[ROM] *Update* Sense(less) rEVOlution 2.0 Inc-EVO Hybrid Jan 19, 2011

Search This thread

cuzzinz

Dec 4, 2008
So I guess I have to ask... is the phone any snappier or smoother with all the sense stuff removed?

jbdan

Aug 30, 2010
Atlanta
So I guess I have to ask... is the phone any snappier or smoother with all the sense stuff removed?

Honestly, it seems the same as 2.1.3 as for speed and smoothness which are both superb on both ROM's. When viewing system panel app there is a larger hit on "RAM used" with 2.1.3, but minimal over 1.0 senseless.

One thing I have noticed about the 1.0 senseless...my battery life is a little better. My battery life is unreal anyways so it's a non-issue, but thought I'd mention it.

bobby janow

Jun 15, 2010
It's a really good question and one I think might be more subjective than objective. This is a quick phone almost no matter what you do to it. So if you are talking milliseconds can you really notice? Nonetheless, I've been on Redemption 2.2 and flashed this when it came out. I did notice folders opening quicker but I had flying transitions and that tends to make it look slower, imo. One big thing is ADW launcher. I used to use it way back when but dropped it with SR 3.0 when that came out. It's nice to have it back. 5 apps on the dock and very configurable. So is it worth it? I feel it is and will stick with it until he releases something else yet again.

rciucki

Oct 20, 2010
Honestly, it seems the same as 2.1.3 as for speed and smoothness which are both superb on both ROM's. When viewing system panel app there is a larger hit on "RAM used" with 2.1.3, but minimal over 1.0 senseless.

One thing I have noticed about the 1.0 senseless...my battery life is a little better. My battery life is unreal anyways so it's a non-issue, but thought I'd mention it.

just out of curiosity jbdan, what kernel have you been using? I noticed good life with the kernels Lou included but I have ventured out a bit and have wanted to try some others. Tried chad's but can't really tell a difference, in fact I think I may have gotten worse to be honest.

cuzzinz

Dec 4, 2008
Hey everyone thank you for your input ... I am already on RR 2.1.3 so I am just trying to get an idea if I should switch or not. I dont really have any problems as it is and I do get pretty good battery life.

Lol the only issue I seem to have right now is the market FC when hitting Update All which isnt much of an issue anyways.

NOTE: can someone open a contact that has their facebook linked and click the "view profile" button and tell me what their phone does?

jbdan

Aug 30, 2010
Atlanta
just out of curiosity jbdan, what kernel have you been using? I noticed good life with the kernels Lou included but I have ventured out a bit and have wanted to try some others. Tried chad's but can't really tell a difference, in fact I think I may have gotten worse to be honest.

Well I've used them all (sense and aosp variants alike) except for chads latest.

When on a sense ROM I have not found a more consistently stabel and smooth kernel than Lou's stock which is the HTC kernel RMK posted about here

Granted I don't OC and this phone does need to be OC'd unless your looking to post your high QUAD score.

The best part about this HTC kernel imo is that you don't need to use setcpu or OC widget with it it does just fine all by it's little self!

That's all my opinion and personal experience. ;)

HeyItsLou

Jun 17, 2010
HeyItsLou Custom Kernel

Just posted my new custom kernel in the development section go check it out!

donnyp1

May 7, 2008
Wichita
I like this rom alot, but cant make up my mind if I prefer the redemptive rom better. That is the best sense rom I have run, its fast with great battery life. decisions, decisions.

brunswick240

Jun 25, 2010
easily the best rom I've ever seen. thank you so much for getting rid of all that sense bull****. this is so clean and so smooth. donation to you my friend in a few days...waiting for paypal to sync with my bank...haha synnccc

also awesome for throwing in some sweet apps ive never heard of...google voice is god. and so are you lou.

Last edited:

cduru

Dec 3, 2010
South River, NJ
Hey Lou. Nice rom btw. I was wondering if you would be able to incorporate the uncommon add-on package and incredible revolution theme to your next releases for this rom. I tried to run the skyraider SR33X Inc Rev package with the uncommon add-on package; your rom just kept bootlooping. Not having any experience with roms and themes, I am tempted to rip parts of skyraider's rom to get my desired rom, but I'd rather it come legit from a well-respected developer like you. Thanks.

