[Q] s-off on Hboot 2.49 firewater problem

Search This thread

G_O_N

Mar 9, 2009
Hi, this will be my first post but ive been a member for a while just never had a problem big enough to create a post till now. so this is my second max the first one was on 4.3 and rumrunner did the trick, but I have been reading almost every thread that had to do with s-off of hboot 2.49, i read about going to old drivers switching ports and cables basically did everything. I am on verizon and have temp root with weaksauce and have root but when firewater runs and its start chugging it either chugs one or two and then returns to the command line, one time it kept chugging to bottle 11(figured it was on a loop) so thats where i am at any guidance would be much appreciated. btw, i tried using the firewater temp root but i get a failed getting root so cant go on from there, just thought id share that.

misterk267

Jul 29, 2012
Erie, Pennsylvania
By temp root, do you mean weaksauce?

Edit: reread and I see that you do. Sometimes these things just work randomly, I'd just keep trying. Maybe post a screenshot of exactly what your PC screen looks like when trying with weaksauce root?
Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

misterk267

Jul 29, 2012
Erie, Pennsylvania
I hear ya. I'm looking at getting this phone myself and want to make sure I can get s-off lol. Let me know if you have any success if you don't mind.

G_O_N

Mar 9, 2009
I hear ya. I'm looking at getting this phone myself and want to make sure I can get s-off lol. Let me know if you have any success if you don't mind.

I will, theres a lot of pople that have used firewater and it works i just might be one of those special cases, but keep watching this thread hopefully someone will get me on he right track

Last edited:

misterk267

Jul 29, 2012
Erie, Pennsylvania
I just had an idea. I was reading about weaksauce and it takes about a minute for root to become available after device boot. So, maybe you could try waiting a minute after the part where the device reboots to execute the next command.

G_O_N

Mar 9, 2009
I just had an idea. I was reading about weaksauce and it takes about a minute for root to become available after device boot. So, maybe you could try waiting a minute after the part where the device reboots to execute the next command.

Yea i wait or go in the app and do it my self, i also installed root checker and it shows im rooted, and when im on the step where you ask for su it gives it to me so i dont think its a root issue, to be honest i dont know what it is has me really baffled?

misterk267

Jul 29, 2012
Erie, Pennsylvania
Yea i wait or go in the app and do it my self, i also installed root checker and it shows im rooted, and when im on the step where you ask for su it gives it to me so i dont think its a root issue, to be honest i dont know what it is has me really baffled?
Exactly what happens when it fails? Maybe we can figure this out lol

---------- Post added at 11:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 PM ----------

Also, make sure you are using a USB 2.0 port. People in other forums have reported issues with 3.0.

G_O_N

Mar 9, 2009
lol, ok so my computer has 6 usb ports four 2.0 and 2 for 3.0 i tried at first on 2.0 then reading on people said try using 3.0 then i stopped at 3.0, but when you run firewater it tells you this:

opening first bottle 1
chugging..........

after this it should say you are now s-off and blah blah blah(saw a pic someone put on one thread) what it does to me is:

opening first bottle 1
chugging..........
C:\Users\Desktop\ etc

basically to me means it failed because it went back to command line

misterk267

Jul 29, 2012
Erie, Pennsylvania
Strange. It might just not be possible on the latest firmware. Most s-off methods seems to work better if you've already unlocked the bootloader. But with the VZW model, you need to get s-off before unlocking bootloader, which I think might be a big reason why people have so much trouble with vzw s-off. I'm not too familiar with HTC, is there an official way to roll back the firmware without s-off?

G_O_N

Mar 9, 2009
Strange. It might just not be possible on the latest firmware. Most s-off methods seems to work better if you've already unlocked the bootloader. But with the VZW model, you need to get s-off before unlocking bootloader, which I think might be a big reason why people have so much trouble with vzw s-off. I'm not too familiar with HTC, is there an official way to roll back the firmware without s-off?

i was looking for RUUs but I dont think it might be possible and i dont want to brick it lol, i also tried going to htcdev to unlock but said model not supported :eek:, now if i could dp that, that would be great to rollback