[Q] Stock recovery missing!!!

Search This thread

leo_skatan

Mar 23, 2012
I have an AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337 rooted. I tried to flash a custom recovery with Rom Manager, Rom installer, Safestrap and Odin in that order. All my attempts failed because the boot loader is locked and now the stock recovery its gone. My question is: If I flash a stock ROM like out of the box (NB1 OTA) in ODIN that return my phone back to original settings and with the stock recovery too? Thanks in advance!!!

Last edited:

leo_skatan

Mar 23, 2012
Thanks for the info. Then after I flash a full Odin tar file the stock recovery it's back? ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Free mobile app

leo_skatan

Mar 23, 2012
Thank you very much for your time ⌚ and your answers. Hope you have an excellent day. ☺

leo_skatan

Mar 23, 2012
If possible to flash a full stock rom with Odin making a downgrade to Jelly Bean and then unlock the bootloader to install Clockworkmod???

drock212

Aug 26, 2009
ORLANDO
If possible to flash a full stock rom with Odin making a downgrade to Jelly Bean and then unlock the bootloader to install Clockworkmod???

No you can't go backwards with bootloaders. I assume since you weren't able to do custom recovery you're on a newer firmware nc1? If so you can root with towel root then only use safestrap as a means for recovery. But you'll only be able to install touchwiz based roms.

Sent from my LG-D850 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: leo_skatan

leo_skatan

Mar 23, 2012
Thanks a lot for the info. Have a nice day. ☺

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks for the info. Then after I flash a full Odin tar file the stock recovery it's back? ?

Yes, it'll put the stock recovery back on

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
    Yes, your only Odin right now is to flash the full Odin tar file

See the second post
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=50667360
    Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

No you can't go backwards with bootloaders. I assume since you weren't able to do custom recovery you're on a newer firmware nc1? If so you can root with towel root then only use safestrap as a means for recovery. But you'll only be able to install touchwiz based roms.

Sent from my LG-D850 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app