Google apps locking up CM10.2

Search This thread

mogators1

Dec 3, 2011
I have been trying to upgrade from CM10.1 stable to CM10.2 stable. I am using CWM 6.0.2.9 internal. I originally flashed both CM10.2 and Gapps jb-20130813 and get stuck at a blank screen. I then restored to my 10.1 and used the CM updater to install 10.2. It came up fine but google apps were not working (gray internet connection instead of blue). I rebooted into recovery and flashed the 20130813 gapps zip file and once again was stuck at a blank screen. I tried clearing the cache and dalvik but it didn't seem to help. Am I using the wrong version of gapps or something?

mogators1

Dec 3, 2011
I have been trying to upgrade from CM10.1 stable to CM10.2 stable. I am using CWM 6.0.2.9 internal. I originally flashed both CM10.2 and Gapps jb-20130813 and get stuck at a blank screen. I then restored to my 10.1 and used the CM updater to install 10.2. It came up fine but google apps were not working (gray internet connection instead of blue). I rebooted into recovery and flashed the 20130813 gapps zip file and once again was stuck at a blank screen. I tried clearing the cache and dalvik but it didn't seem to help. Am I using the wrong version of gapps or something?

I think I have it figured out. I posted the following in the developers section where others had been complaining of a similar issue:

Still not working for me. I went from CM10.1 stable and cleared cache and dalvik. I then flashed CM10.2 stable and the signed google apps (20130813). It booted the first time and wifi would not turn on. I rebooted to recovery and cleared cache's again and rebooted to a "black" screen. It's been sitting like that for over 10 minutes.

May have figured something out. After waiting a few more minutes, I plugged the Nook into my computer so that it could pull some charge while I continued to wait to see if anything happened. In less than a minute, I heard my computer make the sound it makes when something is plugged into the USB port. I looked over and saw the Nook was booting. I unplugged it and rebooted to see if it would boot this time. Still nothing, so I plugged in again and it booted shortly afterwards again. I noticed there was a status message saying that USB debugging was on. I turned that off and now have rebooted twice in a row without being connected to the PC. I think I'm good to go. Hopefully this will help someone else.