[APP] TasGear | A Tasker Interface [v1.0.13]

Search This thread

Santaclauswitz

Jan 2, 2014
Is your watch running null Rom? Do you have tasker installed and allowing external access on both devices? Do you have zooper widget on your watch?

From memory the one problem I had when trying to get this working was when I came to put the information on a zooper widget. Where it's says edit text manually I was literally typing the text in whereas I should have been selecting the tasker field and editing that.

I found that I couldn't edit the transparency on the gear using zooper. My workaround for that has been to create the widgets on my phone and send them to my watch.

How far have you got with this? Difficult to know how to advise you. Hope I've helped.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

FdeKlerk

Oct 10, 2013
Johannesburg
Favorite menu?

Hi guys.

Is there any way that i can create/choose a menu for tasgear favorite menu?

I only want the apps to show that i want to use and not all of my tasks?

Thanks in advance!

Ok never mind just a reading mistake!! I got the [GG] tag now.

Last edited:

FdeKlerk

Oct 10, 2013
Johannesburg
Intent

Hi.

I have been up and down side ways and to no avail there is NOT 1 basic tutorial that explains intents!!!

And by explain i mean the full cover from how to send an intent to get a message popup on the gear to an intent that will launch an app in or from gear.

So I am going to ask for any assistance in this.

What i want to do:

As soon as i open my music player "MusicPlayerWT.apk" I want to be able to send an intent to my gear that then will triger an event on the gear that will launch an app on the gear self app I want to launch :WatchMusic.apk"

I am using gear 1 (ANDROID) and note 3 (4.4.2) kk rooted.

Any help please.

Brendo

Hi.

I have been up and down side ways and to no avail there is NOT 1 basic tutorial that explains intents!!!

And by explain i mean the full cover from how to send an intent to get a message popup on the gear to an intent that will launch an app in or from gear.

So I am going to ask for any assistance in this.

What i want to do:

As soon as i open my music player "MusicPlayerWT.apk" I want to be able to send an intent to my gear that then will triger an event on the gear that will launch an app on the gear self app I want to launch :WatchMusic.apk"

I am using gear 1 (ANDROID) and note 3 (4.4.2) kk rooted.

Any help please.

When app is run on phone, it sends intent to watch
When intent is received on watch it runs app
Pretty easy
Depending on the data included with the intent tells the watch which task to run

You're better off posting in the sample thread. That thread would even help in giving ideas

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

hurdlejade

Sep 29, 2012
I installed TasGear on my phone which installed TasGear on my Gear. I enabled external access, rebooted my Note 3 but I can't get it to work together. When I start TasGear on my Gear it shows endless loading icon.. and notification on the phone keep switching between connected/disconnected. Any help please?

The following solution posted here earlier does not solve the issue for me:

Restart both devices. If that doesn't resolve the issue:
Uninstall TasGear.
Restart both devices.
Enable external sources in Tasker.
Enable Unknown Sources in the Gear Manager.
Reinstall TasGear.
Restart both devices.

Last edited:

FdeKlerk

Oct 10, 2013
Johannesburg
I installed TasGear on my phone which installed TasGear on my Gear. I enabled external access, rebooted my Note 3 but I can't get it to work together. When I start TasGear on my Gear it shows endless loading icon.. and notification on the phone keep switching between connected/disconnected. Any help please?

The following solution posted here earlier does not solve the issue for me:

Restart both devices. If that doesn't resolve the issue:
Uninstall TasGear.
Restart both devices.
Enable external sources in Tasker.
Enable Unknown Sources in the Gear Manager.
Reinstall TasGear.
Restart both devices.

Hi.

What rom do you have on your note 3?

FdeKlerk

Oct 10, 2013
Johannesburg
Hi @Orbonis.

Is it possible to get a list of intents that "WOULD" work if I send them from my note 3

For example "com.orbonis.gear.tasker.PERFORM_TASK" is suppose to run a task on the gear then in return uses "com.orbonis.gear.tasker.consumer.PERFORM_TASK" to run a task on the phone. that is the only way I got "PERFORM_TASK" to work.