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

spiritcrusher33

Feb 15, 2008
kaufman tx.
Just wanted to chime in.. just rooted and installed this Rom.. great Rom. Fast stable! And just what I was looking for.. thanks

Sent from my totally awesome Droid Incredible.

pete_kowalski83

Aug 25, 2010
Hey Lou. Nice rom btw. I was wondering if you would be able to incorporate the uncommon add-on package and incredible revolution theme to your next releases for this rom. I tried to run the skyraider SR33X Inc Rev package with the uncommon add-on package; your rom just kept bootlooping. Not having any experience with roms and themes, I am tempted to rip parts of skyraider's rom to get my desired rom, but I'd rather it come legit from a well-respected developer like you. Thanks.

well the whole point of this rom is to get rid of sense as much in it's entirety....and what youre doing is just putting it back plus an entirely different frameworks....this is inc/evo hybrid rom....i would say try redemption rom thats all inc framework and could possibly work

cduru

Dec 3, 2010
South River, NJ
well the whole point of this rom is to get rid of sense as much in it's entirety....and what youre doing is just putting it back plus an entirely different frameworks....this is inc/evo hybrid rom....i would say try redemption rom thats all inc framework and could possibly work

Well, Pete. Really what I am trying to see is if we can have Lou's senseless rom (I love the concept as I just use launcherpro + and not much sense) with incredible revolution theme and some fancy font (like the one in uncommon addon or Myn's dark/coconut font), if possible.

I am not trying to have him add more sense components into his rom.

Divine_Madcat

Retired Forum Moderator
Sep 9, 2005
USA
I did a search but didn't find too much. I know the widgets are going, but the base programs are still there, correct? Out of everything, i really only use HTC Mail; Launcher Pro+ does everything else i could want.

Either way, I think i will be giving this ROM a try!

serpentine009

Sep 13, 2010
Possible Bug....

I am not sure if it could actually be called a bug since there was a slight modification that is causing it.

I removed the HTCLockScreen.apk file from /system/app. This left me with the Vanilla Android lockscreen. I figured I would give this a shot since I am running Senseless Revolution.

My alarm went off this morning...and I quickly discovered that there is no way to shut it off. With the sense lock screen you could wipe down to cancel or hit the snooze button. With Vanilla lockscreen there is no such option. And going into the clock app does not provide the option either. I had to shut the phone off.

Then something even stranger happened. Twice more. I have three alarms set between 6 and 6:40. When the phone was off...my second alarm still went off. Now maybe somehow in my delerium I accidentally turned the phone back on....but it happened twice....and all I did was shut it down and lay it down next to me as I passed back out.

Is this possible?

wylie1973

Aug 23, 2010
Millersburg
Well, Pete. Really what I am trying to see is if we can have Lou's senseless rom (I love the concept as I just use launcherpro + and not much sense) with incredible revolution theme and some fancy font (like the one in uncommon addon or Myn's dark/coconut font), if possible.

I am not trying to have him add more sense components into his rom.

If you give me the fonts you want, I can make you and update.zip to install them.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This will be the home for Senseless rEVOlution. I'm starting a new thread because the current Redemptive rEVOlution thread has over 5000 posts and it's hard enough to keep track of things for that Rom.

Summary:

Senseless rEVOlution is an Incredible/EVO hybrid with all of Sense stripped away with only the necessary parts left in tact for those who use alternative launchers such as ADW (which is used by default due to it's Open Source licensing) and Launcher Pro. This Rom is based off of my current Rom Redemptive rEVOlution.​

Features & Change Log:

See my current Redemptive rEVOlution thread for a feature list for the base Rom & current Change Log http://bit.ly/gxoxSt

Is this an AOSP Rom?

NO this is not an AOSP Rom. Even though I've stripped away most of Sense it's still based on Htc Sense thus you can only use kernels and themes based on HTC Sense.​

Why don't I just use Redemptive rEVOlution and install my favorite alternative Launcher?

