[UNLOCK] Unlocked bootloader

Search This thread

dodge972

Dec 20, 2009
Okeechobee, Florida
It does not say any where that you have to purchased ADH with in 30 days of product. What it does say is you can not put a claim on it in the first 30 days if you purchased it after 30 days. For example you purchased your prime and square trade warranty on Jan 1, 2012. You broke it, Bork it you can turn it in any time.

Example 2 you purchased prime Jan 1, 2012 and been playing with, somebody told you about square trade its now March 1,2012 you decided to go with square trade. You within your 90 days, so you purchased square trade March 1, 2012. You just dropped your prime accidentally march 15, 2012. Well square trade said if you didn't purchase us on the day you purchase your prime, that you can not use ADH for the first 30 days which means all of March You can not use your ADH but April 1,2012 your 30 days is up and we could honor your claim

Thats what I get out of it

---------- Post added at 07:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 AM ----------

I need tourist signature

Last edited:

newellj79

Jan 2, 2011
OnePlus 8
It does not say any where that you have to purchased ADH with in 30 days of product. What it does say is you can not put a claim on it in the first 30 days if you purchased it after 30 days. For example you purchased your prime and square trade warranty on Jan 1, 2012. You broke it, Bork it you can turn it in any time.

Example 2 you purchased prime Jan 1, 2012 and been playing with, somebody told you about square trade its now March 1,2012 you decided to go with square trade. You within your 90 days, so you purchased square trade March 1, 2012. You just dropped your prime accidentally march 15, 2012. Well square trade said if you didn't purchase us on the day you purchase your prime, that you can not use ADH for the first 30 days which means all of March You can not use your ADH but April 1,2012 your 30 days is up and we could honor your claim

Thats what I get out of it

---------- Post added at 07:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 AM ----------

I need tourist signature

I have a pretty good comprehension level and this clearly says that ADH must be bought within 30 days of item purchase.

" Warranties on Retail items can be purchased within 90 days of item purchase. However, if your item is eligible for, and you'd like our Accidental Damage from Handling (ADH) coverage your purchase window is reduced to within 30 days of the item purchase date."

scook9

Mar 8, 2011
Northern Virginia
I have a pretty good comprehension level and this clearly says that ADH must be bought within 30 days of item purchase.

" Warranties on Retail items can be purchased within 90 days of item purchase. However, if your item is eligible for, and you'd like our Accidental Damage from Handling (ADH) coverage your purchase window is reduced to within 30 days of the item purchase date."

I bought ADH 2 months after buying and they activated the warranty.....don't read too much into something

newellj79

Jan 2, 2011
OnePlus 8
I bought ADH 2 months after buying and they activated the warranty.....don't read too much into something

Really? I' going to give them a call right now. If it's now to late to get it I would really like to.

EDIT... just got off the phone with them and sure enough, they will sell the ADH to products bought new for 90 days. My apologies. Needless to say I'm probably going to buy one tonight, maybe unlock the bootloader too :)

Last edited:

scook9

Mar 8, 2011
Northern Virginia
Really? I' going to give them a call right now. If it's now to late to get it I would really like to.

I got my prime from a guy who had 2 preordered from different places just in case. He had got the one I bought from Amazon. I called up SquareTrade and they told me just go on amazon and order a warranty. I did and then emailed them the receipt (he had provided it to me) from amazon for the tablet purchase, they activated the warranty without a hiccup.

dodge972

Dec 20, 2009
Okeechobee, Florida
I assume dude you can not read it states it clearly. I did purchased mine in January and I have the ADH when I purchased square trade in March and 4 days latter square trade called me to make sure I am happy and if I had any other questions. Dude ****ING read don't add anything to it, just read it plain old English

Last edited:

newellj79

Jan 2, 2011
OnePlus 8
I assume dude you can not read it states it clearly. I did purchased mine in January and I have the ADH when I purchased square trade in March and 4 days latter square trade called me to make sure I am happy and if I had Panetta questions. Dude ****ING read d don't add anything to it, just read

ha... maybe a valium for you buddy.

dodge972

Dec 20, 2009
Okeechobee, Florida
OK so you need reading teacher case close and quite misleading people get your facts up front before you start lecturing about something you clearly have no idea about it.

newellj79

Jan 2, 2011
OnePlus 8
OK so you need reading teacher case close and quite misleading people get your facts up front before you start lecturing about something you clearly have no idea about it.