And then is it possible to use the PERFORM_TASK intent to do multiple tasks without the one intent triggering the other one?

This is bothering me. The fact that there is nobody that is willing to give me a straight answer.

If yes you can, then please do ENPLANE how.

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Santaclauswitz

jvamps

Jul 3, 2009
noticed im having the same issue. no matter what tutorials/fixes I've tried i still get the same spinning logo.
on the phone side it just randomly disconnects then connects

using Tmo GS5 w/ Alliance Rom, Project infinity rom, and Cm11.
Galaxy gear w/ null rom 23

Mr_Gee

Feb 6, 2007
Does this also work with the gear fit?
I'm eying one of those at the moment and Tasker support would mean I have to get one ☺

nghiaxp

Oct 12, 2010
I finally have this app working to where I can manually launch my phone's tasks from my gear. But I'm having problems with intents.

When gear screen turns on send intent perform task.

On phone, receive intent perform task.

I get a broadcast error. Failed to execute broadcast task.

EDIT: Got everything working! This app paired with the xposed/Google search api/autovoice/Google Now has revived my gear. Definitely worth the time!

Last edited:

Santaclauswitz

Jan 2, 2014
curious

I finally have this app working to where I can manually launch my phone's tasks from my gear. But I'm having problems with intents.

When gear screen turns on send intent perform task.

On phone, receive intent perform task.

I get a broadcast error. Failed to execute broadcast task.

EDIT: Got everything working! This app paired with the xposed/Google search api/autovoice/Google Now has revived my gear. Definitely worth the time!

I'm curious to know what tasks you're running with that setup

nghiaxp

Oct 12, 2010
When I shake my gear, I launch the "OK Google" activity on my phone. In my phone's Google Now app, I've enabled "bluetooth headset." I mostly do weather and distance searches which are then played through my gear's speaker. But I can also control all of my phone's tasks. So essentially, I'm using my gear as a remote for my phone.

bashy

Aug 25, 2005
Hi, I have the gear 1 and a note 3, I have had tasker installed for a couple of years now, just tried installing the tasgear
It installed ok but that was it, nothing about initialising with the gear, i cant find anything on the phone about the app
nor on the gear, the gear and phone are not rooted, any ides please?

klau1

Jan 1, 2008
I am trying to Get a task I created from my Phone using tasker App Factory to run from The Gear.

I'm using app factory to Make This task Because I want It to be a stand alone app. The gear doesn't Have tasker installed.

This app Is designed to send a intent:

Quick On (62)
A1: Send Intent [ Action:com.orbonis.gear.tasker.consumer.MESSAGE_HOST Cat:None Mime Type: Data: Extra:GEAR_CMD:quickon Extra: Package: Class: Target:Broadcast Receiver ]
A2: Flash [ Text:Sent Long:eek:ff ]

On The Tasker side (phone) I Have The following profile:

intent recieved:

Profile: QuickOn (63)
Event: Intent Received [ Action:com.orbonis.gear.tasker.MESSAGE_RECIEVED Cat:None Cat:None Scheme:* Mime Type:* ]
Enter: Test Task (65)
A1: Flash [ Text:Intent received Long:eek:ff ]

however, Nothing Is happening.

Tasgear Tasks pulled from Tasker Phone All Work perfectly

Just Can't figure out intents

What am I Doing wrong?

Last edited:

Radimus

Dec 1, 2006
Tampa
When I shake my gear, I launch the "OK Google" activity on my phone. In my phone's Google Now app, I've enabled "bluetooth headset." I mostly do weather and distance searches which are then played through my gear's speaker. But I can also control all of my phone's tasks. So essentially, I'm using my gear as a remote for my phone.

Can you specify details?

nghiaxp

Oct 12, 2010
Can you specify details?

On the phone, go into the "Google now" app and enable bluetooth headset in settings. Now go into "tasker" and create a task that activates the "ok Google" voice search. You'll also want to include a command to turn the screen on prior to the voice search. Google now doesn't work while the screen is off. I have an s-view cover on my phone so pocket dialing isn't a problem for me. Finally create a profile where when the phone receives an intent, activate the "ok Google" task you just created.

