just built a 4.2.2 stock kernel and rom - update7 final - 14/9

Search This thread

pakure

Sep 22, 2009
HYDERABAD
Though I encourage you. . There is nothing on 4.2.2 touch wiz on my note 8 that impresses me to be excited about using it on my note 2..:rolleyes:

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

DubelBoom

Jan 10, 2011
Though I encourage you. . There is nothing on 4.2.2 touch wiz on my note 8 that impresses me to be excited about using it on my note 2..:rolleyes:

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Lock screen widgets is enough for me.
Any anyway, I'm looking for a note 8.0 port for the note 2 anyway..

ykkfive

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 25, 2010
ykkfive.blogspot.com
hi there, sorry for late update coz the modding/testing process troubled me sooooo much

update 3 - over the weekend:

i decided to continue the port since most of the basic requirements were met. wifi, phone calls, sms were fixed during last weekend but no sdcard mounted, including internal and external, and no mobile data connection. the modding processes were not straight forward and if the wifi problem couldnt be fixed i probably opted to give it up

and since no sdcard were mounted, many apps were affected (FC) due to the fact that they rely on the sdcard so much like gallery, camera, etc.

another thing i discovered was, this 4.2.2 has more than one apps containing checkings that can render your phone to become factory mode!! what the.....

so to conclude, the followings are some of the areas that need to be fixed with high priority:
- sensors (all), including rotation of course
- mobile data connection (i can see it is connected to my carrier in LTE channel 14, but nothing else)
- mount sdcard

update 4 - 27-28/8:

i coped with the sdcard problem finally yesterday nite (this morning actually hk time). it was a great success :victory:, but the phone turned out not bootable anymore. i found that, this note8 4.2.2 (or may be others as well) will do something if the sdcard is mouted but this action crashed the zygote (main process). i took a glance at the related smail files but not sure why it happened. i suspected that this is another bug for the internal/external sdcard if it is close (>90%) to the full capacity (i found one disk full bug before!! :mad:)

without adb, i had to boot up the phone, let it pause for a few mins, reboot to the recovery mode as to read the logs repeatedly ....... :crying: and after a few hours and countless reboots (i have never reboot my phone so frequently!), i managed to boot it up again (sometimes), and i can move on to fix the next

btw, i have found some funny things regarding the efs!!
1st, i emptied the whole efs and hoped that it will be re-created with proper files and permissions but it simply wont do that and left me an empty partition
2nd, the efs partition is not mounted usually, but suddenly i found a new efs folder was created with the FactoryApp folder alone inside. i am talking about a new efs folder on the root of the system, and it is not mounted on mmcblk0p3 and has nothing to do with the real efs partition at all

strange... :confused:

ykkfive

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 25, 2010
ykkfive.blogspot.com
点解唔用n7108d噶rom呢,系4.2.2噶:D

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

translated for him: why dont you use the rom from n7108, it's 4.2.2

i couldnt find a n7108 4.2.2 rom, even in chinese forums (我找不到 n7108 4.2.2 rom)
and, i want to have the tabletui in note 8, and apps with mdpi layouts

Last edited:
Reactions: spiderio

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i built it for both fun and testing for my note 2 lte n7105, will try it out soon

hope that i will return with a success, although i think its not an easy task

ps no promise :)
    before i jump to bed, i would like to say 'yes, i will go on'

details later
    ok, finally.....
    sorry guys, i jumped to bed last nite immediately after posting the screenshot, it was 6am in HK..

quite a lot of things need to be modified in this initial version like no internet, no sensor, internal sdcard not mapped correctly, camera, resolution, as well as nfc (they don have nfc but i got it work in 4.1.2), etc, since all those files are not intended for n7105 actually. and in fact, i have only replaced the system and kernel only while others like boot loader, modem, etc are still 7105's

for 7100, if, and only if, i have time to do it, that's fine since not too many changes involved but don expect a fancy, touchable update like aroma. but if anyone willing to provide one, i don and wont mind :D (PS i am a command line user)

i am going to sort them out now, and i remember last time it took me about 2 days to fix all problem when i put the n5120 rom (excluding kernel) into my 7105 with all 4.1.2 files available, which is not true in this case where no 4.2.2 files available for the note 2

so..... be patient and hope that i can finish it before note 3 launch!! :p