[APP][Market BETA] Tabr

Search This thread

jms_uk

Oct 5, 2007
Guildford
up and running!

On a side note.. There's a pretty decent free UK & World news widget by a guy called Jim Blackler.. I don't think he's updated it for honeycomb (there seems to be a refresh issue) , but it would be a perfect candidate to be Tabr-fied :D doesn't seem to be any contact details for him though.. shame..

evilantal

Apr 20, 2011
Hi there, looking awesome...

Some small requests though. In the widget settings it's possible to adjust the background color and transparency as well as those for the tabs.
I would also like to be able to adjust the color and transparency for the fields on which the agenda items reside (now an opaque white rectangle).
The second thing: would it be possible to display the agenda item name and appointment time on one line. That way, a lot more appointments would be visible at one time.

Thanks for the great widget!

roflharrison

Retired Recognized Developer
In the widget settings it's possible to adjust the background color and transparency as well as those for the tabs.

This is already possible!
Adjust widget settings->override background color then tap background color and move the transparency slider all the way right

I would also like to be able to adjust the color and transparency for the fields on which the agenda items reside (now an opaque white rectangle).

I knew this would come up eventually, I will add the override for this one soon!

The second thing: would it be possible to display the agenda item name and appointment time on one line. That way, a lot more appointments would be visible at one time.
That is easy enough to do, however I might take the time to extend this idea to allow ordering of all the event elements (time, location, description etc) rather than the quick fix preference to remove the line break. I will put this in the soon to eventually basket unless you have a good idea how to do it? (I'm thinking a combination of the sort screen, like rearrange tabs, and some way to determine where line breaks would go)

Reeonimus

Jul 18, 2010
Calgary
I just found this and I love the idea. The first problem i'm running into that you can hopefully help with is that it's not displaying my actual bookmarks from the stock browser on Honeycomb. It's displaying som random google searches I made from a couple days ago and also some pages I haven't viewed in months.

Where is it pulling the bookmarks from?

Ellingsoc

Jul 26, 2010
I love this idea and seems to work pretty good now if only you can do this on my phone!

Edit

I think adding email would be nice other than that nothing else really jumps to mind
And where is says Facebook under the tabs make that so when you tap it it will open what ever facebook app you want and same with twitter

Last edited:

roflharrison

Where is it pulling the bookmarks from?

Comes from the stock browser.
To be honest i didnt test the bookmarks very thoroughly, i will take another look and fix it up.

@ellingsoc it is coming to phones! I rewrote the settings to work on small screens, i just need to fix up some layout issues.
I am hoping to support icecream sandwich out of the box but that depends on the the sdk.

Email will depend on the gmail api, i keep reading about how google closed that up recently?

Facebook/twitter click is coming very soon, just need to add a preference for you to choose the app you want to open.

Also going to start work on an application module....

Ellingsoc

Jul 26, 2010
Great good to hear love the app so far can't wait to test it out on my phone

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk

roflharrison

Obligatory teaser image:
attachment.php

@Reeonimus I tested the bookmarks and they function correctly on my device. Is there any pattern to the links it shows? The bookmark SDK in Android also has browser history so it is possible there is some mixup going on.

Attachments

• device-2011-09-30-164320.jpg
    device-2011-09-30-164320.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 266

Reeonimus

Jul 18, 2010
Calgary
@Reeonimus I tested the bookmarks and they function correctly on my device. Is there any pattern to the links it shows? The bookmark SDK in Android also has browser history so it is possible there is some mixup going on.

You were right it was showing my history rather than my bookmarks. After I cleared my history and cache in the stock browser and refreshed the bookmarks on Tabr it correctly showed my bookmarks.

roflharrison

You were right it was showing my history rather than my bookmarks. After I cleared my history and cache in the stock browser and refreshed the bookmarks on Tabr it correctly showed my bookmarks.

Strange that it would show your history, must have had something to do with the cache?