If you find yourself using an alternative Launcher then you're not using 90% of the Sense apps so why have them installed on your system taking up precious space and and in many cases these apps are "actively syncing" information and using your precious Ram. The benefit of using Senseless rEVOlution is these apps are removed for you thus saving Space and Ram which in turn will increase overall speed and battery life.​

Can I use themes made for Redemptive rEVOlution?

Absolutely! Thats another benefit of this Rom because it's using the exact same framework as Redemptive rEVOlution you can continue to use your favorite theme that you've been using on Redemptive rEVOlution. (Themer's rejoice! No porting will have to be done for this project)​

Parts of Sense that have been removed:

• Backup Assistant (available via flashable zip in "Sensless" folder on your SD Card)
    • Plugin Manager
    • Rosie
    • App Sharing
    • Widget Download Manager
    • Weather Widget
    • Htc Friend Stream Widget (Friend Stream has to stay to sync Facebook contacts)
    • Htc News Reader & Widget
    • Htc Music Widget
    • Htc FM Radio & Widget
    • Htc Add Program Widget
    • Htc Bookmark Widget
    • Htc Calculator Widget
    • Htc Contacts Widget
    • Htc Copyright
    • Htc Mail Widget
    • Htc Messages Widget
    • Htc Photo Widget
    • Htc Profiles Widget
    • Htc Ringtone Widget
    • Htc Settings Widget
    • Htc Sync Widget
    • Htc Weather Wallpaper
    • Htc Twitter Widget
    • Deleted all HTC Wallpapers

Bugs:

Selecting Friend Stream will prompt a Force Close​

Installation:

• Place HBoot .92 on Root of SD Card then boot into bootloader when asked if you want to update select Yes after update when asked if you want to reboot phone select Yes.
    • Flash Senseless rEVOlution via Rom Manager or by using Clockwork Mod Recovery.
    • All Optional Content is in the "Redemptive" folder which is pushed to your SD card during install. This folder contains various Mods that can be flashed just like a Rom using Rom Manager or by using Clockwork Mod Recovery.
    Disclaimer:
    As with any Rom or Mod flash you are taking matters into your own hands I will not be held responsible for any bricked devices or be held responsible for the injuries you may inflict on others if this were to happen.​

Restoring Apps/Data:
    This install will format your system. If you want to back up your apps with titanium fine but just do the apps not the data. This is my recommendation if you back up data and then have problems don't say I didn't warn you. Also please don't argue with me about the Rom wiping the system I'm the developer and this is the way I feel will provide the best non glitchy experience. As a result I can spend less time trouble shooting and more time working on the next release....Thanks guys for everything...Lou​

Downloads:

HBoot .92 REQUIRED
    http://www.multiupload.com/AWPY93YE51

Senseless rEVOlution 2.0
    md5sum: 131cf208ff0df78d07db8f36d243f549
    http://www.multiupload.com/KZT5ZM0IEH
    For those asking, I just did a WinDiff comparison between the contents of the two ROMs (Redemptive and Senseless). Here's what I found:

Over 800 items are identical between Redemptive and Senseless. I would list them, but it would exceed the character limit on the forum software. If you really want to see everything, you can click here

As far as differences...

File exists in both, but has different checksums between the two:

Code:
    .\data\app\esfileexplorer.apk
    .\meta-inf\cert.rsa
    .\meta-inf\cert.sf
    .\meta-inf\com\google\android\update-script
    .\meta-inf\manifest.mf
    .\system\build.prop

Only found in Redemptive:

