Please help! IMEI gone and can't recover for some reason.

Search This thread

sparkyuiop

Hi

I have an S2 GT-i9100 that someone gave me after they deleted the EFS folder from without taking a backup.

None of these fixes seem to work for me. I have IMEI unknown, IMEI SV unknown, Baseband is unknown, Network is unknown and the service menu displays no options. LOL!

Where the signal bars should be is a circle with a diagonal line through it.

I have rooted it, flashed several stock firmwares with Odin with no change.

I have an EFS backup from an old S2 (same model) that was water damaged beyond repair and thrown away. Is it possible to put that IMEI on this phone? I have tried copying it and going through this process detailed here and it completes fine but doesn't make a sausage of difference, even after reboot.

Any ideas or is it shagged?

I thought if the EFS folder was deleted the IMEI reverted to the Samsung default IMEI? When I dial the #06 all it says is "IMEI" in large letters.

Oh deary deary....

sparkyuiop

hi

i have an s2 gt-i9100 that someone gave me after they deleted the efs folder from without taking a backup.

None of these fixes seem to work for me. I have imei unknown, imei sv unknown, baseband is unknown, network is unknown and the service menu displays no options. Lol!

Where the signal bars should be is a circle with a diagonal line through it.

I have rooted it, flashed several stock firmwares with odin with no change.

I have an efs backup from an old s2 (same model) that was water damaged beyond repair and thrown away. Is it possible to put that imei on this phone? I have tried copying it and going through this process detailed here and it completes fine but doesn't make a sausage of difference, even after reboot.

Any ideas or is it shagged?

I thought if the efs folder was deleted the imei reverted to the samsung default imei? When i dial the #06 all it says is "imei" in large letters.

Oh deary deary....

ignore this post! Someone took out the baseband chip. Well that was a waste of 3 hours!