Let me know if you have any other troubles with it. I might add some options eventually for people who want show history etc, or even support for popular browser/bookmarks apps (dolphin?)

roflharrison

New dev versions of main app, social and agenda module available.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21587776/tabrsocial-zipped.apk
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21587776/agendamodule-zipped.apk
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21587776/tabr-zipped.apk

Changes to social:
  • Added a "loading" row when the widget is fetching tweets from the provider (Facebook/Twitter)

Changes to agenda:
  • Added a "Quick action" click action so you can access edit/view/open actions directly from any event or task (enable this in agenda settings->click actions), see screenshot
  • Support for Ultimate todo, Pocket Informant tasks and Task Sync exchange applications (require dev versions of these apps for it to work, but I think PI is on the market?)

Aa1Z5sdCAAAJTAi.png:large

Changes to main application:
  • Rewrote settings to support small screens in preparation for ICS
  • Added in built crash reporting
  • Potentially fixed the problem where the widget contents would not refresh after you changed module settings or layout type for a module (now refreshes twice sometimes when you exit settings)

If anyone has time to test any of these I would be appreciative, I expect to publish them to market Monday once I add a few of the requested features.

Ellingsoc

Jul 26, 2010
New dev versions of main app, social and agenda module available.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21587776/tabrsocial-zipped.apk
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21587776/agendamodule-zipped.apk
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21587776/tabr-zipped.apk

Changes to social:
  • Added a "loading" row when the widget is fetching tweets from the provider (Facebook/Twitter)

Changes to agenda:
  • Added a "Quick action" click action so you can access edit/view/open actions directly from any event or task (enable this in agenda settings->click actions), see screenshot
  • Support for Ultimate todo, Pocket Informant tasks and Task Sync exchange applications (require dev versions of these apps for it to work, but I think PI is on the market?)

Aa1Z5sdCAAAJTAi.png:large

Changes to main application:
  • Rewrote settings to support small screens in preparation for ICS
  • Added in built crash reporting
  • Potentially fixed the problem where the widget contents would not refresh after you changed module settings or layout type for a module (now refreshes twice sometimes when you exit settings)

If anyone has time to test any of these I would be appreciative, I expect to publish them to market Monday once I add a few of the requested features.

I get a parse error when trying to install on my phone on the with the tabr apk and the social apk

Ellingsoc

Jul 26, 2010
Ahhh I saw something for smaller screens so figured I would give it a try

Edit

Working better on my transformer nice update

Last edited:

roflharrison

New version of Tabr (0.9.3) is now on the market.

Mostly bug fixes and the settings rewrite, but I also added the row background color overrides for @evilantal

Will update Agenda/Social tomorrow after I add the title click action settings.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Tabr, is a new approach to the multi-application widget, one widget to rule them all!

A Tabr widget has multiple "modules" which link to other applications. Currently supported applications are calendar (including all the task integration you get with Agenda Widget for Android), contacts, Twitter and Facebook.

The tabs across the top of the widget allow you to switch between modules quickly rather than sliding between 5 homescreen's.

Modules can be created by anybody and a simple plugin to an existing content provider can be mocked up in about an hour. If you are interested in including a tabr module in your app contact me!

Features:
    • Scrolling
    • Gridview, listview or stackview for any module (some modules only look good in certain view types)
    • Override skin settings with custom colors
    • Notifier shows a number of changed rows on background tabs (if supported by the module in question)
    • 3rd party module support
    • 3rd party skin support
    Market link: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.everybodyallthetime.android.tabr&feature=order_history

Currently available modules:

More info and downloads: https://sites.google.com/site/tabrforandroid/

Feel free to leave some comments.
    Follow @roflharrison for version updates/bug fixes
    I'm interested in talking to skinners or developers who want to make modules for their apps!
    Yep, Facebook is on the todo list once I iron out the bugs in the Twitter module.
    Big update, you will probably have to re-install but its worth it...
    Who wanted Facebook support? See OP for details
    Have to install separately, at the moment it is annoying, but once it is on the market and they can be updated/added/remove individually it will be a boon!

>Is it possible to click on links
    In Facebook module? Not yet because it is in very early stages. I will work on this for you if thats what you want :)
    You should be able to turn it off in module settings->social->settings->automatic updates.
    EDIT: this setting is bugged, I just fixed it and will report back once I've uploaded the new version

I'm working on the social module now, will have a look at this wake lock bug and fix it up. Running services are naughty :p
    EDIT: this is also resolved in the next build