Code:
    .\redemptive\redemptive_revolution_2.2_noclock_mod.zip
    .\system\app\appsharing.apk
    .\system\app\com.htc.friendstreamwidget.apk
    .\system\app\com.htc.musicwidget.apk
    .\system\app\com.htc.newsreaderwidget.apk
    .\system\app\com.htc.twitterwidget.apk
    .\system\app\com.htc.weatherwidget.apk
    .\system\app\htcaddprogramwidget.apk
    .\system\app\htcbookmarkwidget.apk
    .\system\app\htccalculatorwidget.apk
    .\system\app\htccalendarwidgets.apk
    .\system\app\htcclockwidget.apk
    .\system\app\htccontactwidgets.apk
    .\system\app\htcmailwidgets.apk
    .\system\app\htcmsgwidgets.apk
    .\system\app\htcphotowidget.apk
    .\system\app\htcprofileswidget.apk
    .\system\app\htcringtonewidget.apk
    .\system\app\htcsettingwidgets.apk
    .\system\app\htcsyncwidget.apk
    .\system\app\htcweatherwallpaper.apk
    .\system\app\newsreader.apk
    .\system\app\pluginmanager.apk
    .\system\app\rosie.apk
    .\system\app\tvout.apk
    .\system\app\widgetdownloadmanager.apk
    .\system\customize\resource\bigben.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\colosseum.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\eiffeltower.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\htc_wallpaper_01.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\htc_wallpaper_02.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\htc_wallpaper_03.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\htc_wallpaper_04.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\htc_wallpaper_05.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\htc_wallpaper_06.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\htc_wallpaper_07.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\htc_wallpaper_08.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\htc_wallpaper_09.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\htc_wallpaper_10.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\htc_wallpaper_11.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\htc_wallpaper_12.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\htc_wallpaper_13.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\htc_wallpaper_14.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\htc_wallpaper_15.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\htc_wallpaper_16.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\htc_wallpaper_17.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\htc_wallpaper_18.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\htc_wallpaper_19.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\htc_wallpaper_20.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\htc_wallpaper_21.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\htc_wallpaper_22.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\htc_wallpaper_small_01.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\htc_wallpaper_small_02.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\htc_wallpaper_small_03.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\htc_wallpaper_small_04.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\htc_wallpaper_small_05.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\htc_wallpaper_small_06.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\htc_wallpaper_small_07.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\htc_wallpaper_small_08.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\htc_wallpaper_small_09.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\htc_wallpaper_small_10.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\htc_wallpaper_small_11.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\htc_wallpaper_small_12.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\htc_wallpaper_small_13.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\htc_wallpaper_small_14.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\htc_wallpaper_small_15.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\htc_wallpaper_small_16.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\htc_wallpaper_small_17.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\htc_wallpaper_small_18.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\htc_wallpaper_small_19.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\htc_wallpaper_small_20.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\htc_wallpaper_small_21.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\htc_wallpaper_small_22.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\incredible_wp_1.png
    .\system\customize\resource\incredible_wp_preview_1.png

Only found in Senseless:

Code:
    .\data\app\adwlauncher.apk
    .\data\app\musicmod.apk
    .\data\app\weatherforecast.apk
    .\senseless\app_backup_assistant.zip
    .\senseless\font_pack_stock_sense.zip
    .\senseless\font_pack_ubuntu_10.10.zip
    .\senseless\senseless_2.0_nobattery_mod.zip

So as you can see, they are mostly identical, including framework and resources.

Based on this comparison, it doesn't seem like a Sense removal script would yield significantly different results from using Senseless: just depends on what your script looks to remove.
    And here is the modded power notification bar 2.0 - With new and improved syncing!

OK, here we go.. All fixed...
    If anyone see's anything else.. lemmie know..

This is the new Powerbar 2.0 from JsChiSurf that is themed to match what was currently in senseless revolution.

All images were transferred over from Lou's to this new one.. only the statusbar XMLS were copied over so I didn't break the framework.

snap20110107_205255.png

Directions:
    Nandroid first..
    Flash PowerBar2_Senseless.zip

I'm putting together another one with some newer mods in it. (circle battery and a plain white gps) will post it up when I am done.

Update:

Flash the PowerBar2_Sensless_With_Android.zip for all the things you love about senseless with the new super snazzy this:
    snap20110107_223229.png

Credit goes to my wife for making the image fit for our device.. came from the droid X fourms.. cant find my source link.. will keep digging though.
    Reserved

Reserved for future use.