[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 Stable: Android 4.0.4 for Samsung Epic 4G

Search This thread

TechnoGeezer

Dec 29, 2011
Metuchen, NJ
Flashed test-4.0.4 and noticed one problem so far. Sprint voice mail app doesn't scroll the screen correctly. The pictures on left side move & are redrawn correctly but the text is drawn in the new locations (up or down screen) but not erased so the screen fills with white from overlapping text chars. Never seen on any prev ROM (including CM9B1). Will clear app cache & retest.
Clear cache - no change. Prob not seen on any other app so far.
Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA

Last edited:

Ragnar

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 11, 2011
Valhalla
Flashed test-4.0.4 and noticed one problem so far. Sprint voice mail app doesn't scroll the screen correctly. The pictures on left side move & are redrawn correctly but the text is drawn in the new locations (up or down screen) but not erased so the screen fills with white from overlapping text chars. Never seen on any prev ROM (including CM9B1). Will clear app cache & retest.
Clear cache - no change. Prob not seen on any other app so far.

The vvm from sprint has been like that on cm9 since they got it from the epic touch and got it working on here its known that it does that. Just like if you go into settings and scroll it does the ghosting effect.

Sent from my MTD Epic 4G SGS using Tapatalk

TechnoGeezer

Dec 29, 2011
Metuchen, NJ
The vvm from sprint has been like that on cm9 since they got it from the epic touch and got it working on here its known that it does that. Just like if you go into settings and scroll it does the ghosting effect.

Been using it for a while on Cm9b0 & b1 but it never did it on my phone. Only since this flash of test 4.0.4. Not sure what the diff would be.

Last edited:

chrishighs

Oct 16, 2011
I had one FC of the launcher, otherwise no change from the last beta for me. Battery life exactly the same, which is decent for me with Epic Touch battery. I feel like the GPS is locking faster, but I am 3000 miles from home and it could just be the service here is better so aGPS locks faster. 4g speeds killing it.

sent from xda premium without a search function...so don't hate

|| Acer ||

Oct 21, 2010
Chicago
Same here. The only thing that changed in 4.0.4 was the way that it read wake locks and where it put android system. The battery life should be about the same. My battery life seems pretty bad as usual. The one thing I noticed is if I flash the blue infintium theme (the one from the s2, not the epic) my battery life actually seems to improve. Weird, right? I know that it does not make any logical sense, but it is what I have noticed.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Maybe its something in the framework? Im also wondering this since aokp has better battery life and a different framework. I know it doesnt really make sense but what if theres something in the cyanogen framework that is causing it?

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 10.1

Ragnar

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 11, 2011
Valhalla
Been using it for a while on Cm9b0 & b1 but it never did it on my phone. Only since this flash of test 4.0.4. Not sure what the diff would be.

Most likely you have not had enough voice messages at one time to be able to scroll and notice that it does that.

pjames

Feb 22, 2009
Huntsville

TechnoGeezer

Dec 29, 2011
Metuchen, NJ
Most likely you have not had enough voice messages at one time to be able to scroll and notice that it does that.

That could be it! I don't miss a lot of calls but did recently, due to not getting a ring. I also noticed Apex Launcher FC'ing but that started on straight B1 after an Apex update. Something in the update doesn't play nice on my MC9! Pita, but I like Apex more than Trebuchet.

lost_

Jan 29, 2010
DC
I use Apex too on two separate phones running CM9b1 and AOKP. No FC's, but wish it would be a little snappier. It misses swipe-up gestures pretty often. It's Nova Prime without having to pay $4, but there are trade-offs.

Ragnar

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 11, 2011
Valhalla
That could be it! I don't miss a lot of calls but did recently, due to not getting a ring. I also noticed Apex Launcher FC'ing but that started on straight B1 after an Apex update. Something in the update doesn't play nice on my MC9! Pita, but I like Apex more than Trebuchet.

Try clearing data for the browser and see if that helps with the fc.

csmasn

Sep 17, 2011
Do anyone knows how to get rid of the "data usage warning". I cant remove the icon.
Sent from my Epic 4g with CM9

BubbaGumprc

May 11, 2010
Loaded the test build last night no issues so far. Battery drain seems like the same which is OK normally get through the day but that's it. Think I need to get new batteries.

Top Liked Posts