on and they deserve credits and thanks. We also have to note that before this work done there was quite a substantial number of people starting working on linux for our devices. Without them we may not be where we are today. So respect and credits to everyone involved in working on linux kernel for msm devices.
    I am not responsible for any damages or problems your device encounters. The build is relatively safe and shouldn't cause any problems.

xda-developers signatures

For everyone posting on this thread about problems and issues, I urge you to please specify you're device or more conveniently update you're signature in control panel so it always has the details at the bottom of your posts.

FAQ
    This has lots of Q&A and is recommended to go through before posting bugs and problems.
    Please read post 1-4 as they have relevant information and is frequently updated.

Overclocking Android on MSM7K

XDANDROID boot-Animation | Wallpaper contest

Thanks to

phhusson, zenulator, Chamonix, Stinebd, Makkonen, MrPippy, cr2, Markinus, bzo, captainoord, glemsom, balsat, viruscrazy and anyone else who contribued or who i forgot :p
    Thanks ben_duder for the awesome sig :p

Donations:
    Please consider a donation to the XDANDROID project. We work on this on our spare time, sometimes even not on our spare times :p and every little bit gives us more inspiration and motivation to continue providing you our friends awww* great builds and support :)

Thanks to from me and phhusson:

R^7Z | auss81 | Sergej Philipp | Malte Lewan | suksanto | Tyler Brixey | axelo | ElbertF
    w3bm4st3r | Kenny Maples | Daniel Krebs | Dan Colardeau | Ghostdogg | Gregory Thomas
    Vincent Paoli | nim_ayyan | mindfrost82 | Olivier van der Kruijf | Robert Russell
    Kamil Kowalski | Tobias Kästle | Scrog | Mehdi Bouzakri | Jay Onisch | Daren Scroggie
    Robert Batty | James Frank | Matthias Helfmann | colo-natas
    dcb.insomniacsoft.com | Alexis Perez | Ann Marie Steichmann | Cristian Pereyra
    Adam Williamson | Benedikt Wieloch | Brad Stage | Paolo Vernazza | CDK Hosting
    Haicheng Wang | Jonas Lejeune | Haicheng Wang | Jonas Lejeune
    Adrian Kajda | Wilson Seto | Pedro Aragao | babijoee (yup, myself XD)

Spread the word about xdandroid, please feel free to use this sig created by ben_duder​
    New froyo release time! Minor update with backports from gingerbread...

• Switched to touch-friendly dialer, along with the VGA layout improvements as seen in Gingerbread
    • Added HSPA icon (for GSM models)

Get it at http://files.xdandroid.com/system-FRX06.ext2.zip
    xdandroidsplash.png

Working:

• Alpha
    • WiFi - "loads" but can't scan for networks
    • Bluetooth - interface hangs in configuration (need to fix init.rc)
    • Power management - Something wakes the phone up immediately, have to look into it
    • SD Card - I have to find a working config for Android to recognize this
    • bzo: anything to do with GPS will cause a crash
    • Accelerometer works
    • Keyboard works
    • Some G-Apps work
    • Brightness control works
    • Scepterr: net location works, NetworkLocation.apk needs to be signed with platform-key
    • Adding linpack and Quadrant benchmark programs for testing ( only built in for now. will be removed in future and more stable packs )
    • Sound works in apps
    • 3D works
    • So far no boot loop :p
    • So far wifi scans now and is trying to get ip-address. Now looking into DCHP
    • Speakerphone works
    • Headset works

Beta.v1
    • JIT enabled
    • SDcard fixed
    • adding charmonix ledeffects
    • removing launcher2
    • adding launcherpro as default launcher
    • Added lugiber boot-animation
    • removing some unnecessary apps. will update to let you know what i remove.
    • removed setupwizard / default provision
    • Sound is now working ( stinebd )
    • Updated apns.xml
    • GRPS connections should be more stable now.
    • Removed default music app and replace with cacheinjection Music Mod 1.7.5.1
    • Added Flash10.1 - not working.
    • Adding OIfilemanager
    • XDA-application

Beta.v2
    • JIT now enabled by default
    • Wifi working with latest rootfs
    • Youtube vids work on low quality.
    • SD card fixed
    • Sound ringtones and notifications issue should be fixed
    • Updated apns.xml from thread
    • Removed default music app and replace with cacheinjection Music Mod 1.7.5.2

RC1 released.

RC2.25.7.10
    • Dialer slide to answer re-added.
    • Adding chrometophone
    • Updated Launcherpro, xda, OIfilemanager.
    • Word prediction/dictionary cherrypicked from cyanogen git

Nothing major just some
    • General tweaking
    • Bug fixes
    • Removed most apps that caused instability.

