Xolo Q1000 Opus Hacking and discussion

Search This thread

kgarg

May 21, 2012
Xolo Q1000 Opus Hacking and General Discussion Thread
This thread is dedicated to all the people owning a Xolo Q1000 opus. As there was no specific thread for this device I made a thread containing all the development till now for this device with further development coming....!!

First of all Please do remember I ain't a developer myself...Since there was no thread for development of this phone I made the thread by the suggestion of fellow XDA member kartikoli....So if you think you can do more development feel free to post your stuff on this thread...
This thread is not like I will only do the development you too can do some and post it here...

And secondly, Do not quote the whole post quote that part in whose context you are asking your question..

Feel free to ask any question...!!

Rooting Tutorial

You will need the following before proceeding:-
1. Kingo Root App which can be downloaded from their official website.links http://www.kingoapp.com/android-root.htm
2. ADB drivers ( Tutorial Below)

Now how to install ADB drivers...
1. Connect your phone with your PC.
2. After Connecting from the notification panel tap on Connected as USB Storage and then tap on Installer CD.
3. As soon as you connect it as installer CD an icon called "iAmCdrom" will appear in My Computer window, open it and copy the androidadb folder in USBDrivers folder to your desktop.
4. Now disconnect your phone. And in the developer option check the USB Debugging option. (Developer options can be unlocked by tapping 6-7 times on the build number in the about device menu).
5. Now connect your phone again with USB debugging on and from the Connected as CD option select USB storage.
6. In the system properties click on device manager (For Win7 and up) OR hardware>device manager(for Win XP).
7. Click on Android USB Devices and under it right click on android USB Devices and click on update drivers.
8. Choose manual location and navigate to the place you saved the folder in Step 3.
9. It will install the drivers and now you have ADB Drivers on your PC.

How to root:-
1. Install the Kingo Root app downloaded from the links above and open it.
2. Connect the phone with USB debugging enabled.
3. It will detect your phone and as soon as it detects your phone a Root option will be shown in the app. Click on it.
4. The phone will be rebooted automatically and as soon as the phone is rebooted it is ROOTED!!!
5. You can check your root by the Root checker app which can be founded on Play Store.

More Development Coming Soon!!! Feel free to ask any question and post your stuff on this thread..

kartikoli

Aug 16, 2011
grt this thread should bring in other members and we might get some support from developers

kgarg

May 21, 2012
grt this thread should bring in other members and we might get some support from developers

i'll post the links to thread in d xolo group but I dont think so that any developer haa this device otherwise some development should have been there...

Sent from my Q1000 Opus using Tapatalk

kartikoli

Aug 16, 2011
i'll post the links to thread in d xolo group but I dont think so that any developer haa this device otherwise some development should have been there...

lets hope for the best i remember this phone was sold for 7.2k on infibeam and if we were lucky then some developer could have purchsed it

Just being optimistic :p

kgarg

May 21, 2012
Recovery

Any luck with CWM? I tried builder.clockworkmod.com but it gave me a black screen any way to fix it? I tried a recovery which shubh971 gave me but I ended up in bricking the device....

kgarg

May 21, 2012
you got which phone?
And how did you build this recovery?
Can I have a screenshot too?

Last edited:

kgarg

May 21, 2012
[quote name="kgarg" post=50226931]Any luck with CWM? I tried builder.clockworkmod.com but it gave me a black screen any way to fix it? I tried a recovery which shubh971 gave me but I ended up in bricking the device....

well i have similiar phone like yours
just give it try http://d-h.st/JUV ;)
i
t's giving me a blank screen... can you help me in finxing this

Sent from my Q1000 Opus using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

shubh971

Jun 1, 2013
new delhi
will this recovery work?????

hi guys
I'm minhdangoz from Mobiistar, Vietnam
Q1000 Opus use BCM 23550 chipset and unlucky that many versions of CWM doesn't work.
I tried compiling CWM from source code and fix some issue.
This is the first BETA version, we can install the zip files, and the zip ROM.
http://diendan.mobiistar.vn/threads/beta-v1-cwm-recovery-tl-504q.24032/

I wanted to know will this recovery work or it will brick my device has any one tried it yet???

emperorsum

Oct 27, 2012
I wanted to know will this recovery work or it will brick my device has any one tried it yet???

Hi.. I, too, own the opus. I am from India.

FYI the Xolo Q1000 Opus is called Mobiistar touch Lai 504Q in Vietnam. it's the same device, different name.

I recently soft-bricked my phone after corrupting the /system partition. And I couldn't flash the stock ROM because the stock Recovery (like in most devices) does not allow /system flashing. Now I was stuck as none of the flashing methods that work for qualcomm devices work for this phone. And the Stock Recovry sucks (You can still use the Stock Recovery to HARD RESET the OPUS though)

I gave it to the service center. let's hope they don't charge me anything.

I will be installing minhdangoz's CWM after I get it back. Since I am a programmer I will try to go through the code and maybe help out and make a fully working CWM for the Opus. Wish me Luck.

P.S. to boot into Recovery (I learnt it from the Vietnamese forums):
1. Hold Power button for 3 seconds till phone vibrates.
2. When Phone Vibrates,Let go of the Power button.
3. Quickly press and hold the Volume-Up button till recovery loads (you probably don't have to hold it that long).

