[Q] Error 403 of Google Play on Samsung Galaxy S4 I9502

Search This thread

wangmengj

Dec 16, 2010
Dear All,

For more than a week, I have been frustrating about the 403 error on my Galaxy I9502 Duos. I have searched many places on the Internet, and I still couldn't make it work. The problem is really killing me, and I spent the whole last night writing emails with and trying solutions from Google support team, and in the end, they said they couldn't help me due to that my cellphone is a rooted device. That's ridiculous! How could I have the Google Apps without rooting my I9502?

So I have tried many ways that I can find, but still, the problem is not solved, please help me and you are my last hope!

Here are the information:

1. I'm using a stock rom based on Android 4.2.2:
Baseband version: I9502ZNUCMH3
Build number: JDQ39.I9502ZNUCMH4

2. I installed below package:
gapps-jb-20130812-signed.zip

3. Methods I have tried:

3.a I have found below link in xda, and tried below methods, and it doesn't help:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1567456

3.a.1: Wiping cache, clear data, clear cache and force stop all below components and restart:
Google Play Store, Google Play Store Service, Google Services Framework
But this doesn't work!

3.a.2: Remove Account:
And I even tried to add another google account of my family, but still doesn't work as well!

3.a.3: Reset both two APNs to the default:
Note, I mainly use WIFI. And both two APN has been reset to default. But this doesn't work!

3.a.4: Using proxy:
I have GAEProxy and Ladder Trial installed. But this doesn't work no matter the proxy is opened or closed.

3.a.5: Revert back to the old play store:
I am using the oldest play store together with gapps-jb-20130812-signed.zip, and obvious this doesn't work too.

3.a.6: Switch to another account:
I switched to another google account, but this doesn't work.

3.a.6: Factory Reset
I didn't do this yet, but I am seriously thinking about this。。。

4. Beside this problem, I also found that my browser can not access mail.google.com
And there is a similar error message:
403. That’s an error.
Your client does not have permission to get URL /2 from this server. That’s all we know.

All, I have tried all my best, and still, I can't figure out this problem. Please help me!!!!!

Thanks.
BR
Wang, Mengjia

Last edited:

wangmengj

Dec 16, 2010
This is first time when I hear that someone needs root to access Google Play. On all of my Android devices Google Play was working WITHOUT root...
do you have any idea at all why have you rooted your phone?:eek:

Really? I really have no idea how to install Google App without root on Galaxy S4 I9502 ? Could you please shed some light on it? Thanks!

In addition, I personally think this is not a issue relate to root as my worked phoned had worked for month until this came up suddenly.

Last edited:

X1Andre

Nov 16, 2013
Have tried almost the same thing...

I've done almost the same things as wangmengj (except for trying another google account). Still no success.

My device is an UMI X1 :cyclops:

Also:
My google play doesn't update by himself, but I tried removing all updates (reset to version 3.3x.sumthin'), then manually installed the newest version (I believe it is 4.4.22).

Still no success. :(

spamtrash

Nov 9, 2008
Krasnoyarsk
Really? I really have no idea how to install Google App without root on Galaxy S4 I9502 ? Could you please shed some light on it? Thanks!

In addition, I personally think this is not a issue relate to root as my worked phoned had worked for month until this came up suddenly.

I have no idea what're you doing and why.
First of all, to check if your Google account is OK, log in from laptop, desktop or other PC to Google Play.
Error 403 usually means that the server refuses your authentication, in other words: you do not have the credentials accepted by the server.
If using PC you'll have same error - that would mean that there is something wrong with the account.

Second, usually (it was same in case of ALL my android phones) - the Google Play was part of the ROM and was accessible as soon as I input the Google account settings. And definitely, installing the apps using the Google Play does NOT requires root, otherwise ALL android phones would be rooted as sold.

moi_dar

Aug 10, 2009
Hi,

I am also getting the same error and had done the same as the above including a factory reset. Still I am getting the same error. I can login to my account via pc but I cannot go to my google setting via my tablet's web browswer. I also realised my device is no longer listed in my google play under setting (via PC). Can someone shed some light to it?

Last edited:

sanova8876

Nov 27, 2013
I had the exact same problem on my I9502, and now all settled. Here's what I've done:

- Find app "Root Explorer" and install it.

- With RE, go to root/etc

- Delete the file "hosts" or simply change its name.

Then it should work!

Dear All,

For more than a week, I have been frustrating about the 403 error on my Galaxy I9502 Duos. I have searched many places on the Internet, and I still couldn't make it work. The problem is really killing me, and I spent the whole last night writing emails with and trying solutions from Google support team, and in the end, they said they couldn't help me due to that my cellphone is a rooted device. That's ridiculous! How could I have the Google Apps without rooting my I9502?

So I have tried many ways that I can find, but still, the problem is not solved, please help me and you are my last hope!

3. Methods I have tried:

3.a I have found below link in xda, and tried below methods, and it doesn't help:

3.a.1: Wiping cache, clear data, clear cache and force stop all below components and restart:
But this doesn't work!

And I even tried to add another google account of my family, but still doesn't work as well!

Note, I mainly use WIFI. And both two APN has been reset to default. But this doesn't work!

I have GAEProxy and Ladder Trial installed. But this doesn't work no matter the proxy is opened or closed.

I am using the oldest play store together with gapps-jb-20130812-signed.zip, and obvious this doesn't work too.

4. Beside this problem, I also found that my browser can not access mail.google.com
403. That’s an error.
Your client does not have permission to get URL /2 from this server. That’s all we know.

All, I have tried all my best, and still, I can't figure out this problem. Please help me!!!!!

Thanks.
BR
Wang, Mengjia

Reactions: gyokov

paradoxiumwind

Jul 23, 2012
Google Nexus 5
Google Pixel 3a
I have had this problem for months now.

I too have been back and forth with google "support" via email, they are ****ing useless.

The issue is on THEIR end.

When I login to the play store on my computer, and I try and download an app, it throws and error immediately after clicking install - it has nothing to do with my device, the issue exists with my account on their end somewhere, but they refuse to acknowledge this and fix it, I really don't know what to do.

fifalover

Nov 11, 2007
I had the exact same problem on my I9502, and now all settled. Here's what I've done:

Then it should work!

It works! Brilliant!
I tried all other suggestions out there without luck. And finally I got the solution here!
Thanks savnova!

_user47

Apr 25, 2013
It works! Brilliant!
I tried all other suggestions out there without luck. And finally I got the solution here!
Thanks savnova!

This still didnt work for me. cant download any app via wifi or 3G, ends up with error 403.even the root explorer solution didnt work.

tried reinstalling playstore, reinstalling ROM (CM11), wiping cache, dalvik cache, reset to factory etc. nothing works.

Please, anyone else?

Dear All,

3. Methods I have tried:

But this doesn't work!

403. That’s an error.

Thanks.
BR
Wang, Mengjia

I Just had the same problem, i solved it by going to /system/app/ and click Phonesky.apk and then install the app.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Then it should work!

Dear All,

3. Methods I have tried:

But this doesn't work!

403. That’s an error.

Thanks.
    BR
    Wang, Mengjia