Duplicating this file you can change themes of thumbcal using the button : Menu

very good application

daze81

Feb 27, 2008
Have a look at the file : skin.thumbcalblack.ini

you can change colors , background.... but not for sunday I've not found it
Duplicating this file you can change themes of thumbcal using the button : Menu

very good application

thanks, but i've allready made my own skin. but i'm searching for this parameter to complete it. ;)

nir36

Retired Moderator
Dec 5, 2007
Jerusalem
www.sq-web.com
this app is absoloutely magnificant.. and everything works great.. but when i click a day i see the objects' description (i use hebrew) all scrambled. any idea why?

s.l.i

Dec 22, 2007
Hi, and sorry for my late answer to all the questions that piled up.

The sunday color isn't customizable at the moment. I will change this with next release. So don't waste your time with it. ;-)

@nir36:
What font family do you use? (menu->settings->font family or config.ini->fontfamily)
Kukuriku also mentioned troubles with hebrew language. But he has another prob: If he puts in a subject like "meeting with george", in detail view he gets "george with meeting". Do you have the same problems?
Could you make a screen shot of your scrambled screen?

The speed problems:
I think, ThumbCal's month view scrolling becomes very sluggish if you have very many appointments/tasks in your calendar. I know, I have to optimize a lot and I will do some post processing in the next release to work around this behavior.

nir36

Retired Moderator
Dec 5, 2007
Jerusalem
www.sq-web.com
Well, i tried both Courier New and Tahoma (which are the only ones.. but both support hebrew) and they still look like...
display2kf8.png

as you can see, it only writes scrambled in the appointment itself. in the title it shows hebrew right. also, if you edit the appointment you can see hebrew as it should be. only in the Day screen...
also, i was wondering if there is either or a way, or if not.. i'd like to recommand if possible to have an option to switch the Calendar bar in the today screen to load Thumbcal instead of the default one. thank you Sven. :)

MDANavymom

Jan 24, 2006
Minnesota
Nice application. I have been using this since the first Alpha...and you have done good work. I have this working and it is pretty zippy, not showing any lags as of right now. Can't wait to see where you take this. So to help I have made a donation, have always found that good program are worth supporting.
Keep up the good work.

mr.incredible

May 16, 2007
Knoxville, TN
Great App!

Great app so far. I love the simplicity of the add an appointment option. One thing I would like to see, and have been dreaming of for a long time would be a "Now" button in the appointment times field. I like using the calendar as a stop/start for service calls. And, not really a big deal for me, but I would like a notes edit somewhere not buried or having to go to Outlook. Thanks for the great work so far. I will even be adding to the coffee fund. :)

s.l.i

Dec 22, 2007
@MDANavymom: You are a great mom! Thanks for the noble pocket-money! :)
It is another kick-in-the-a** for me to further develop this app.

Unfortunately the next update will not become ready before next weekend. I'm very busy at the moment and this weekend I'm going to hungary.
Be patient. I think, next weekend could be an "update weekend"...

With next update the hebrew lang/font probs should be solved too.

lopez1_de

Jun 14, 2007
What a great calender app!!
Thank you for sharing!

I wish that all WM apps working like this one or S2U or PocketCM. And I wish they all uses the same button/slider classes with the same look and feel. :rolleyes:

caretaker22

Jul 24, 2006
Hi,

By any chance can you make your app work with the today screen... i want to use it with UL... Thanks for your rocking app and your hard work!

Sushikidd

Mar 2, 2007
Rotterdam
The speed problems:
I think, ThumbCal's month view scrolling becomes very sluggish if you have very many appointments/tasks in your calendar. I know, I have to optimize a lot and I will do some post processing in the next release to work around this behavior.

hi s.l.i., you may be right; as you may remember im one of the people with sluggish month scrolling, and i do have quite a few tasks and a lot of calendar appointments.. on average at least 2 or 3 every day but usually a bit more. the cause of the sluggishness could just be the load time of these as the next month view loads all the appointments behind the dates...

Last edited:

flyingmachine

Nov 1, 2007
Note attachment?

hi,

I found your application very very cool, but i don't use it for the moment, because there are 3 things missing for me:(... but as soon as they appear i will be yours:)

1/ Would you think it will be possible to add "details" of an appointement by tapping on it. Like a note attached to the appointement. You can write in this note, like: where your appointement is (adress, door code....), who you are meeting, things to bring for exple...
2/ It will be great if we can assign category to appointement.And then
3/ personalize the color of your appointement with the category of your meeting ( office= blue; rest= green, holiday= red....) and in a month view have the "appointement triangle" colored in the same way. Also you can add an icon to your meeting...

It will make thumbcal perfect for me..

Have a good trip in Hungary

Forgive me for asking such things....

Thanks for your job!

korbi

Jun 29, 2006
hi,

I found your application very very cool, but i don't use it for the moment, because there are 3 things missing for me:(... but as soon as they appear i will be yours:)

1/ Would you think it will be possible to add "details" of an appointement by tapping on it. Like a note attached to the appointement. You can write in this note, like: where your appointement is (adress, door code....), who you are meeting, things to bring for exple...
3/ personalize the color of your appointement with the category of your meeting ( office= blue; rest= green, holiday= red....) and in a month view have the "appointement triangle" colored in the same way. Also you can add an icon to your meeting...