EDIT:
post kit kat update.. to enter stock recovery:
To get into Stock Recovery of Xolo Q1000 Opus (Mobiistar touch Lai 504Q in Vietnam) do the following:
2. When Phone Vibrates, Leave the Power button.
3. Quickly press and hold the Volume UP+DOWN (together) button till recovery loads (you probably don't have to hold it that long).

Last edited:
Reactions: minhdangoz94

puneet_july30

Apr 11, 2008
Monterey, CA
Does anyone else is facing he same issue as I am facing:
3 days back I got the notification that the system upgrade is available. I checked and it was 4.4.2 upgrade for my Xolo Q1000 Opus. I downloaded file of size approx 250mb and installed it. But since then I am not able to turn my wifi on. I contacted Xolo helpline and they say that I have to give the phone to their service center :(
Has anybody faced such problem?
Any workaround for this problem?
Your help is appreciated.

Thanks
Puneet

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Xolo Q1000 Opus Hacking and General Discussion Thread
    This thread is dedicated to all the people owning a Xolo Q1000 opus. As there was no specific thread for this device I made a thread containing all the development till now for this device with further development coming....!!

First of all Please do remember I ain't a developer myself...Since there was no thread for development of this phone I made the thread by the suggestion of fellow XDA member kartikoli....So if you think you can do more development feel free to post your stuff on this thread...
    This thread is not like I will only do the development you too can do some and post it here...

And secondly, Do not quote the whole post quote that part in whose context you are asking your question..

Feel free to ask any question...!!

Rooting Tutorial

You will need the following before proceeding:-
    1. Kingo Root App which can be downloaded from their official website.links http://www.kingoapp.com/android-root.htm
    2. ADB drivers ( Tutorial Below)

Now how to install ADB drivers...
    1. Connect your phone with your PC.
    2. After Connecting from the notification panel tap on Connected as USB Storage and then tap on Installer CD.
    3. As soon as you connect it as installer CD an icon called "iAmCdrom" will appear in My Computer window, open it and copy the androidadb folder in USBDrivers folder to your desktop.
    4. Now disconnect your phone. And in the developer option check the USB Debugging option. (Developer options can be unlocked by tapping 6-7 times on the build number in the about device menu).
    5. Now connect your phone again with USB debugging on and from the Connected as CD option select USB storage.
    6. In the system properties click on device manager (For Win7 and up) OR hardware>device manager(for Win XP).
    7. Click on Android USB Devices and under it right click on android USB Devices and click on update drivers.
    8. Choose manual location and navigate to the place you saved the folder in Step 3.
    9. It will install the drivers and now you have ADB Drivers on your PC.

How to root:-
    1. Install the Kingo Root app downloaded from the links above and open it.
    2. Connect the phone with USB debugging enabled.
    3. It will detect your phone and as soon as it detects your phone a Root option will be shown in the app. Click on it.
    4. The phone will be rebooted automatically and as soon as the phone is rebooted it is ROOTED!!!
    5. You can check your root by the Root checker app which can be founded on Play Store.

More Development Coming Soon!!! Feel free to ask any question and post your stuff on this thread..
    Haha. Nice.. my last doubts about software and kernel compatibility between the 2 devices have been squashed.

Has anyone figured out how to root the new kit-kat ROM though? I tried super-one-click, kingo and vroot. also tried manual root via adb.. didnt work.. :(

EDIT: Also update patch has fixed most of the bugs.. but i somehow feel the audio/sound volume is much lower in the kit-kat ROM. is it just me or anyone else feel lower audio volumes?

I have made a new CWM Recovery for KitKat and it works very well.
    I will update as soon as possible

this is the Version 3 of CWM Recovery for JB 4.2.2
    I have fixed the AP Crashed issue so we can use Wipe data/factory reset function now :)

see all my thread here
    CWM Recovery Q1000 Opus

hi guys
    I'm minhdangoz from Mobiistar, Vietnam
    Q1000 Opus use BCM 23550 chipset and unlucky that many versions of CWM doesn't work.
    I tried compiling CWM from source code and fix some issue.
    This is the first BETA version, we can install the zip files, and the zip ROM.
    http://diendan.mobiistar.vn/threads/beta-v1-cwm-recovery-tl-504q.24032/

FYI the Xolo Q1000 Opus is called Mobiistar touch Lai 504Q in Vietnam. it's the same device, different name.

I recently soft-bricked my phone after corrupting the /system partition. And I couldn't flash the stock ROM because the stock Recovery (like in most devices) does not allow /system flashing. Now I was stuck as none of the flashing methods that work for qualcomm devices work for this phone. And the Stock Recovry sucks (You can still use the Stock Recovery to HARD RESET the OPUS though)

I will be installing minhdangoz's CWM after I get it back. Since I am a programmer I will try to go through the code and maybe help out and make a fully working CWM for the Opus. Wish me Luck.

3. Quickly press and hold the Volume-Up button till recovery loads (you probably don't have to hold it that long).

EDIT:
    post kit kat update.. to enter stock recovery:
    To get into Stock Recovery of Xolo Q1000 Opus (Mobiistar touch Lai 504Q in Vietnam) do the following:
    2. When Phone Vibrates, Leave the Power button.
    3. Quickly press and hold the Volume UP+DOWN (together) button till recovery loads (you probably don't have to hold it that long).

You can flash the stock ROM by using Flashtool
    Mobiistar already published their tool.