[Q] Screen damaged - phone locked - adb unauthorized - how to access data?

Search This thread

webwude

Oct 28, 2010
Vienna
Hi.

I just switched my D802 on yesterday morning and got the screen attached - reboot just show black and this screen again - it seems that the whole screen just went south.

Even though I will try to get a replacement (it is a testing devices) I want to backup my data. The phone and its software (cm11) still works, I just got an alarm this morning.

I could just erase everything with Android device manager, but I would like to save my messages, call logs etc.

Problem: I used a screen pattern to lock the device. I already managed to change it to a passphrase using android device manager,but I don't know any way to unlock without the display -
with this lock, adb access in unsuccessfull (device unauthorized). Is there any way to unlock the device?
Any help would be really appreciated - keep in mind - no access via touch is possible - see device picture.

adb:

Code:
C:\>adb devices
List of devices attached
019537e89498f242        unauthorized

C:\>adb shell
error: device unauthorized. Please check the confirmation dialog on your device.

C:\>

Attachments

• IMG_20140131_211924.jpg
    IMG_20140131_211924.jpg
    263 KB · Views: 2,458

gunnyman

Apr 12, 2010
Greenville SC
you SHOULD be able to reboot to recovery using power/volume down combo
from there you SHOULD have adb access and can adb pull the /sdcard partition from the phone.

Reactions: webwude

webwude

Oct 28, 2010
Vienna
You're right - but it is very hard to press the buttons accordingly without any visual confirmation...

webwude

Oct 28, 2010
Vienna
Finally I got it... it was quite a struggle, but I could pull all necessary data from the dead phone, thanks for the hint.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5 mit Tapatalk

3r4s3r

Feb 9, 2014
I met same issue with my phone, could you please write details about implementing steps?
Thanks

You could always use a USB otg cable and a keyboard and enter the password with the keyboard then if you had adb enable you now have access, if you don't you could enable it switching the cable with a slimport adapter to make your phone show up on a tv, see where everything is then unplug it plug baack in a mouse or keyboard and finish.
Hope I helped, I would cry if that happened to my g2

LG K20 Plus ADB "device unauthorized"

Greetings,
I unlocked my bootloader and installed TWRP but somehow my phone virtually explodes with error messages upon reboot. Can't install stock ROM and my recovery file is corrupt. After that, ADB recognized my device as simply, lv517 instead of lgmp260blahblahblah. I tried AGAIN to recover my OS and now ADB is showing lgmp260blahblahblah "UNAUTHORIZED"
Since I can't get past the "Welcome" screen in order to revoke USB Permissions, I am yet again, stuck. Is there a fix?
Thanks in advance for any help

gocegi

Aug 9, 2010
This is a LG G2 thread, not K20 plus.
You are in the wrong forum, mate

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    you SHOULD be able to reboot to recovery using power/volume down combo
    from there you SHOULD have adb access and can adb pull the /sdcard partition from the phone.