Thanks for your job!

This is almost my complete wishlist. I have only one addional feature request:
It would be perfect if we could have a "week-view".
This and categories --> Perfect!

But anyway: Thanks for Your great app!

sbp

Mar 27, 2007
Hi I think I have found a bug.

The red square around "today" doesn't move/follow the present day. For me if I started Thumcal on the 14 of april the red square stays around the 14 of april even the next day (15 of april).
If I press "Today" Thumcal correctly goes to the 15 of april, but the red square still is around the 14 of april.
I have to kill Thumcal and restart before the red square is located correctly.

lukasl

Mar 15, 2008
Bug / Feature ?

Hi S.L.I,

I've been following this app since inception and now, it's become a nice app with great potential. It has replaced the std Calender on my HTC Touch Dual as of a few days ago. I hope this app will continue its philosophy of simplicity and not become bloated with too many features. I have a few comments:

a) The start date of an appointment cannot be changed once the appointment is saved. I consider this a bug. The start time can. Both the end date and time are also changeable.

b) The font size in the detail screen is quite small in my HTC Touch Dual (screen size is 2.8"). Not sure if others have this issue. The text become quite difficult to read. Is it possible to make the font size editable, or provide another choice of a larger font size?

c) In general, when displaying both appointments and tasks, appointments should be displayed first followed by tasks (apts are supposed to have higher priorities). In the detail screen, this is reversed.

d) In the detail screen, would be nice to have a separator line between the appointments section and the task section. That way, once can easily see the two different section, making it easy to scan the items.

e) When a task on day N is not completed, and it is now day (N+1), the task should automatically roll over into day (N+1). Currently, it does not. That is, on any particular day, all previous days' tasks which haven't been completed should appear in today's view.
Appointments do not roll over as they have a definite date/time.

(c), (d) are simple to implement. (a), (b) & (e) will take more time.

Much thanks for a nice app.

- another SE

miljbee

Feb 20, 2007
Orleans
Hello,

I am discovering this app, and i found it awesome !

I am a heavy cal/tasks user, and from now i was using Pocket Informant.
PI is great because it can do all the tings you could think about except being usable with the thumb.

So I Keep PI for the power it offers, but i will heavily use ThumCal to quickly enter some new appt/tasks, it is far more efficient than PI.

- I ran ThumCal on an Axim X51v (a vga device), the biggest problem for me is response time. It's really slow. It can take up to 5s so display next month ...
Perhap's it's because the appts/tasks are all read before something start to happen on the screen. If this is the case, perhaps you could "preload" calendar entries in background for next/prev month/day.

- Changing year with up/down doesn't interest me, I don't find it usefull.

- A Week view would be great !

hi,

Thanks for your job!

Concerning these requests, I don't agree ! Keep your app as simple as possible to enable us to store apps/tasks at the speed of the light with our big thumbs !
The feature requested by flying machine are available in many other apps that can be used together with ThumbCal.

Keep up the good work man, you have a potentially best seller in your hands ... I would surely paid for it when perfs problems will be solved

Sushikidd

Mar 2, 2007
Rotterdam
i agree with miljbee ! :)

please keep putting performance before cosmetics, and also leave the more extensive or complex options to the standard app or other 3rd party apps, that can then be accessed through your lightweight and hopefully quick but most of all very finger friendly thumbcal... :)

all that most of us need is to be able to quikly and smoothly enter the main things about an appointment or task, with 1 thumb.

n i am open to corrections on this, but if you ask me the only things really necessary for that are:
the title, start and end dates, time/ all day indicators, alarm, and for tasks the completed checkbox. and possibly a recurrance option.

this should be quick to enter or edit, and on top of that a clear day/week/month overview is all thats needed. i think you have this covered now, and it looks great already!

my only wishes before i can make this my default agenda app (and finally give u a small token of my appreciation for your work and skill) are to speed up the scrolling, be able to open in day view, and to have a built in OPTION to replace the default today plug in.

JamesAllen

Mar 10, 2007
NJ
Keep It Clean and Simple

I have been using this since the earliest releases and find it very useful. I no longer use the built in calendar feature. I would strongly suggest a week view. As far as a Today Plugin goes, I gave up on the Today Home long ago in favor of Throttle Launcher. I have your icon on the Today Screen within the TL Today Plugin and that's all I need. Can't wait for your next release and a contribution will be forthcoming, I am sure.

Attachments

• Preview.jpg
    Preview.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 215

rwertz14

Jan 8, 2008
Rutledge, Tn.
Reminder Bug

I have a problem where if I have an appointment on the 1st of the month and I want to set a reminder a day ahead, it will not allow me to select the day in the previous month to set the reminder. Has anyone else seen this problem?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Themes Thumbcal

Only dinosaurs still use thumbcal... but I leave 2 themes:
    1) Fixed Thumbcal green
    2) New Thumbcal orange
    Too bad this app is not being developed for Android, there is no cal app in android market as good as thumbcal!!!!