Real quick for giggles, you did read the link right? The one where it does say thirty days, which is what i was claiming it said. And then, you did read the edit right? The one were it says I called and found out the info on there sight is wrong, and that you can buy it for up to 90 days. ****, I even apologised for correctly quoting there own website. I'm laughing about this with my 17 month old daughter. What case? Don't answer it, or do, I'll let you have the last word. This was silly. I hate when I allow my self to be sucked into this kind of thing. Good day to you friend.

smoothone

May 7, 2007
Fort Lauderdale
This is the screen I get and can't get out of. Anyone?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-03-14-18-16-20.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-03-14-18-16-20.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 604

blublub

Oct 22, 2009
Hello,

I am getting very frustated now.

- I rooted my prime (as I did many times before) using Viper 4.5
- Used Viper 4.5 to install UnlockApp
- followed instruction from UnlockApp, all went well.
- installed CWM over Viper 4.5 - looked good!?

However with volume down/power I only got into Asus boot 2.0 something with option to wipe or boot - so my guess unlok didnt work - correct?
However now I am getting, "network error" try again later when I am trying to unlock again!

Did that message get away for all of you or am I now stuck with a voided warrranty and a still locked-down prime?

Last edited:

Blazeitup123

Jun 18, 2008
Saskatoon
Hello,

I am getting very frustated now.

- I rooted my prime (as I did many times before) using Viper 4.5
- Used Viper 4.5 to install UnlockApp
- followed instruction from UnlockApp, all went well.
- installed CWM over Viper 4.5 - looked good!?

However with volume down/power I only got into Asus boot 2.0 something with option to wipe or boot - so my guess unlok didnt work - correct?
However now I am getting, "network error" try again later when I am trying to unlock again!

Did that message get away for all of you or am I now stuck with a voided warrranty and a still locked-down prime?

Just checking, but did you push vol up within 5 seconds at boot? Also possible CMR did not install properly.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

unibombz

Nov 11, 2011
Asus unlocker does not work for me, I have no way to unlock the boot loader, any ideas ?

beekay201

Nov 8, 2010
wait a sec, you need to root before running asus unlocker? only thing i thought unlock was needed for was cwm/roms.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I did not create "it", but the unlock tool is here: link

I am really looking forward to the first ROMs :)
    I just read the other threads (I should have before asking --lol) and I've come to the conclusion that right now, at least for me, it's not worth unlocking yet. Here are my reasons:

1. There are zero development on the Prime as of now, so why unlock besides to void warranty?
    2. If you do unlock and knock-on-wood something happens to your Prime before we get CM9 or other roms, what do you do?
    3. Unless you're a dev or someone who is fairly knowledgeable/confident in your rom-development skills, what are you going to do with your unlocked Prime?

Are there any advantages I'm missing? I'm not sure if anyone agrees with me, but that's how I feel right now. Note that I am not at all gun shy about dumping my warranty for the real good stuff. Like many here, all Android phones I've ever owned, including my entire family's Android phones and tablets (also my other tablet --a Xoom) are rooted with custom roms and recoveries.

I advised those who don't develop or don't know much about rooting to not try this. There are just too many "what-ifs" against this method. For example, what if someone comes up with a way to unlock that doesn't go through Asus? By some miracle, if that happens, everyone who uses Asus' unlock will have a very iffy device with no warranty coverage whatsoever. Just a thought.
    I just read the other threads (I should have before asking --lol) and I've come to the conclusion that right now, at least for me, it's not worth unlocking yet. Here are my reasons:

1. There are zero development on the Prime as of now, so why unlock besides to void warranty?
    2. If you do unlock and knock-on-wood something happens to your Prime before we get CM9 or other roms, what do you do?
    3. Unless you're a dev or someone who is fairly knowledgeable/confident in your rom-development skills, what are you going to do with your unlocked Prime?

Are there any advantages I'm missing? I'm not sure if anyone agrees with me, but that's how I feel right now. Note that I am not at all gun shy about dumping my warranty for the real good stuff. Like many here, all Android phones I've ever owned, including my entire family's Android phones and tablets (also my other tablet --a Xoom) are rooted with custom roms and recoveries.

I advised those who don't develop or don't know much about rooting to not try this. There are just too many "what-ifs" against this method. For example, what if someone comes up with a way to unlock that doesn't go through Asus? By some miracle, if that happens, everyone who uses Asus' unlock will have a very iffy device with no warranty coverage whatsoever. Just a thought.

Right this minute, it's not necessary to unlock. However, my guess is that in less than a day we'll have a ClockworkMod version for the prime and you will need an unlocked bootloader to utilize it. This will allow you to make a full backup of your device (stock) and have a good backup plan should you run into issues in the future with an OTA, etc. The roms will be coming very soon. :)
    If you look at the warranty it does not even cover software, so its beyond me why it voids the warranty, I'm going to take it up with trading standards.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using XDA Premium App
    Where did i find the serial and how can i change it? I Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using xda premium