FINAL 17.09.10
      FRX01 by stinebd :)
    • Added full language pack
    • Added Chinese and Japanese IMEs
    • Boot animation speedup (ro.opengles.version=1 sync from upstream)
    • GApps package update (thanks to CyanogenMod)
    • Replace Gallery3D with Gallery, for stability improvement
    • Several changes to enable userland Camera support (from bzo, still needs kernel support)
    • Userland built-in WiFi tethering support for Rhodium (rootfs changes and testing needed)
    • Signed XDAndroid release packages
    • Updated startup configs
    • Using andboot as default root directory

Startup & conf update 30.9.10
    • Fix raph800 typo.

• The following bugs were fixed:
    • Talk.apk missing
    • Buttons cut off in the open call menu.
    • OpenWnn IME selected by default
    • Google Apps updated to 20101020.1
    • Transitioned to hdpi graphics and fonts
    • Ambient light sensor and hardware auto brightness for RAPH and RHOD (WisTilt2)
    • Debug output for battery service emergency shutdowns (by request of camro)
    • Data roaming off by default (can be dangerous for international users) (emwe)
    • armv6j instruction support from cyanogenmod

FRX03 20.11.10
    • Disable slow background blurring for some dialogs (thanks emwe)
    • Internal improvements to auto-backlight implementation (emwe)
    • Disable JIT by default for various stability improvements
    • Updated gapps package (20101114)

Bugs fixed:
    • 19 - Boot loop on first boot (fresh data.img)
    • 36 - Repeated Volume button press crashes the system
    • Possibly 12 - Terminal emulator special keys/digits do not respond

FRX04 24.01.11
    • Improved 3D performance, with fixes for WVGA devices [acl] – IMPORTANT: this requires the accompanying rootfs release from 21 Jan.
    • Synced all minor upstream changes from AOSP

FRX05 3.03.11
    • Camera support – both photo and video capture (without sound currently) are working. This depends on kernel support, so only Rhodium and Topaz are supported currently. Huge thanks to Jerome Bruneaux (viruscrazy on XDA) for basically doing all the work.
    • Switch build variants from engineering to user-debug for slight speedup.

FRX06 31.03.11
    • Switched to touch-friendly dialer, along with the VGA layout improvements as seen in Gingerbread
    • Added HSPA icon (for GSM models)

NEW* XDAndroid Gingerbread build added to thread.
      Check third post for links
    • Further tuned keyboard sizing to be useful on VGA (also made the key labels bigger)
    • World-phone settings support (very important for future RIL enhancements especially on CDMA)
    • Enabled HSPA icon (someone on GSM please let me know if it actually works)

Not Working

• Sound Recording during video recording

Removed

Added but not yet released

Terms and conditions

Enjoy and remember to post some feedback. :)
    Downloads

Bundles
    22.11.10 | 2.2.1 builds

• Arrrghhh has built a up-to-date package for people who dont want to download everything. Grab it here: Arrrghhh 2.2.1 update package

Note: You'll need a new data.img as this package is signed. Otherwise you'll get a bootloop :p
      Also you'll need to select English IME if you want to type in english.

OTA update

• No OTA update for FRX05

• The recommended method is the OTA update.zip. However, for users who don't have a completely original FRX02 to upgrade from, the system.ext2 file will be necessary.

OTA Update procedure (ONLY for users with the original, unmodified signed FRX02 system image)
    • Download update-FRX03.zip to SD card in the same directory as startup.txt and haret, etc
    • Rename update-FRX03.zip to update.zip
    • Boot haret, watch the updater go
    • After updater finishes, it may either reboot or "freeze" (reboot not implemented on device), reboot manually if it freezes
    • Boot haret again, and the new system will start up

Old builds can be located here
    Here is a repositories for older releases of XDANDROID and Android1.6 donut files
    [/INDENT]

Startup & Conf Updates

zImage Autobuild: ( glemsom / balsat )
    zImage are updated quite often but just because its updated, it doesn't necessarily mean it will work 100%. If a new zImage breaks and doesn't boot; load a previous working zImage. thanks

Rootfs Autobuild ( Stinebd )

• Get the latest rootfs here from the rootfs build service provided Stinebd for XDANDROID

Initramfs Autobuilds ( Stinebd )

• Get the latest Initramfs here from the Initramfs build service provided Stinebd for XDANDROID

Others

WinMO/Android dual-boot
    Yozgatg has released his dual boot WinMo / Android program for everyone to enjoy :)

LiteWM ROM to autoboot linux
    MichyPrima has created a lite WinMo that automatically loads haret from your SD card. It loads pretty quick and i can confirm it works :) It has a boot option so just wait until you see Booting countdown and touch the screen.
    Reboot, Shutdown, USB mass Storage and Continue Booting Android

CAB-Install for XDANDROID
    TheBrilliantMistake has made a convenient program for people out there having installation problems with XDANDROID.
    Have a look and see if you like it. If this proves successful we may roll out the updates like this in the future.

Chamonix ledEffects
    LedEffects controls how your device reacts to calls, messages, charging and other phone status'

XDANDROID wifi-tether by stinebd
    All the required dependencies and modules should now be built into the system/rootfs and so the standalone application should be good to go. Note this will be added into next build.
    When we can expect new version 2.3? :) :D

Right after you finish porting it.