[How-To] Edit Contacts.apk/Phone.apk for dialer pad ?

Search This thread

SmiLeToLife

Jul 21, 2012
Eskişehir
hi everybody, I need some help with dialer pad.

As you can see at the pic, there is much space at the right. The lowermost buttons are not in proper line. How i can resize them to put them in a proper line? Do I need to edit smali codes / values codes? Thanks in advance ;)

TheArc

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jan 1, 2012
Auckland
The images don't need to be resized.

However you'll have to modify the layout. But this will be a task.
First you'll have to find out which layout it is that contains those three buttons.

The way I narrow my search down is, I go into red/drawable-hdpi/xhdpi/xxhdpi or whatever the resolution is. And look for those icons. Once you find the dialer, phone and contact add icon. Copy the names of these .png's to something then using one of the .png's copy the name and in the layouts folder. Search the images name. This will narrow down the layout.xml's and then from there you can find it. Once you find the layout.
There will be three lines that determine the images, you can fix the layouts by using the following code.

android:layout_gravity="center|center"
android:gravity="center"

Change the first one to where you want to button to be displayed so if its on the right side make it "right|center" or "center|right"

Hopefully I helped.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

SmiLeToLife

Jul 21, 2012
Eskişehir
The images don't need to be resized.

However you'll have to modify the layout. But this will be a task.
First you'll have to find out which layout it is that contains those three buttons.

The way I narrow my search down is, I go into red/drawable-hdpi/xhdpi/xxhdpi or whatever the resolution is. And look for those icons. Once you find the dialer, phone and contact add icon. Copy the names of these .png's to something then using one of the .png's copy the name and in the layouts folder. Search the images name. This will narrow down the layout.xml's and then from there you can find it. Once you find the layout.
There will be three lines that determine the images, you can fix the layouts by using the following code.

android:layout_gravity="center|center"
android:gravity="center"

Change the first one to where you want to button to be displayed so if its on the right side make it "right|center" or "center|right"

Hopefully I helped.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

thanks for your answer :)

I tried but doesn't fix it. I found what image it shows at dialer pad. it's '' ic_add_contact_holo_dark '' ( how i found it is? I have change the image with another bigger resolution one. Dialer pad shows it bigger :) but didnt cover more place ( i have thought that if change the icon wiht bigger one maybe it could cover all transparent space. but it didnt :D) so with that way i found which image is that! Then,

I followed ur tellings. '' ic_add_contact_holo_dark '' is in Contacts.apk and the layout xml is '' speed_dial_input_dialog.xml '' . Here is the xml codes :

HTML:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<LinearLayout android:orientation="horizontal" android:paddingLeft="15.0dip" android:paddingRight="15.0dip" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent"
  xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android">
    <EditText android:id="@id/number" android:layout_width="0.0dip" android:layout_height="48.0dip" android:layout_marginTop="16.0dip" android:layout_weight="0.8" android:inputType="phone" />
    <ImageView android:layout_gravity="center_vertical" android:id="@id/contacts" android:layout_width="0.0dip" android:layout_height="48.0dip" android:src="@drawable/ic_add_contact_holo_dark" android:layout_weight="0.2" style="?android:attr/buttonBarButtonStyle" />
</LinearLayout>

I have changed '' android:layout_gravity="center_vertical" '' to android:layout_gravity="center|right"

but doesnt fix it, u have any idea ? really thanks for your help :)

Last edited: