[ROM][5.0.1] HeadBanger v2 *GET THRASHED*

Search This thread

malcho

Aug 30, 2010
Sarajevo
COWBOYS FROM HELL PROJECT PRESENTS

headbanger.jpg

HEADBANGER

HEADBANGER IS ROM BUILT FROM MY SOURCE MACHINE.EVERY WEEK I WILL CHOOSE ONE ROM AS BASE.ROM WILL INCLUDE CUSTOM KERNEL,CUSTOM RINGTONES(PLAYED ON MY IBANEZ RG350) AND OTHER MODS.

PURE SOURCE BUILT VANIR ROM

1. Pure source built vanir rom. Upgrade to 5.0.1.
  2. Rom name is HeadBanger2 .zip.
  3. Source built ak kernel included..
  4. Flash gapps after rom.
  5. Flash SuperSu after rom.
  6. Custom ringtones played with backtracks.

Download:

ROM DOWNLOAD

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS:

If you coming from 4.4.4 rom :

Go to recovery.
Wipe data/factory reset.
Wipe cache and dalvik cache.
Install rom.
Install gapps.
Flash SuperSu.
Reboot and enjoy

THANKS AND CREDITS:

Google for android.
Vanir AOSP
VANIR WEBSITE
ak for kernel.
AK Kernel

All my crew from galaxy s and nexus 4 forums!Thanks guys i learned a lot from you!​

CHECK OUT MY OTHER WORK HERE ON XDA:

NEXUS 4

Galaxy S

GET THRASHED:​

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][5.0.1] HeadBanger v2 *GET THRASHED* , ROM for the ONEPLUS ONE

Contributors
malcho, ak, Cristiano Matos, Setting.Out
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2014-09-02
Last Updated 2014-12-03

DerRomtester

Aug 20, 2012
Neumarkt
What happend to your galaxy s ? I thought i know that guy when i saw your post :D
Nice work really would like to download but atm i am testing f2fs on cm nightly.

Lo4eath

Aug 30, 2011
Nove Mesto nad Vahom
What happend to your galaxy s ? I thought i know that guy when i saw your post :D
Nice work really would like to download but atm i am testing f2fs on cm nightly.

I was testing the f2fs too, although i didnt feel any immediate boost in performance or responsiveness from the phone, granted its pretty fast already, i experienced a rather annoying "bug". Whenever I put more than 3 fingers on the screen, ie when writing, a weird thing happened. All of a sudden, a lot of random spots on the screen would be pressed, like on a keyboard it would just start typing whatever....

DerRomtester

Aug 20, 2012
Neumarkt
I was testing the f2fs too, although i didnt feel any immediate boost in performance or responsiveness from the phone, granted its pretty fast already, i experienced a rather annoying "bug". Whenever I put more than 3 fingers on the screen, ie when writing, a weird thing happened. All of a sudden, a lot of random spots on the screen would be pressed, like on a keyboard it would just start typing whatever....

Sry for being offtopic but that is not an f2fs problem could be hardware or a driver problem.

rc420head

Jan 14, 2013
New Lenox
OnePlus 7 Pro
Google Pixel 6a
So correct me if I'm wrong here but did you just change the zip name and add custom kernel? Idk sounds shady to me, maybe you have permission?

--------------------------------------------------------
Candykat maintainer
Ville (2.15/2.16 Hboots)
M7gsm
M8 (current device)
OnePlus One (coming soon)
i9300

Reactions: pandasa123

pandasa123

Jul 20, 2013
South Grafton
I apologize for being blunt, but there are few things that are a few...discrepancies that need to addressed...

I'll start with the innocent one: gapps. Unless it's a OEM based ROM (i.e Sense, Touchwiz, Blur, Optimus), you're not allowed to have gapps in the package. I don't think there's any exception to this rule for a non-OEM based ROM

Next, forgive me if I accuse you wrongly, but this looks a lot like Vanir from the files...so much so that it seems like it's like Vanir with a custom kernel and a renamed zip. Again, I apologize if i am out of place with this comment, but like @rchead420, I have my concerns. I know it shows a code compilation, but i looked a tiny bit closer and the product was mako, not bacon, so it isn't indicative if this is your own work. Just seems like a Vanir modded zip with AK kernel, custom mp3 ringtones, gapps (not allowed), and UKM

Reactions: rc420head

thoiloidainhan

Jun 10, 2011
Well he did state that it was built from vanir source. Vanir is opensource so I don't think he needs explicit consent from the Dev as long as he gives proper credit. As to the gapps concern, who cares??? Google won't lift a finger if some indie ROM chef preinstalls gapps in his rom. However, I prefer ROM without gapps as it reduces the download size and I get to choose my favorite gapps pack

EDIT: wtf Tapatalk did to ma post lol

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

dictionary

Dec 3, 2009
Well he did state that it was built from vanir source. Vanir is opensource so I don't think he needs explicit consent from the Dev as long as he gives proper credit. As to the gapps concern, who cares??? Google won't lift a finger if some indie ROM chef preinstalls gapps in his rom. However, I prefer ROM without gapps as it reduces the download size and I get to choose my favorite gapps pack

EDIT: wtf Tapatalk did to ma post lol

Yes Google would. That's the whole reason we have to install gapps separately. They forced CM to stop loooong ago, which is why nobody does it with AOSP ROMs. Also, technically, XDA should remove it, as Google can come after them for allowing it to be distributed.

And zero idea why your Tapatalk spaced out lol.

Reactions: thoiloidainhan

thoiloidainhan

Jun 10, 2011
Yes Google would. That's the whole reason we have to install gapps separately. They forced CM to stop loooong ago, which is why nobody does it with AOSP ROMs. Also, technically, XDA should remove it, as Google can come after them for allowing it to be distributed.

And zero idea why your Tapatalk spaced out lol.

Cm is a big organization with millions of users. This here will have at most a few hundreds. I do agree with leaving out gapps for convenience though

dictionary

Dec 3, 2009
Cm is a big organization with millions of users. This here will have at most a few hundreds. I do agree with leaving out gapps for convenience though

This was way way back, before they were huge. They were the most popular then, because they used to actually be good.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    COWBOYS FROM HELL PROJECT PRESENTS

headbanger.jpg

HEADBANGER

HEADBANGER IS ROM BUILT FROM MY SOURCE MACHINE.EVERY WEEK I WILL CHOOSE ONE ROM AS BASE.ROM WILL INCLUDE CUSTOM KERNEL,CUSTOM RINGTONES(PLAYED ON MY IBANEZ RG350) AND OTHER MODS.

PURE SOURCE BUILT VANIR ROM

1. Pure source built vanir rom. Upgrade to 5.0.1.
    2. Rom name is HeadBanger2 .zip.
    3. Source built ak kernel included..
    4. Flash gapps after rom.
    5. Flash SuperSu after rom.
    6. Custom ringtones played with backtracks.

Download:

ROM DOWNLOAD

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS:

If you coming from 4.4.4 rom :

Go to recovery.
    Wipe data/factory reset.
    Wipe cache and dalvik cache.
    Install rom.
    Install gapps.
    Flash SuperSu.
    Reboot and enjoy

THANKS AND CREDITS:

Google for android.
    Vanir AOSP
    VANIR WEBSITE
    ak for kernel.
    AK Kernel

All my crew from galaxy s and nexus 4 forums!Thanks guys i learned a lot from you!​

CHECK OUT MY OTHER WORK HERE ON XDA:

NEXUS 4

Galaxy S

GET THRASHED:​

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][5.0.1] HeadBanger v2 *GET THRASHED* , ROM for the ONEPLUS ONE

Contributors
    malcho, ak, Cristiano Matos, Setting.Out
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2014-09-02