On your gear, in "tasker", create a profile where when you shake the gear, it sends an intent to launch the "ok Google" task on your phone.

This will get you up and running with Google now on your gear. To get full voice automation to work, ie. Controlling your phone, you'll have to use the "autovoice" plugin on your phone, combined with xposed framework and Google voice search api module.

If you don't care about Google now and want to just control your phone with your gear, create an "autovoice" task instead of an "ok Google" task. Xposed and Google api aren't needed.

My setup is gear running null, note 3 running jedi rom.

Last edited:
Reactions: Santaclauswitz

vingar

Mar 24, 2012
On the phone, go into the "Google now" app and enable bluetooth headset in settings. Now go into "tasker" and create a task that activates the "ok Google" voice search. You'll also want to include a command to turn the screen on prior to the voice search. Google now doesn't work while the screen is off. I have an s-view cover on my phone so pocket dialing isn't a problem for me. Finally create a profile where when the phone receives an intent, activate the "ok Google" task you just created.

On your gear, in "tasker", create a profile where when you shake the gear, it sends an intent to launch the "ok Google" task on your phone.

This will get you up and running with Google now on your gear. To get full voice automation to work, ie. Controlling your phone, you'll have to use the "autovoice" plugin on your phone, combined with xposed framework and Google voice search api module.

If you don't care about Google now and want to just control your phone with your gear, create an "autovoice" task instead of an "ok Google" task. Xposed and Google api aren't needed.

My setup is gear running null, note 3 running jedi rom.

sometimes, recognition not redirect to gear,solutions?

Inviato dal mio SM-N9005 utilizzando Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    tasgear_banner.png

Well this is my first app for the Gear. It is pretty self explanatory, it will launch Tasker tasks on your device directly from your watch. I recently got a Gear after my Sony SW2 broke and while the Gear is much nicer to look at I found the lack of apps disheartening. The Tasker app was what I missed the most so I thought I'd start here!

The development for this app has stopped due to hardware changes. Support for the existing version can be gotten from this thread, but no further updates will be made. Sorry for any inconvenience.
    Please read the installation instruction carefully and check the FAQ before asking asking for help.

Any and all feedback is welcome! :D

Features
    • Start tasks on your device from your watch.
    • View tasks by project.
    • Root not required.
    • Displays a favourites menu for quick access.
    • Launch tasks on the host through an intent (From the Gear or Host).
    • Tasker Plugin (Host).
    • Send messages between the host & the Gear.
    • Custom notifications for Gear.

Installation
    • Make sure you have Tasker installed on your phone and "External Access" is enabled.
    • You will need to allow "Unknown Sources" in the Gear Manager.
    • Then just install the app on your phone/tablet.
    • It may take a few seconds to establish the initial connection. Please be patient :)
    For more detailed information and a step-by-step guide see this video!

Favourites Menu
    • Include the tag "[GG]" without quotes anywhere in your task name.
    • These will appear on the Gear in the favourites category as well as their normal category.
    • TasGear will remove the [GG] tag in the lists display name, but show a * in front of favourite tasks.

Sending Intents to TasGear
    Starting tasks on the host with an intent

From the phone/tablet - This will start a task on the phone/tablet, NOT the Gear.
    Action: com.orbonis.gear.tasker.PERFORM_TASK
    Extra: task:TASK_NAME
    Target: Broadcast Receiver

From the Gear
    Action: com.orbonis.gear.tasker.consumer.PERFORM_TASK
    Extra: task:TASK_NAME
    Target: Broadcast Receiver​

Send messages through TasGear
    Send message from Host to Gear:
    On host send intent:
    Action: com.orbonis.gear.tasker.MESSAGE_GEAR
    Extras: Whatever you want.

On Gear receive intent:
    Action com.orbonis.gear.tasker.consumer.MESSAGE_RECEIVED​

Send message from Gear to Host:
    On Gear send intent:
    Action: com.orbonis.gear.tasker.consumer.MESSAGE_HOST
    Extras: Whatever you want.

On host receive intent:
    Action com.orbonis.gear.tasker.MESSAGE_RECEIVED​

More information on accessing Extras in Tasker:
    http://tasker.dinglisch.net/userguide/en/intents.html

Download

Examples

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2729344
    Thanks to Brendo for setting up this thread.​

Change Log

(v1.0.13)
    • Restart button on the host to reset TasGear in the event of an unexpected closure.

(v1.0.12)
    • Fix for rotation bug within Tasker.

(v1.0.11)
    • Better reports on incorrect setup.
    • Fixed an issue with icons in "Text Based" notifications.

FAQs

Q: Does this app support the null_ rom?
    A: Yes, though this is only possible thanks to fOmey for his help testing.

Q: Does this app require root/null_ to work?
    A: No, there is no special requirement for this app.

Q: How do I turn on "Enable Access" in Tasker?
    A: Open Tasker and press the Menu Button. Go to Preferences, then the UI tab. Check the box that says "External Access". Make sure to close Tasker so that the settings are saved.

Q: How do I enable "Unknown Sources" on my Gear?
    A: Open the Gear Manager and tap on Settings. Scroll the the bottom (under Security) and make sure the box "Unknown Sources" is checked.

Q: I can't get X to work in Tasker. / How do I do X with TasGear?
    A: There are plenty of tutorials around for Tasker, but unless it is a specific problem with TasGear then I ask that you refrain from posting your question here. This thread was set up to give examples of how Tasker/TasGear can be used.

Q: I can't see the notification on my phone/tablet! / I can't see the TasGear app on my Gear!
    A: Make sure you install the app on your phone/tablet and not your Gear. You don't need to side load this app :)

Q: I have X problem, how do I fix it?
    A: Make sure you have correctly installed the app by following the installation instructions and the notification on your phone/tablet says connected. Try restarting both devices and checking External Access is enabled in Tasker.

Q: Can I start a task on the Gear by sending a message from the host?
    A: No. I am not running null on my Gear and therefore have no way to test Tasker interaction on the Gear. If this changes I'll let you know!

Q: Can I install TasGear on a non-Samsung device?
    A: Maybe! You will need to install Gear Manager first! You can follow this tutorial to get it set up. Skip steps 10 to 12, the notification app no longer exists. This is a good alternative. Thanks to @technologicrepair and @Brendo for the research in to this.

Q: Can TasGear create widgets on the Gear?
    A: No. The stock version of the Gear's firmware does not support widgets. If you have null rom you can use Tasker to pass information through TasGear to your phone though. See the examples thread to find out how to do this.
    Downloading..

EDIT: Initial testing works fine both app & intent worked after installing the update.

I let both devices sit for a minute, the intent did not work & the app FC'd.

I am testing the intent using tasker, as I dont have my gear cradle at the moment..

*sigh* Okay. I'm tired, so I'm gonna start this thing again tomorrow.

Thanks a lot for your help guys, hopefully this thing will be sorted out soon.
    I think the NULL rom is the one that drains the battery, but before you installed tasgear did it still drain the battery or not??

HOW DARE YOU.

My rom does not drain battery, you want proof huh huh huh !

D1ppJhW.png

Download betterbatterystats and figure out what is causing your battery drain.. its not hard people. :laugh:
    Hey Kash, think I got everything right, not working tho, only thing I'm iffy about is the line about the oddity in UCCW. I'm not sure where you're referring to in order to input the battery %. You're example was 9. Where do I input that number to kick things off? Thanks

4y3e9u6a.jpg

Please move discussion to the other thread in General , TasGear/Tasker @David_cole I've answered you in that thread

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 05:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 AM ----------

I see there is a option to share widgets in UCCW would u be so kind to share that gear widget? :)
    @pcpimpin @David_cole UCCW widget for phone (uzip)
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/pyv28yo25k37akr/Gear Battery.uzip

Please also check this forum and use for general questions etc to keep this thread clean (respect dev's wishes)
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2729344

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    I have updated the app to allow for different notification styles (Currently "Large Image" & "Text Based").